“A tripavisor success story!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Iroquois New York

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #35 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Tempe, Arizona
“A tripavisor success story!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

My stay at this hotel is a great example of how the reviews from this site are very helpful in vacation planning.

After reading many satisfied reviews for this property and seeing their competitive rates for my President's Day weekend to NYC, I booked with the Iroquois.

I took the advice of several reviewers and joined the hotel's "Gold Guest" program prior to my arrival. After joining, I received a couple of friendly messages from the Iroquois staff, welcoming me to the program and asking me some preferences for my room and tastes.

After checking in, all those preferences were granted. I was on an upper level floor, there were chocolate truffles, sparkling water & a bottle of red wine, all compliments of the hotel. It was a great start to my stay. Additionally, the staff at the front desk upgraded my basic room to a deluxe queen compliments of the hotel. Whatever their reason for the free upgrade, I appreciated the gesture and I thank tripadvisor reviewers for their advice.

What most comes to mind when thinking of the Iroquois is the value. Along with the welcome gifts, you get free wireless internet in your room. There is a business center (library) that allows you to use their computers and printers free of charge. You get a daily newspaper... even the Sunday NY Times, free. Plus, the little things like the morning coffee in the lobby and hotel apple cider in the evening... and the milk chocolate on the pillows they do at evening turn-down. These gestures by the hotel greatly enhanced my stay and, in my opinion, made the Iroquois the best value in town... Like no other I have experienced in NYC.

I compliment the Iroquois management on the way they run their hotel. It was a pleasure to stay there and I surely will return for future visits.

Room Tip: Join the Gold guest program and fill out your preferences.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank elsal
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Good morning Elsal,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind words shared about your experience at the Iroquois New York. I have shared your comments with all staff and this is truly a great motivator for all employees at the Iroquois to continue to strive to exceed all guests' expectations.
Our goal is to provide great service and value for everyone that chooses to stay at the Iroquois. Our Gold Guest program is a fantastic complimentary membership program and I am happy to hear you have joined. Our newsletter will be out soon with some great values.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to your return visit!
Robert Holmes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend on the 2nd February.

We normally stay at the Sofitel next door for our New York jaunts but fancied a change (and the Iroquois was a little bit cheaper).

The hotel has a fantastic location for tourists like ourselves, just a few minutes walk from Times Square and fifth avenue and with easy access to the Metro.

The rooms are extremely well maintained and very well appointed, but are a little on the small side. This in no way affected our stay as there was still ample room for the 2 of us and the time we spent at the hotel and is really the only minor point I can think of. (Well that and I couldn't get the iPod dock in the room to work, but that's probably just me!)

The staff were extremely friendly and professional and we both enjoyed the free coffee served in the foyer during the mornings and hot cider served in the afternoons!

I would have no qualms in recommending this hotel to friends and family (unless they needed loads of room) and would have no hesitation in staying here again.

4 Thank topperuk
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! If we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future please do not hesitate to inform us if anything is not working properly in the room or if there is anything else that could make your stay more comfortable. I'm pleased that you gave us a try! Warm Regards, Kelli Phillips Assistant Front Office Manager
lancaster, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

This NYC Boutique Hotel gets 5 stars! We arrived early and expected to just check our bags and head out to walk the city a bit until our room was ready. To our pleasant surprise, they had a room ready and gave us no hassle about arriving early (which some hotels can tend to do). The staff was very accommodating and friendly! Our room was on the 5th floor and it was very private and quiet (even though we were located right by the elevators). The room was small as I had read, but it was very clean and we really had no need for a large room when it was just my husband and I for an overnight stay. Turndown service arrived just as we were heading out the door to dinner and the maid was very sweet and pleasant. Location was perfect too! We would absolutely plan to stay at the Iroquois again for future NYC trips!

2 Thank mallard460
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We strive to accommodate all of our guest’s requests whenever possible and needs, so I'm pleased to hear that we were able to give you an early check in upon your arrival! We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you again! Kelli Phillips, Assistant Front Office Manager
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for NYE 2012. It was kind of a last minute trip and I was looking for a four star hotel close enough to Times Square and still available two weeks before NYE. I read some great reviews on Trip Advisor of the Iroquois and we decided to stay here. The room was clean, but extremely small, even by NYC standards, but I think we had the smallest room on our floor when looking at the evacuation routes and floor plan posted to our door. I had requested a king sized bed and a room facing the street, and while I was advised those requests would be considered, neither was fulfilled. The room was clean, but the queen bed was small - both mine and my husbands' feet dangled off the edge. Since we only stayed the weekend, it wasn't that big of a deal, but if our trip was longer it would have become a problem. They served complimentary hot apple cider every afternoon in the lobby, which was delicious. It is a small, boutique hotel, but reasonably priced in an amazing location - we did not have to cab or take the subway our whole weekend and we went to Central Park, Times Square, Broadway, 5th Avenue, Rockefellar Center and the Meat Packing District. I would consider it again for a weekend stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank asher8506
I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I apologize we were not able to accommodate your requests, however on a night such as New Year's that can be quite tricky. We also offer larger rooms with king size beds, as well Suite's, if you need more space on a future stay. We hope to see you again! Kind Regards, Kelli Phillips Assistant Front Office Manager
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Awesome weekend spent at the Iroquois Hotel. When we returned this year, we were really pleased to be put in The James Dean Suite, where he lived 3 years back in the 50s. How cool is that!
Perfect location for theatre and shopping on 5th Avenue. Vanessa, you are amazing!! You restaurant choices exceeded our expectations once again. When we were looking for something a little different you sent us down to the Lower East Side for a tour of the Tenement Museum, which we loved. The only downside of the weekend was leaving. Plan to be back again next year, same time.

Room Tip: Select a suite!
1 Thank makarska1997
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
It's very rewarding to welcome back our return guests, we are all very flattered that you enjoyed your experience once again. I'm happy to hear you were also given the James Dean Suite this time around, a nice touch for sure! Thank you again and until next year! Warm Regards, Kelli Phillips, Assistant Front Office Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

This hotel is in the perfect location and is comfortable and welcoming. If I was to return to NYC I would stay here again. Only one small complaint, the air conditioning/heating in our room was pretty noisy!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BopC
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! I do hope the sound from the ventilation system in your room was not too much of a bother for you while you were visiting us, but I thank you for pointing this issue out so it can be addressed. Warm Regards, Kelli Phillips Assistant Front Office Manager
Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

We read the reviews online looking for a hotel to stay in on our honeymoon in NYC, and we hit the jackpot with the Iroquois. The staff was excellent and very welcoming. The location was great, just off Times Square enough that it wasn't too hectic. It was close enough to all of the sites we wanted to see in that area, and only a few blocks from Grand Central which got us everywhere in the city we wanted to go. The room was of average size, but the bed was comfortable and was exactly what we were looking for after long days of walking around NYC. Having the fruit flavored water in the lobby was a huge plus after the extremely hot weather we encountered. Can't wait to come back on our next visit!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bran H
I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel as well as your honeymoon. Congratulations and we hope to see you on your next trip! Thank you again! -Kelli Phillips, Assistant Front Office Manager