“The Iroquois is a gem!”

Ranked #41 of 467 Hotels in New York City
dallas
“The Iroquois is a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2007

This gem is located within walking distance to the theater district, shopping, and subway access. The intimate feel of the welcoming hotel
is refreshing. The emphasis is on customer service and the staff could not be more accommodating. The rooms have the most luxurious bed and bedding. The restaurant and bar are fantastic.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dksDallas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cortland, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2007

This is a gem of a hotel. Excellent service, beautiful rooms, fantastic location and charming dining options. For business, it's spectacular. I can't wait to book my stay with my family for leisure travel.

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2007

My stepmother and I stayed here during the incredible heat wave of early August 2006 to see JK Rowling speak at Radio City. The hotel is in a great location, down the street from Times Square and is a really easy walk to the Music Hall. The food at the adjoining restaraunt was fantastic and offers an early "theater" dinner if you have to eat early. The hotel room itself was just gorgeous, and the decor was really beautiful. We only had one little snag that was mostly our fault: We misread the time that our train departed and had to really hurry out. The hotel employee was unable to get a taxi for us, and after 10 minutes said it would probably faster to walk. Not sure if you've ever run from Times Square to Penn Station in 105 degree humidity, but I wouldn't recommend it and it surely was not faster than a cab. And we missed the train. Oh well. Otherwise, a great stay and I'd definitely go back!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — unable to get us a taxi upon our departure
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexandra7
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2007

Just returned from a 2 day stay in NY and really enjoyed staying at the Iroquois. I liked the location and the room was very nice, clean, and comfortable.
The concierge was very helpful in helping us with our dinner arrangements and making suggestions.
On Sunday evening the hotel bar is closed, which was a little disapointing since we were looking forward to one of the flavoured martinis advertised in the elevator. Oh well, no big deal, we went elsewhere...
I would totally recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank edan
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2007

When my boss shorted me a night at the Sofitel next door (surprise, you don't have a room for tonight!), I to the Iroquois and was able to book a room for that same evening... what started out as very stressful day ended up to be a lovely surprise! I was upgraded to a suite (for the same price as a regular room) and was treated to a comfortable living room (didn't really get to enjoy it though, for the one night I was there) and a spacious & beautiful bedroom/bath. The king-size bed was very comfortable and the flat screen TV, fancy alarm clock (wish I had time to figure that thing out!), jacuzzi tub were the perfect was to end a stress-filled work week away from home. The only downside was the icky, teeny tiny shower - I felt like I was in a vertical coffin, and couldn't wait to get out of there! Overall, it was a great experience & I couldn't have been happier with the staff and treatment.

• Stayed April 2007
2 Thank pixiecat
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2007

I planned on a one-night stay for business but ended up staying for four because the ice-storm cancelled my flight. What started as a disaster ended up being a pleasant weekend in NYC, largely due to the quality and service at this hotel.

Knowing that I was going to pay $300+ for any decent room in midtown I wanted to try something new and perhaps better than the usual W, Hyatt, Waldorf and other hotels in the 300-400 range. Based on reviews here on Trip Advisor I decided to take a chance...I was not dissapointed. The reviews are quite accurate.

Excellent for adults looking for a quiet yet conveniently located hotel. The rooms (I had two similar ones) are spacious by NYC standards with a chair+ottoman, full size dresser and smallish desk with chair. Well-laid out. Bathroom amenities (Molton Brown, my favorite) and fixtures (compact Ritz Carlton style) were superb. Plasma TV, windows that actually open, frette linens, comfortable bed (almost Ritz-like), mini-bar, etc. Only thing missing is a coffee maker; I hope someone from the Iroquois is reading this.

Staff was quite accommodating to all of us stranded travelers. They kept the same rate through the weekend despite typically higher charges. They had the uncommon ability to know when to help and when to leave you alone. I especially like the hot cider at the front desk in the evening...it took the bite out of the ice storm. Loved the library off the lobby, perfect antidote for small NYC rooms.

I spent the weekend watching the St. Patty's parade (started in front of the hotel) and shopping. It is convenient to the men's stores on Madison. Didn't get a show in but this is a perfect close yet quiet location.

I will never stay at another NYC hotel again. This is my new home away from home.

Stayed March 2007
3 Thank PittDoc
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2007

The Iroquois is one of those finds that you almost want to keep to yourself, but we couldn’t help ourselves: My husband and I came back from our trip to New York telling everyone, “We stayed at the most wonderful place!”

Just a few weeks ago, I, too, was scrolling through these reviews, wondering if they might be too good to be true. Believe me, this hotel is superb.

I was attracted by the Frette linens and robes; my husband liked that a 24-hour fitness center was available, and that discounted parking was right across the street. The amenities are luxurious, the bed and bedding the most comfortable we’ve ever slept in. But it was the friendly, attentive service that made us feel so welcome and pampered.

We were warmly greeted by every person we encountered.

The front desk upgraded our room upon arrival, not knowing that we were celebrating our anniversary. When the manager discovered it was so, he sent wine and chocolates and a lovely greeting to our room. And he remembered us and the occasion for our visit at check-out.

Those were very nice touches in addition to other details we appreciated -- the chocolates and weather card at turn down; the complimentary coffee and the Times in the morning; having a CD player in the room. It all added up to a lovely, singular experience for us. Believe me, we’ll be back!

• Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple