The Iroquois New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$127
US$113
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$155
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$136
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$155
  • Bar/Lounge
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$137
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$188
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
Orbitz.com
US$232
US$171
Travelocity
3,968 results
All reviewstriomphe restaurantsmall luxury hotelnew yorktimes squaremolton brown toiletriesgreat locationhot ciderthe red flame dinerbryant parkquiet streetturn down servicefifth avenuegrand central stationrockefeller centermidtown manhattanhome away from hometwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We had a nearly perfect stay overall--the staff and the room were absolutely great. The room was very clean and attractive, and the shower was incredibly powerful—I could have stayed in there all day!! The beds were very comfortable with nice linens, the bathroom was nicely appointed with luxurious towels and toiletries, and our room was quiet. The location is outstanding—very close to Times Square, the Theater District, etc.

The only issue we had was when we went to check out, the woman at the desk said that we had two charges from the minibar (water and a Coke) and one charge for a toll-free call from the room. I said that we did not consume anything from the minibar and that the call was one that she offered to place for me for tech support for the WIfi in the room when she called up to our room to see if it was working again (we had reported the problem that arose at the end of our stay, and one of the staff came up to see about it--since it was still unresolved, the front desk offered to place a call to the toll-free number for the ISP, and I accepted the offer). At checkout, I told the staff member that I never would have used the hotel phone for this if I thought I would have to pay for the call (furthermore, why should a guest pay for a call to tech support when the hotel’s internet service is down?), and she nicely said, "OK," and deleted both charges though I wasn't convinced that she felt OK about this--it did not leave me with a very good feeling. Only after checking out did we realize that the hotel had intended to charge us for beverages that we had purchased elsewhere and left on the table with the minibar items. Those that we bought were different sizes than those provided in the room, and the water was a different brand entirely. It seems that they should inventory their own offerings to see if any had been consumed rather than seeing partially empty bottles and deducing that the guests should be charged. These two minor details ended an otherwise wonderful stay on a less than perfect note, but otherwise, we loved the hotel and had no other complaints. We suggest that you keep your food/drinks purchased elsewhere in another place in the room (or ask the hotel staff to remove the minibar offerings entirely) to avoid the appearance of having consumed some of these highly priced items!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anonymousatlanta09
Reviewed 9 March 2009

Took my daughter to NYC for her 16th bday and I couldn't have been happier with this hotel. It is a small hotel but it is beautifully decorated, spotless, comfortable and they have the softest beds ever. The staff was wonderful, they were all very polite and accomodating. There is a diner right next door so you can get afforable breakfast/lunch and a drug store right around the corner. As if all that wasn't enough, the location of this hotel just can't be beat. Within easy walking distance of Bryant Park, Public Library, Rockerfeller Center, Times Square, Broadway, 5th Avenue. I'll be recommending this hotel to all my friends and will stay here again on my next visit to NYC.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank Coker_TX
Reviewed 5 March 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at The Iroquois for our first trip to New York and found it absolutely the wonderful. All the staff were extremely friendly, and it was the small things that really made the difference like the expensive sheets on the bed. When we return we would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jholmear
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Do NOT STAY Here! This is the biggest rip off in NYC!!!!!!! Reservation was cancelled, but they didn't record it. They were happy to charge me anyway and refused to waive fee. With all of the hotels in NYC you can find one that treats clients with common courtesy.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank kellyg122
FOMNewYork, FOM at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2009

Dear Guest:

As is usual in most businesses that are related to reservation, cancellation policies are necessary not only as a way of being fair to both parties but also to maintain an accurate inventory of rooms available for rental, to avoid an overbooked situation that would cause a unpleasant situation to the guest who have made their reservation and plans to stay with us.

We understand that sometimes plans change. In order to be fair to other future guests of our Hotel and to avoid unnecessary charges, we offer a cancellation policy that it is clearly indicated on our website, in the confirmation letters that are sent to guests via e-mail or fax, and those are also mentioned at the time that a guest is making a reservation via telephone by our reservation agent. All reservations are guaranteed after the cancellation notification date.

Reservation (except for Pre-pay reservations) can be canceled either via email or telephone; a cancellation number is generated and is given simultaneously to the guest for his/her own record.

If this was your situation and you cancelled your reservation within the grace period, we offer our sincere apologies for our mistake and kindly ask you to please contact us as soon as possible with your cancelation number that we will correct the error immediately.

Cordially,

Zoraida D'Alessandro
Director of Front Office

Reviewed 4 March 2009

My husband surprised me with a trip to New York as a birthday treat so I didn't having any input into choosing the hotel -but he did an amazing job in choosing The Iriquois! From the moment we arrived we were made to feel like welcome guests. Every member of staff from the doorman to the housekeeper was more than pleasant. We had a executive king room which was very spacious and had all the amenities you could want, including the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. We were also given a direct dial number for the telephone which was really useful for keeping in contact with home. We did not have breakfast in the hotel but used the Red Flame Diner a few doors down where we got ample supplies of pancakes, syrup and coffee!
For us, the hotel could not be in a better location (between Fifth and Sixth Avenue). It is only a few minutes from Rockerfeller Centre, Radio City and St. Patrick's Cathedral. We were able to stroll along Fifth Avenue right up to Central Park (by the way would highly recommend the Boat House restaurant in the Park). We flew into Newark and the USA Coach Express left us at Bryant Park, just two streets from the hotel.
The hotel has a computer just off the lobby with internet access. This was really useful for us to check on our flight times, location of shops, etc.
In summary I would highly recommend The Iroquois as a small luxury hotel and look forward to returning some day. We has the perfect romantic break!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple