“1 week in April”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #45 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Hotel with an excellent location (very very close to times square). The room (601) was very clean , comfortable and no noisy (I slept well). staff was friendly, mainly Sergio and Anowar. If you need informations, don't hesitate to ask to Sergio the concierge, he will give you plenty informations (maps, reductions for some visit like the empire state building and the Intrepid, supermarket address, etc...). I've very appreciated the fitness room with professional equipments. Don't hesitate, to choose this hotel you will not be disappointed. Another advice is to take comfortable shoes (even running shoes), in Manhattan on the map all seems close but when you walk it's not really the case.

Room Tip: The 601 room was very quiet (not on the street side)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bobgdf
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Thank you for your compliments of our staff and property, I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay as well as your time in New York City. Your words of advice are certainly true, comfortable shoes are a necessity here! We hope to see you on a future trip.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed here for a week at the end of March 2012. We had booked in for 7 nights and had opted for a deluxe room to get a bit of extra space. Patrick at Reception upgraded us to an executive room, and we were allowed to have it immediately, although it was an hour before official check-in time. We were on the 7th floor, at the back of the hotel. The room was a good size (unlike London) and we unpacked both our cases in to drawers and the closet, with enough room in the closet to store both large suitcases. The bathroom was particularly spacious, with a powerful shower. We liked the free shoeshine service, just like the old days, where you put your shoes out last thing at night, and take them in early next morning, all shined up! As mentioned by others, the hotel is perfectly positioned a couple of blocks from Times Square, with about 100 eating places easily walked to. All the subway stations are easily walked to, and the Empire State building is about 20 mins walk away in one direction, with Central Park an equal distance in the opposite direction. Vanessa at the Concierge Desk could not have been more helpful with directions, suggested walking routes, and advice on places to eat. This would be our first choice of hotels to stay in on return to New York. Don't miss breakfast at the Red Flame Diner, two doors along from the hotel: typical big American breakfasts served with a smile!

Room Tip: Even on the 7th floor at the back, you can hear car horns, but it was background noise and did not p...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnieHiggins
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for your compliments of our hotel and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in New York! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Booked the iroquois after some lengthy research thru Trip Advisor and glad we stayed at this hotel. Location was excellent, 2 mins from Times Square and the staff were exceptionally friendly and informative when needed. I opted to go for a higher standard hotel due to my elderly mother coming with us and that she would be comfortable staying in the hotel if she didn't feel fit enough to walk all day. The rooms were well presented, very comfortable and very clean. We were given 2 rooms at the rear of the hotel - myself and my wife and a twin room for my mother and daughter - these had no view but we weren't in the rooms for long.
Didn't eat in the Hotel Restaurant, although I wish we had instead of the Marriot View in Times Square, worst, most expensive buffet I've ever had in my life. Seriously, it might have a nice view, Star Trek type elevators - 47 floors in seconds, revolving floor area but give this a miss.
Only negative I had was to walk past umpteen bars to go for a birthday drink in the Hotel Bar only to be told I needed to reserve a table in the bar, I didn't understand that one?
I'd recommend this Hotel if your planning to stay and would use it again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim D

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in April, I'm pleased to hear that Trip Advisor was able to assist in your decision to stay at our property. I'm disappointed that you did not get to enjoy our cocktail lounge, Lantern's Keep; at times the intimate space does get quite busy. I hope if you stay with us in the future we can assist in making you a reservation. Thank you again!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Three adult women were traveling to NY to celebrate retirement. We looked and looked for a 4 star hotel in the theater district under $300/nt and, mainly because of Tripadvisor reviews (and price), we chose the Iroquois and we are so happy that we did. We had 3 deluxe queen rooms (corners), and all 3 of us were totally satisfied. The rooms were incredibly quiet (which is unusual for NY), and the bedding and furnishings were plush. The bathroom was large (also unusual for NY), all marble, and beautiful. Amenities included robes, luxury towel, chocolates at night, and the friendliest staff we ever experienced in NY. Without a doubt, all of us said that we would stay at this hotel again. In fact, I am booking this hotel for a return trip to NY in a few months with my husband. The onsite restaurant was nice for a drink (albeit the drinks were expensive), and the restaurant seemed full every night. We never ate there, but we had a wonderful Italian meal about 1/2 block away at Trattoria Dopo Teatro. The location of this hotel, coupled with the friendliness of the staff, the quality of the room and furnishings, the reasonable price, and the location near the theater and fine restaurants make it ideal. As far as location, it is almost next door to the Sofitel and across the street from Hotel Melea on 44th, just off 5th Avenue. We're glad we found this hidden gem.

Room Tip: The quiet rooms have absolutely no view---only an alley, so it's hard to tell if it's rainin...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SCCarrie
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you for your compliments of our property and staff, we are very flattered. I am pleased to hear that you are already planning a future trip with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back! Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed here in January - it was quite frankly one of the best decisions I have ever made. The hotel itself is literally a two min walk from times square. The hotel staff were both polite and helpful and we always felt welcome.

The decor was beutiful with hot cider being served in a decanter downstairs at night, with access to newspapers/computers etc... really can't think of much to flaw this hotel.

The room was a good size and the bathroom was always clean.

Even the outside of the hotel was nice, with a polite doorman and easy access to transport/nyc cabs.

All in all, this was the perfect base for us to explore NYC in style and comfort, at a good price too. Would definately visit again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing such kind compliments with the Trip Advisor community! Your words are too kind. I hope we do see you again and if so we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Recently stayed at the Iroquiois for business travel, a total of 3 travelers staying in 3 different rooms for two nights. First impressions, very positive in that the staff was attentive when I arrived by taxi. While my room wasn't ready (I arrived at around 11:30 am), they were willing to take my cell number and call me as soon as it was. Bellman, Concierge, and Check In Agent all were very professional.

Room was on the 12th floor. While the room was a smaller room, it was well appointed. Certainly appreciated the comfortable bedding and extra touches, such as the robes and nightly turndown service with chocolates. Based on Trip Advisor feedback, I signed up for their guest reward program. Enjoyed the box of chocolates and small bottle of wine.

The room was very clean, I did not observe any areas that needed attention from the staff. Speaking of staff, they were all exceptional. The bellman even greeted me by name the second day.

One of the greatest things about this hotel is the location. I was able to walk to almost every sight I wanted to see while in town.

Definitely plan on being back to New York and will stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for your compliments and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! I'm pleased to hear that you signed up for our Gold Guest program and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

A very nice hotel with great location. Close to theaters and Times Square and many great restaurants. Bus stop around the corner and close to the subway. Service-oriented staff. The room was not big but quite sufficient. The bed was the best we experienced on a vacation and the bedding was comfortable. The bathroom was very nice with a "mountain" of towels and wonderful products for shower and hair. More time was devoted to cleaning the bathrooms and smaller at turndown. Nice with chocolate on your pillow every night and a card with the next day's weather. Long waiting for the elevator.
Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I apologize for the long elevator wait during your stay. We look forward to the completion of our elevator renovation so, not only will we have both elevators up and running, but the elevator speed with be greatly increased! Thank you once again, for sharing your experience.