“Well worth the money.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Iroquois New York

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Iroquois New York
Ranked #38 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Albuquerque, NM
“Well worth the money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

This is not one of the cheaper hotels in Manhattan, but it was worth every cent. We did do an advance booking and payment and hence saved 25%. Normally, I like to stay higher up in the 50's but I went with my GF who had never been to Manhattan and this was a great place to launch our adventures from. A couple minutes from Times Square and the subway. 15 or so from Central Park. Stayed for 3 nights. Front desk and management staff were all great. They even checked (in person) to be sure we had an umbrella on a potentially rainy day. Complimentary NYTimes and shoe shine are a nice touch. We had a Superior room, which was not expansive, but certainly comfortable for two. Bed, linens and pillows all very nice. Large bathroom, but little space to put your toiletries. We were on the 10th floor and it was very quiet. We did not have an opportunity to use the fitness center so can not comment on it. Lobby is very nice and inviting. We had cocktails in the small lounge which was nice. We had lunch at The Triomphe one day. A couple burgers and glasses of wine cost almost $60.00, so it is not for the budget minded. Our only complaint was the doorman who we asked to get us a cab upon our departure. He seemed more interested in chatting it up with his friend than tending to us. And it was only one of the doorman who was that way. The other (John) was beyond nice and helpful. All in all an incredible stay. Would highly recommend.

3 Thank BLDTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Falkirk, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

We booked this holiday through Expedia and would never go with this company again. Their customer service assistance is non existant.

We arrived in NY on 29 April 2010 and booked into the Iroquois for 4 nights. The hotel is very well situated for either 5th Avenue (come out and turn left) or Times Square (turn right out of hotel). It is also a bit quieter than other city centre hotels - you dont hear the same amount of traffic noise there.

The room was a little small - we had two 'double beds' which were smaller than UK beds so fitting two people in them comfortably was difficult. We ended up sleeping in separate beds just to get a sleep. The problem is that they have too much furniture in a room that size. Not a massive issue but there is no place to keep suitcases etc.

The the beds were extremely comfortable and the bathrobes and Molton Brown toiletries were a nice touch.

The bonus for us was having free wi-fi in the room - you can also use the computer and printer in the library free of charge which is great if you need to print off boarding passes etc.

We ate at the Red Flame diner next to the hotel for breakfast and it was good - fast service and good selection.

We did the bus tours and went to Woodbury Common which is about 1hr away on a bus - it s a massive shopping outlet with a lot of big designer names - got a few bargains there.

Overall had a good time, like the hotel but unfortunately got stuck and an airport hotel for an extra two nights due the latest volcanic ash cloud.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank McCusk
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

fantastic location . Rooms beautiful decor, little on small side. Beds so so comfortable. Noise level minimal considering location. Must must have meal at ajoining restaurant . Highly recommend taster menu with wine , unbelievable!!!!!!!

2 Thank fjkmseca
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2010

You are no more than 20 minutes to any of the tourist hot spots, the location could not have been better. The other added advantage is the fact that the street is relatively quiet compared to some and as such you will get a great quiet nights sleep.

The rooms are cramped, even the exec kingsize felt more like a standard room, but everything was there that you would need.

Staff were friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Cant comment on the food as we ate out all the time, although the dining room didnt really make you want to dine there...small dark and gloomy...this would really be the only criticism of the hotel.

Otherwise it provided a fantastic base for a week long break.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank warobbo
McMinnville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

I made a reservation at The Iroquois for one night, as I was only going to be in New York for a Broadway opening and would be returning home the following day. I arrived at the hotel a bit early, and was told that no rooms were yet available, but they could hold my luggage for me (the wait was expected to be 30-45 minutes). I went into the library to print out boarding passes for the following day. While there, I spoke with two men who were traveling from Scotland and been stuck in New York for several days due to the Icelandic volcano eruption. They informed me that the hotel was full of people who could not leave due to the volcano, and I became a bit concerned that they wouldn't have a room for me. I went back out to the desk to speak with the very polite and courteous receptionist, who told me that they had a room for me. The bellman who accompanied me to my room was also very nice and attentive.

I wasn't aware of it until we arrived at my room, but since the hotel was full they gave me a huge suite complete with living room, dining room, and kitchen. It was beautiful and far more than I'd paid for (my reservation was for a deluxe king room with breakfast included). I was stunned, but obviously quite happy with the turn of events. I thought it very professional that no mention was made of the room switch at the front desk (while other guests were waiting as well). While I have stayed at five star hotels that are much more plush for the same price, I think the nightly rate is comparable for a good location in New York. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from Times Square and all the theaters on Broadway. I was so close that I was able to walk to both dinner and the event (in heels) without paying a cab fare. That alone is worth a lot in my opinion. The bed was also wonderfully comfortable, and I appreciated the iPhone dock in the bedroom for charging my phone. The following day, my breakfast was delivered promptly at 7:00am as requested, and the bellman arranged for a flat-fee town car to take me to the airport (during rush hour). Everything from check-in to check-out went very smoothly, and all of the employees I encountered were extremely courteous. Customer service is the number one reason I will return to The Iroquois. I only hope to be able to stay longer next time!

I am truly appreciative to The Iroquois for the accommodation and kind treatment, and have resolved to stay there again on my next visit to NYC.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank MNinTN
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

This is what we call the perfect Hotel experience. Wonderful location (convenient but quiet), friendly, attentive and helpful staff, spacious room with great bed, terrific shower, windows that open, useful amenities, good storage and plenty of light, effective aircon, and WIFI. The bar is great and the library comfortable. It's a home away from home and the staff make you feel at home from the moment you walk in the door - nothing is too much trouble. The Chef Concierge is a gem. Paul and Gabrielle Gibson.

2 Thank connery007
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

We stayed at the Iroquois for over a week for during a spring getaway. The hotel exceeded expectations at every step. This was our third trip to the Big Apple and each time we have stayed at notable hotels, so we had high expectations, The Iroquois delivered on each one. We had a quiet, secluded room on the 8th floor...an important consideration for Manhattan!

From the luxury bathrobes and Molten Brown bath items to the little freebees like the New York Times and coffee / citrus water, we were made to feel like royalty each day. Our free internet access was excellent, despite what others had noted, so we appreciated the ability to keep our friends and family updated on our trip each night. As with anything in Manhattan, the consideration must be "location, location, location" and the Iroquois was by far the best situated hotel we have stayed in to date. We were able to walk to many locations with ease including Rockefeller Center, Macy's, Grand Central, and even Central Park, saving lots of $$$ in cab fares. West 44th has many hidden gems and we enjoyed the local restaurants and bars located on our street. Very upscale feel.

2 Thank Mat2010