The Iroquois New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$194
US$382
US$339
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$269
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$170
US$149
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
US$423
US$391
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$152
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$247
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
3,967 results
All reviewstriomphe restaurantsmall luxury hotelnew yorktimes squaremolton brown toiletriesgreat locationhot ciderthe red flame dinerbryant parkquiet streetturn down servicefifth avenuegrand central stationrockefeller centermidtown manhattanhome away from hometwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We spent 4 nights at The Iroquois Hotel in New York. On seeing our room we was a little dissapointed, but we now realise New York hotel rooms are quite small compared with other parts of USA. The room was clean and had most things you would need. Bathroom again was small but had all we needed. The hotel did not have many public areas but had a library with internet access. Free coffee in the morning and hot apple cider for later in the day was available in the small foyer. On finding out it was my wifes birthday, just after arrival a birthday card and a plate of choclate covered strawberries arrived at our room ( a nice touch). What makes this hotel special though is its position. It is perfect to walk to a lot of the major tourist spots and close to the subway system for going further afield. Another major plus for this hotel is the friendly and helpful staff especially the concierge for whom nothing seemed to much trouble.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pipjo
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for choosing the Iroquois for your wife's birthday celebration! We understand how special these trips can be and do not take it lightly. I am glad you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to welcome you back for another birthday soon! -Caroline Lakin Front Office Manager

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at the Iroquois in New York for two nights in October 2011. The stay started badly as I arrived on a parade day, had some trouble walking to the hotel from the bus drop off at Grand Central due to road closures but finally made it there a little after 2 pm. I was told the room was not ready yet, that check-in was at 3 pm and that I could upgrade and have a room immediately if I wanted. I declined the option to upgrade and opted to wait out the hour till check-in by leaving my luggage with the hotel and going shopping. I returned at 3:30 pm or so, checked into my room, went up to my room and waited for my luggage. It took a while and finally my suitcase was delivered but not my carry-on. It turns out that another departing guest had taken my luggage by mistake through a series of bad luck occurrences - she sent her friend to retrieve her carry-on, her friend did not know what it looked like and did not have a claim slip, chose my carry-on by mistake eventhough it was nothing like her friend's and rushed out with it. I spent an anxious hour or so waiting for the other guest to return from the airport with my carry-on as I was worried about the personal information and contents of my carry-on. In the end everything worked out, the lady returned from JFK having missed her flight but with my carry-on to exchange for her correct one, and nothing was missing from my carry-on. The hotel staff were most apologetic. Front-desk offered a couple of free drinks coupon, the manager responded to an e-mail I sent about the incident and assured me their procedures were being reviewed to prevent another such incident and offered a stay in a suite at their best available price next time. The most touching though was the effort from the bellman who came up to my room subsequently with a plate of chocolates and nuts and a bottle of wine in apology. I declined the wine as I don't drink but accepted the chocolates and nuts as he was insistent that I do so. In summary, I had a problem at the hotel but they managed to respond well to the incident and, lucky for all it happened on check-in rather than check-out when a delay with the carry-on might have had much more serious consequences.

On a side note, I discovered that one of the concierge was someone I knew from my stays at the Casablanca Hotel who previously impressed me with her thoughtful and efficient service, and bright smile and warm greeting each time. It is a credit to the Iroquois that such a wonderful employee moved over from the Casablanca given how fine a hotel the Casablanca is as well.

Aside from the incident, the hotel was fine. The room was large and comfortable, free wi-fi was included, location is excellent just off Times Square and with lots of subway stations near by and many restaurants within close walking distance. DB Bistro Moderne almost next door was surprisingly good and not stuffy notwithstanding its celebrity chef background, and the diner down the street from the Iroquois was excellent value, efficient and convenient for an early 6 am breakfast or a late bite.

My favourite in New York is usually the Casablanca for its unbeatable location, service and value-enhancing inclusions, but the Iroquois also compares well, especially because I managed to book at a fixed prepaid discount rate that was about $100 cheaper per night than comparable hotels at the same time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The small hotel has not compromised on class. The staff are friendly and very helpful. In the front of the lobby, looking out on 44th street is "the library" - truly a place to sit and read or access the Internet with printer.
You can park yourself at a garage across the street or use the valet service for $10 more. The location is two blocks from Times Square and most theatres. The Algonqin is a few doors away.
The bed was extremely comfortable.
A restaurant is available through the lobby and an intimate bar with approximately a dozen tables for post theatre drinks.
A comfortable place where you can feel safe and secure

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Upon arrival we where warmly greeted by staff, no issue with valet parking and check in was a breeze
The room was smaller than we are used to, however after a few munities we adapted to the extremely clean and comfortable setting. The location is excellent and close to Grand Central and the park.
A return visit is sure to come.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Although our room was small, it was very clean and very comfy. The staff were very nice, friendly and very helpful. I still remember one of staff members, Alex, he was very helpful. he took the time to explain everything to us. that made me feel very welcome. I am planning to go back there again soon.
the hotel is really in the heart of everything. We were able to walk to most of our activities.
you should visit this hotel. front desk staff like Alex and the door men will make you feel at home and very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011