“Consistantly outstanding facility, staff and service”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #40 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Newport Beach, California
“Consistantly outstanding facility, staff and service”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

It is hard to beat the great central location of this hotel. This is our second stay and we could not be more pleased. The facilities are beautifully modernized but still with the flavor of the hotel's early years. Nice quite dining room and bar. Very comfortable room. We will be back next year for sure and probably bring some friends from California with us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Andrew N,

Thank you for taking the time to write this exceptional review about our property! We take tremendous pride in our hotel and it's great to hear that our guests our enjoying it to the degree that you did. We can't wait for your return and to meet your friends as well! If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to contact us.

Happy Holidays!

Warm Regards,

John Waechter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Gorgeous old, renovated hotel in superb location (walking distance to Rockefeller Center, other great restaurants and bars and other mid-town attractions). An elegant yet cozy oasis and counterbalance to the high energy of this great city. Beautiful, quiet room, comfy bed, lovely bathroom, wonderful Molton Brown bath products. Exceptional service (special thank you to Eric!). Everyone at the hotel was warm, welcoming and very helpful. Immaculately clean. Surprisingly reasonable rates and so much more charm and personality than the high-end chain hotels. The only (slight) disappointment was the gym; perfectly functional, but no "wow factor". No other place I want to stay in NYC.

1 Thank BHE713
Dear BHE713,

You are making the Iroquois team blush with such kind words! We are so pleased that you were able to enjoy our property to the fullest extent and look forward to your next visit! When you do come back to us our concierge would be more than happy to assist you in finding a more extensive exercise or spa facility if you would like. There are an array of sports clubs and spas in Manhattan and making sure you have everything you need to make your stay perfect would be our pleasure.

Warm Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just back from a long weekend in NYC celebrating my husband's birthday. I spent weeks narrowing down hotel choices and decided on the Iroquois because we are fans of small hotels, the location was great and, the rooms are not your typical NYC 'postage stamp' size. That said. what a nice suprise to be upgraded and ushered into a lovely suite.
From the time we arrived, to our departure, we felt like we were staying with family. The staff is great, - always cheerful and seemed genuinely interested in what we had planned for the weekend. Oh, and the bed! What can I say other than I asked for the brand and model so we can luxuriate at home too. We will definitely be back and would recommend the Iroquois to all our friends. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

1 Thank eshattuck
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Mary-Ann M,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your time here at the Iroquois New York and look forward to seeing you again! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more memorable please do not hesitate to contact us!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The location, staff, rooms (especially the beds) were just perfect. The concierge, doormen, reception and room attendants were so attentive, nothing was too much trouble for them. I would stay there in a heartbeat. Dont waste time looking around for any better, you wont find it.
(Bathrooms are small however functional and they did the job)

Room Tip: Get an upgrade to a suite if possible
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Mary-Ann M,

Thank you so much for choosing the Iroquois New York! We take great pride in providing superior customer service and are very appreciative that you took the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you again soon and if there is anything to make your stay more memorable please do not hesitate to let us know!

Ontario
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have always enjoyed staying at the Iroquois however this stay was not up to snuff.
I requested upon check-in a room away from the street as I am a light sleeper and was assured that my room was in the "middle" of the building which happily it was but right next to the elevator on the 9th floor. The room was fine but five minutes after I had unpacked, I heard a loud noisy vibration. I went into the hallway to see where the noise was coming from and traced it to the stairwell beside the elevator. A housekeeping staff member greeted me and agreed with me that the noise was loud and said that it was the air conditioner and that she would mention it to the hotel engineer to have it fixed. As I had an appointment I thought nothing more of it and ran out. When I returned to sleep that evening, to my dismay, the vibration continued on and off throughout the night giving me a fairly sleepless night. I mentioned it to the front desk clerk in the morning and she quickly and graciously offered to change my room which she did, but not before mentioning that had I asked the night before, which luckily I hadn't, she wouldn't have been able to change my room as the hotel was sold out.
The inconvenience of having to repack and unpack was worth it to get a good night's sleep, however I couldn't help but feel that my experience has been devalued by this and in the future I might think twice before returning. I just hope that this was a one time occurrence as I have always enjoyed staying at the Iroquois.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Canadianknowitall
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Canadianknowitall,

I would like to thank you for staying with us time and again, we greatly appreciate your loyalty. I hope that you will be able to look past this occurrence as you have written about your wonderful stays with us previously and give us the opportunity to show you that that is the experience we want you to have. Should you choose to return to us please contact me directly at 212-840-3080 so that I may assist in anyway possible.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 November 2013

A gem of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World in midtown New York, the Iroquois provided excellent service (especially the concierge Vanessa) during my stay with a wonderfully unexpected upgrade to the top floor suite. Ideally situated near Broadway/Times Square and not far from plentiful dining choices along Restaurant Row/Hells Kitchen. Convenient parking option directly opposite hotel (with discount as hotel guest). The hotel staff were a delight and would recommend this hotel, especially for lower weekend rates.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear heya_mark,

Thank you for such great feedback! I will pass along your kind words to Vanessa, she truly is a wonderful asset to the Iroquois team. We are so glad you had such a wonderful time and look forward to your return soon.

If there is anything we can do to make your stay more memorable in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

There's just something that I love about this hotel. I can't say if it's the staff, the rooms, the location, or if it's all of them together. I might just be the beds that I get a wonderful sleep in!

Easy to find your way around New York from this location, and with plenty of places to eat nearby too. A short walk to Times Square, or even shopping in 5th Avenue.

Rooms are beautiful. Hence why I've stayed here more times than any other hotel.

Room Tip: Frequent customers get upgrades!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank John S
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear John S,

With so many choices when it comes to hotels when visiting NYC, it is with our deepest gratitude that we thank you for staying with us more than any other hotel in NYC. Your positive comments and feedback are much appreciated!

We look forward to seeing you again soon and making your next stay even better than your last.