“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Merritt Island, Florida
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2007

I stayed here with my friend (girls weekend). We loved it. The beds were very comfortable with great linens. Our room had a flat screen tv with free HBO and plenty of channels, not to mention a DVD player. There was no view from the window (another building) but we weren't in the room much so that was fine. The bathroom was a nice size as was the oddly shaped closet, great use of space. The service was very good and friendly. My favorite thing about this hotel was the feel of comfort. It was a small luxury hotel but didn't have any false pretenses. The people were friendly, not snooty, and I always felt comfortable there. The room and hotel were very clean, turn down service was wonderful. The air conditioning and heat worked great. I don't havea single complaint. Also, very well situated to everything.

• Liked — Comfortable feeling
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2007

This was my third stay at the Iroquois and each time it just keeps getting better. The rooms are small but impeccable. The beds are luxurious and comfortable. The bathroom is completely marble and CLEAN. The staff is accomodating and friendly. And the resturant is excellent. The central location makes getting around Manhattan easy. Within walking distance of great resturants, shopping and just blocks from Times Square. Great for business travel...but I would stay here for pleasure too.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — elevator
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank CRMPittsburgh
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2007

Last summer, I went to NY with some friends for my third time, and we were very pleased with The Iroquois. The location is excellent, close to Times Square and the Fifth Avenue, but in a quieter street. The lobby is small, ordinary and disappointing, but the rooms, although small, are very comfortable and include a well stocked mini-bar, a DVD player and a big flat screen TV. Bathrooms (which for me are very important) are spacious, clean and luminous. The staff is nice and helpful, and speaks fluent Spanish. There is aslo a small gym that during my stage was empty all the time.

• Liked — Location, hotel overall
  • Disliked — If I have to say sth, the lobby decoration
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
2 Thank FBV
Denver, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2007

This was my second time staying at The Iroquois. Last year my husband and I stayed there for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay so much that I booked a room there when traveling with a girlfriend to NYC for 4 nights. I was pleasantly surprised to see that one of the front desk staff and one of the doormen were still there - a sign of a good hotel when they can keep staff. My husband and I had been upgraded to an executive king for our stay and I have to say that our room, on the back of the hotel, was exceptionally quiet and comfortable. I was alittle worried when I was learned that the classic doubles, which I booked for a girlfriend and me, weren't located in the rear of the hotel and therefore might be noisier. I really had no cause to worry. This time we were on the top floor (12) and while we had little in the way of a view, the room was perfectly comfortable, exceptionally clean, and almost as quiet as the room my husband and I had. The beds are incredibly comfy - the soft linens, terrific pillows, and great mattress - made for some very comfortable sleep! The marble bathroom is a delight even if it is on the small size. The plasma tvs are quite large and of very good quality.
The hotel feels very European, which I prefer, over some of our oversized American hotel chains. While there is no coffee pot in the room, there is free coffee downstairs and continental breakfast (cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice) delivered to your room is very reasonable (there was so much food the two of us could share one breakfast). We also enjoyed having a drink and some small plates in the hotel bar where the staff is friendly and unpretenious.
The location of this hotel is perfect. There are a number of hotels on 44th so cabs are readily available. You can go downtown easily by walking to Fifth Avenue and uptown by walking to 6th Avenue.
Since our daughter lives in NYC I expect to return and plan on staying at The Iroquois again where I feel very welcome and can relax in a calm environment.

3 Thank RockyMountaintravel
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2007

Loved this hotel. Clean, comfortable, attractive rooms. Room was small, like so many in large cities, but not overly so and very comfortable. Loved the 36 inch flat screen TV with DVD player.Could kick back at night and watch my favorite movies. Wonderful staff. Incredible location. Within walking distance of so much. Will definitely stay there again.

2 Thank Baldy50
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2007

We have just returned from 3 nights at the Iroquois Hotel. This is our fourth trip to New York in 6 months and we found this to be the best hotel we’ve stayed at so far. The location is great - near shopping, the museum mile, theatres (Broadway), New York Library and Central Park. In the same block you also have two banks and opposite the hotel a parking garage.

The rooms are cozy and attention has been paid to detail. The beds are soft and all rooms have wireless. It took a minute to figure out the shower, but the bathroom with Molten Brown products is clean and well proportioned.

The staff was more than helpful, providing information on restaurants (and helping with bookings). I would go back here in a heartbeat!

We paid $239 per night for a room with a queen size bed – booked it via the internet. The only thing we found odd is that when our friends tried to book a similar room over the phone – they were given a more expensive room option – no mention of the $239 per night. Our friends phoned back to tell them that they were aware of a room with a queen size bed for $239, and were able to change their booking.

2 Thank Suzara
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2007

Just arrived back from a weekend in New York with my Mum.
The Hotel Iroquois is in a fantastic location 4 mins walk from Times Square allowing you to walk to many destinations easily!.

The hotel staff were pleasant & friendly & we appreciated the nice little touches such as a card with the weather forecast for the next day left on the pillow, chocolates and the turn down service.
We had a classic twin & the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in! The room was very clean & tastefully decorated with a wonderful flat screen TV. After a tiring day it was like coming back to a home from home.
The free internet access in the library & the wonderful coffee in reception in the morning were a plus.

We had a fantastic time & I would definitely stay at The Iroquois next time I am in New York.

• Liked — Comfort & Location
  • Stayed January 2007