“Exceptional Experience”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #44 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Stayed here for one night July 5th. The Iroquois is a lovely small hotel, gorgeous atmosphere, with the most attentive staff I have ever experienced in any hotel. I highly recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in the Midtown area, as the hotel is literally within sight of Times Square and a short walk to Rockefeller Center.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zirrah

Reviewed 9 July 2009

The iroquois is a very nice place to stay - we enjoyed this place. It is very close to Times Square and all the activitites - though still pretty quiet in the room. We slept soundly every night in a king size bed. The bathroom was nicely decorated and functional. The room was smallish with no real view to speak of. The service for ice always was brought quickly - we asked for a small bar fridge and used that to cool fruit and water. Trivial quibblings - two slower elevators - though we rarely waited long and a small closet. Great coffee and iced tea free in the lobby. The staff was always pleasant and helpful. We did not eat in the hotel. The first day here we bought a hop on, hop off 48 hour bus pass which worked well for us - we used the downtown and up town tours to get around on the longer routes. The busses come often - we never seemed to be waiting. We are avid walkers and walked most everywhere from the hotel, from Macy's to Sak's to Sardi's, to our play and around Times Square in the evening hunting for a place to eat. I walked out of a well known chain restaurant in Times Square because food and drink prices were not provided in the menu - we noticed this a couple of times - though smaller places seem to be more sensible. Central Park was a bit far to walk - we took the hop on/off and rented bikes for the park - this was a nice 1/2 day outing.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank krpott
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I stay at this hotel often, perhaps five or six times a year. I had tried maybe six or seven other hotels in mid-town before I found this one. I travel a lot with work and this hotel has a very pleasant, friendly atmosphere and the rooms are very comfortable. The wireless internet has improved to the point where it is now seamless and the restaurant is exceptional. The manager Zoraida and the staff are what makes this place special.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank JohnfromDublin
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We visit New York at least once a year and sometimes twice. We have stayed at a different property every time. We have always been from a little to a lot disappointed. Not this time. From the moment of our arrival to the time of departure we could not ask for more. Pleasant helpful staff that really made you feelat home. Well appointed room and bath Top notch onsite restaurant and fitness center. We did not see a refrigerator in the room and mentioned it to the Bellman. In minutes one was delivered to our room at no charge. Great central location. Nice street with hotels and private clubs. We parked the car and walked everywhere we wanted to go. We were at the cozy bar on our last night and I guess Nina summed it up by saying,"I think we found our spot in New York"; A little Gem in The Big Apple!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OCFranco
Reviewed 1 July 2009

If you want to stay in a hotel that offers customer service, a clean, beautiful atmosphere, this would be the place for you. The staff could not have been more attentive and happy. Yes, happy! The location is within walking distance of Times Square, Central Park and great shopping. The complimentary coffee in the lobbey is delicious and the Library is a nice added touch. Warning-The diner next door called The Red Flame is horrible.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank LindaSWis
Reviewed 1 July 2009

Service was extra-ordinary at this hotel and we would highly recommend it. We stayed in a street view room with a king bed that was very clean and pleasant. Although there were some signs of "tiredness" in the furniture, it was still lovely.

Tip:If you wish to use the sauna - extra reminders are necessary.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KWSNewYork
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Booked a room with two double beds for four nights from June 26-30, 2009.

The Bad: It's a small hotel but it's a great place nonetheless. Rooms were clean but the hotel and room shows its age. Rough spots in the arm chair and corners of walls. Hotel elevator is terribly slow and there are only two. Bathroom and bedroom was small but that's expected in most New York hotels. I had a rough experience with the check in staff. The lady who checked me in was clearly foreign so I had trouble understanding her. After a long trip to New York I wasn't very patient. Rooms are dimly lit--only lamps no ceiling lights. There aren't enough outlets here especially when you have electronics like a laptop, cellphone, ipod etc.

The Good: The price is reasonable for New York. Maid service was good in cleaning and provided fresh towels every day. For kids, the hotel has a bunch of DVDs for rent that you can use in the DVD player they provide. Free wireless internet was wonderful and fast. There was a computer and printer in the small hotel library which was good for printing out boarding passes. The bell hop and desk staff were generally friendly except the lady mentioned above. The beds were very comfortable as were the sheets. I had a 6:30 pm flight but there is a luggage storage room that the hotel provides which was very helpful because they have a 12pm check out time. The halls are nice and quiet at night and during the day making it a perfect place to relax after a long day in the city.

The location is very good. Close to Times Square, 5th Avenue, Bryant Park and the New York Public Library and Rockefeller Center. The B,D,F,V train is close by at 42nd street and 6th Avenue. If you want a cab, it's reasonable going from 44th street to anywhere. I went to the Upper East Side at 96th street for under $10 and the same when I went to Greenwich Village.

I did not try the hotel's restaurant, Triomphe, or room service. From my walks around the area I didn't find a lot of restaurants. There isn't as many as in Greenwich Village or the Upper West Side, so count on leaving the area for lunch or dinner.

I would come back to the Iroquois for my next trip. Reasonable price. Clean and comfortable room. What more could you ask for in a New York hotel? It's good for families.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family