“Wish I could have brought the bed and pillows home with me!”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #38 of 467 Hotels in New York City
cold zone
“Wish I could have brought the bed and pillows home with me!”
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Great stay. I loved the mattress and pillows...If they only would have fit in my suitcase :)They were truly missed when I got back home. What brand are they?

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank niceocean
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Desk Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 3 February 2010
We get many compliments on our beds, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. All beds on our property are Simmons Beautyrest.

We hope to provide you more restful nights in the future!

Caroline Lakin
Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 19 January 2010

My spouse and I travel to New York City every year to relax after the caos of yet another holiday season. For the past for years we have stayed at The Iroquois Hotel on 44th St. between 5th and 6th Avenue. Over those 4 years I have been introduced to the General Manager,Mr. Scott Geres, and have explained to him our situation about traveling to NYC to relax and enjoying the many fine dining establishments for our own personal research. Whether it is a hotel policy or simply the recognition from Mr. Geres that we return yearly, the Iroquois' detail to attention and customer satisfaction far exceed any other experience we've had in New York. From many great recommendations of where to eat, shop, sights to see or the latest touch, a series of cookbooks found in our room upon arrival showcasing some of NYC finest chefs, it shows Mr. Geres and the staff at The Iroquois, pays attention to its clientelle. Once again The Iroqouis Hotel delivered the experience my spouse and I so desire and will continue to visit again next year. Respectfully, Mr. Andrew Ottati

3 Thank Suzy96
Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Stayed 3 nights. Had requested late arrival and was greeted warmly by name at 1:30 AM. The room, on the 11th floor was small, probably under 150 square feet. But the room was superb: the bed, linens, the decor all elegant, understated, and gracious. Ipod dock in the room, free wi-fi, door hung NY Times were all small touches that just put the place over the top for us. Very friendly staff. Great location: Times Square, Rock Center, Broadway, and Grand Central were all within easy walking distance. Ploenty of high end restaurants and bars within a block; there's a decent Greek diner 3 doors up (The Red Flame) for comfort food breakfast in AM. We got the room on reward points, so it had no view and I know we were in one of the smaller rooms. But hey, if you're going to New York to hang out in your room, something's wrong anyway. Would absolutely recommend this small luxury hotel to everyone.

4 Thank hamatime
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 January 2010

The Iroquois Hotel was a great place to stay as a business traveler. I have stayed many hotels in New York and the rooms were superior to many I have stayed in a "chain hotels" in New York. I was in room 310, just around the corner from the fitness room and sauna and was nervous, but the noise was fine.

I got in too late for the full room service menu, but the late night sandwich was great. Also, the doormen are very helpful and nice.

My only problem was that the wireless service never worked in the 2 nights I was there. We even tried with the front desk laptop (because I was told it was my computer's problem) and no service. But the rest of the hotel had service. I logged an issue, but it wasn't followed up on the next day. In the end, the hotel compensated me, whish was nice.

Unforutnately, that is why I can't give them a 5 rating.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank sbdeaver
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Incredible location and very comfortable for a hotel in NYC. Friendly service and staff!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank silwie1
Perth, WA
Reviewed 11 January 2010

The rare but ultimate Christmas holiday in NYC was only enhanced by the stay at The Iroquois Hotel. From check in to check out we were treated with respect, friendliness and always attended to. Special thanks and note of appreciation to Nick Mullins, Concierge, for his friendly outlook, attention to details, and his selection of restaurants for the holiday season.

Well done, everyone!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RileyPerth_WA
Dublin
Reviewed 10 January 2010

We stayed in the Iroquois for five nights as part of our honeymoon and we loved every minute of our stay, The staff were very helpful, friendly and courteous. Our room, while small (as most New York hotel rooms are) was extremely comfortable and the furnishings of a very high standard, The frette linens made the bed one of the most comfortable I can honestly say we have ever slept in. The bathroom was pristine and the Molton Brown products which were replenished daily were very luxurious. The hotel was very central but located far enough away from Times Square that you felt removed from the touristy zone. A special word of thanks to the Concierge Nick who was most accommodating when helping us make our dinner reservations. We would return here without any reservation at all and highly recommend it.

4 Thank BmurMlen