“Oasis in Midtown”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #43 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a perfect central location to retreat to after galleries and theatre in Times Square. Super. Particularly fond of quiet bar. Try for corner room next time. Two windows next door that would have made the visit even more satisfactory.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Brook200,

Thank you for staying at the Iroquois New York and for such wonderful feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed our prime location and quiet bar and we look forward to showing what our other rooms have to offer. Thank you again and we can't wait until next time!

John Waechter

Write a ReviewReviews (3,844)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just spent 3 nights at The Iroquois Hotel and as like my other stays there it was a perfect visit. The staff is always helpful from the first phone call when they accommodated my special requests for rooms to meet my family's needs, to the great service of the concierge with either directions or recommending a great restaurant and being able to make a call and get us the reservation we wanted, to the front desk staff who is always pleasant and makes the guest feel appreciated. The fresh peaches at the front desk were a favorite of my kids. The location is close enough to the many things NYC has to offer, yet in a location where you can escape from the craziness that surrounds some of the larger hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ken B,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that it hasn't been your first stay with us either. Our staff is definitely what sets us apart and its wonderful to hear that everyone did what they could to ensure your stay was the best it could be. We look forward to your next visit and making it just as memorable as the previous ones.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I love the personal attention at this hotel. I love they respect my privacy and treat me like a valued guest. Wonderful experience for the solo-traveler. Everyone from the doorman through front desk and housekeeping seemed genuinely pleasant and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Jacqueline A,

Thank you for your lovely review and for choosing the Iroquois New York. I am happy to hear your gracious words in regards to the staff and will be sure to share this review with them. We hope to see you again soon and if you need any assistance arranging your next NYC visit please don't hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I enjoyed this hotel very much. The staff were outstanding, especially the concierge. Well done to both of you (sorry forgot names), its the little things that matter. The rooms are small but intimate but most of all it was an oasis from the hustle and bustle of NYC. The hotel is an older style hotel but has been refurbished with good décor. There is a restaurant in the hotel but we didn't dine there, so can't comment. The hotel is located about 1.5 blocks from Times Square and this certainly is a plus, as you are away from the crowds. The hotel is located between 5th & 6th street so there're amenities close by, not to mention shopping on 5th. There is, 'The Red Flame Diner' 3-4 doors down on the right as you exit the hotel. This is good for a cheap breakfast. We mainly ate at Times Deli on 44th but closer to 7th on the left. Good breakfast and a good place to stock up before you hit the subway. Also Bryant Park is close by so if you want to catch an old movie at night, outdoors, its not a bad option. I stayed at other hotels is NYC but this was certainly the pick of the bunch for me. I'd recommend this hotel because of the great service and location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 1Styile1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Iroquois New York and for your incredibly wonderful review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that we are the "pick of the bunch" in comparison to the other hotels you have stayed at in NYC. I will pass along you comments to our concierge team, Vanessa and Bill, and I am sure they will be thrilled. We can't wait to welcome you back again and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more memorable please don't hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently spent several nights at the Iroquois on 44th Street. I had meetings in the area, have regularly stayed at a good hotel nearby but wanted to find another mid-town hotel for regular business use.

The traditionally-styled lobby is small (a good thing) allowing quick entry and exit. Front desk staff were very helpful and attentive without any of the artificial fawning found at a lot of boutique and would-be boutique hotels these days. Check in was quick and easy and the two small elevators are just a step away from the desk.

The small "Executive" room was both fine and a disappointment. They got the most important thing very right: the room was very quiet and the bed exceptionally comfortable. The musty smell on entry was not so welcoming.

As a very frequent business traveler, details that may seem petty to an occasional traveler count.

- The desk lamp was not plugged in. Not a big deal. Just move the chair aside, get down on the floor at the edge of the desk and plug it in.

- There was no hair-dryer. Having unsucessfully searched, I called the front desk and was politely told it was in the second drawer of the dresser; except it wasn't. Another call to the desk and a dryer was courteously delivered 10 minutes later. Perhaps a prior guest stole the dryer but why isn't the presence of a dryer on the housekeeping checklist when turning a room after a check-out?

- there was no luggage rack in the closet, leaving the top of the dresser the only place to place my roller-bag (BTW, thus partially blocked the TV; see below). I could have easily called for one but didn't bother.

- TV isn't important to me and I didn't even turn it on so I don't care about this but one so-often wonders whether people designing hotel rooms ever actually stay in mock-ups of the rooms they design. The large-screen TV, mounted on the wall above the dresser and facing the bed, was not visible from where the single easy-chair was placed and the room was too small to move the chair to a place where the TV was comfortably viewable.

The property is attractive and well maintained. The room decor is very nice. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The location is great for mid-town business or access to the theater district. Wi-Fi was stable and fast. The price was reasonable. So the Iroquois has a lot to offer. But to be a top business hotel, a bit more attention to detail is needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear R11-TA.

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate every opportunity to improve our service and operation and will be addressing the details that were missed accordingly. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and wifi and we have very large plans in the near future to upgrade our rooms and hope you will return to see what we will soon have to offer. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My daughter and I took a trip to New York City. We were looking for a good hotel that would be centrally located. I did some research, and after reading many reviews I decided this would fit our needs. This is not a good hotel but a great one! The people there are courteous, and extremely helpful. Especially the concierge. They went out of there way for us. Not like other hotels, doing you a favor. The hotel is only two short blocks from time square. If you want a great hotel, that is reasonably priced centrally located I recommend the Iroquois.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Roland D,

We are beyond thrilled that were we able to be a part of such a wonderful trip with you and your daughter! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our concierge team and I am sure they will be thrilled hear your feedback. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a boutique style hotel, in the best mid-town position between 5th and 6th avenues. It does not have all the amenities or size of a large international chain, but it is understated and quiet and you look forward to going back to your room after a long day sight seeing. Bed the most comfortable ever. Room on 11th floor absolutely quiet and adequate size by NY standards. Great toiletries supplied and very clean. It all starts with a great front door and front desk team. Triomphe restaurant excellent for a special meal. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MrHarry14

Dear MrHarry14,

I am so pleased to hear that the Iroquois New York was able to help make your NYC trip a success! we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the room and amenities the hotel has to offer, not to mention our prime location. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!