“so much to do so little time”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #40 of 468 Hotels in New York City
cornwall
“so much to do so little time”
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We have just returned from 10 days at this hotel, we were in NYC for our honeymoon and the hotel was perfect for us.

The location was amazing... right beween 5th and 6th Ave, a block and a half from Times Square, good location for subways and within walking distance of many of the sights you'll want to see.

We didn't eat in the hotel as it was a bit "posh" for us but the Red Flame Diner which is about 2 minutes away was ideal. Good quality food at a reasonable price considering how close it is to Times Square.

We paid for a "citysights bus tour" from an agent in Times Square ( there are loads of them )which really helped us find our bearings, the $54each is really good value - lasts for 48hrs from purchase and it includes an uptown, a downtown, a brooklyn and a night tour, it also includes free entry to a museum ( can't remember which one ) and a cruise as well. We did all the tours but then used the buses as hop on hop off to see things which were a bit too far to walk.

We would definately recommend The Iroquois and would stay there again if we're ever lucky enough to go back!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vanialre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stayed there on 2 occasions in July and August and it is as wonderful as previous times I have stayed there. My arrival was very late around 11.00pm and when enterting my room the lights were on, soft music playing, bed turned back and slippers waiting. What more could you want at that time of the night! It was like coming home. Staff there are always wonderful - many have been there for years. The location of this Hotel is fabulous - so close to Times Square and great shopping on 5th Ave, was also within walking distance to some of my bsiness appointments and an easy walk to Penn Station to catch the train for further appointments. Highly recommend this Hotel too for ladies travelling on their own as always feel very safe here.
W Dobson - New Zealand

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank wd001
Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My sister and I just got back from our trip, I was so happy I chose this hotel, best location if you want to shop Fifth Ave and take in Time Square. The staff was so nice and helpful, the beds where so comfortable, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank Pattis1744
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Stayed at the hotel 2 nights. - very quiet, very clean, small room -but very comfortable ( didn't come to spend time in the room), very helpful staff - I read many reviews before making a decision on where to stay - it came well recommended and it did not disappoint. Be sure to put this charming small luxury hotel on your list of places to stay in NYC.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lavenderlady089
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This was our honeymoon destination and we couldn't have enjoyed it more. The rooms are small and compact but clean and tidy. They catered for all our needs. The staff were really friendly and helpful. It is 2 blocks one way from times square and 2 blocks the other way from grand central station. All the main attractions are within walking distance or a short bus ride away. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone. A great all rounder.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alliej1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2010

A great little hotel in a fab location. We upgraded to a suite which was superb. The former Executive King (or whatever it was titled) was actually a very small room but New York is famed for small rooms. The beds in both rooms were amazing. Huge and comfortable.
the Staff were very helpful and friendly but the concierge wasn't around as much as we had hoped to advise us on what do - where not to go etc...
We never ate at the hotel as it seemed pricy and set in a rather boring room.
i doubt I’d go back as there is such a choice out there but that's not because of a bad stay... probably good if you are on a work trip and want somewhere reliable to return to.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dontdivedavedive
miami, fl
Reviewed 8 August 2010

As a Gold Guest member, I called ahead of time and spoke to a Gold Guest Ambassador, to make my stay an ideal one. However, when I arrived and mentioned the ambassador's name, no one knew who I was talking about. I travel to NYC once a month and am used to the early check in process and the availablity. The front desk staff were curt, rude, and unaccomodating. They do not understand the concept of "estimated time" and seemed upset that I requested one.
When I finally did receive a room, I was placed directly across from an elevator, which I specifically requested not to be. The air conditioner in the room was broken, so I was immediately moved to another room, right across from the elevator, again. When I mentioned the heat in the new room, I was told this is typical of the rooms, and had to request a portable fan be brought in. Even this did not help the uncomfortable temperature of the room. Nor did the engineer, who did not know how to properly work the air conditioner.
As I was lying in bed, a hotel employee knocked on the door, did not wait for an answer, and proceeded to let himself in.
The fixtures in the shower and lack of ease were a clear indication that this hotel needs to be updated.
There are always great deals for hotels, but I would gladly spend the extra money for a hotel that provides a nice experience. This hotel is not even worth the discounted price, especially when there are much better ones within walking distance. this was definitely a lesson learned.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank delMiami_Fl
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 11 August 2010
I would first like to apologize for the most recent experience you encountered while staying with us. I can assure you that we value everyone of our guests and we do all we can to make sure their stay is as enjoyable as possible. I am most proud of how professional, courteous and friendly our staff members are from top to bottom. I do realize (according to your review) that we fell short in your experience and for that I sincerely apologize. Given another opportunity, I am confident that you will experience what so many of our valued past/current guests have experienced with us and why they consider us "their home away from home". Please feel free to contact me directly if you do decide to give us another opportunity.

Warmest Regards,