“Just right!”

Ranked #41 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Just right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

My daughter and I chose The Iroquois due to the fact it was close to great shopping and within walking distance to the theatre district. Also, it was more reasonably priced than many others we reviewed.
It was just perfect for us. The room was small, yet it was extremely clean with fabulous bed linens and a great bathroom. It was very quiet and the staff was most helpful.
Without question, we will stay here again! For a quaint, simply understated hotel in a great location, you should consider The Iroquois.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 3 December 2010
Thank you for your review about your experience at the Iroquois. We strive to make the Iroquois a "home away from home", and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. It would definitely be our pleasure to welcome you back at anytime. Thank you again. Sincereley, Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hartsdale, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

We did an overnight here for Valentine's Day weekend and had dinner at Triomphe downstairs. The block has some great restaurants, so we had a wonderful lunch, then went upstairs to an inordinately dark, awkwardly shaped & furnished, musty room . . . even for New York City. The marble bathroom was nice and well-appointed and the bed comfortable, but it made me a little crazy to even stay in the room.

The lobby is beautiful, but venturing upstairs was an experience in and of itself, nevermind the room once we got there. We tried to work out in the gym the next morning, but it is literally a closet and consisted almost entirely of the sauna and a few Swiss balls and free weights. Dinner at Triomphe was amazing. I highly recommend and will definitely go back, just don't bother going upstairs.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 2 December 2010
I would first like to apologize and thank you for taking the time to review our property of your most recent stay with us. I understand by your review that you had a couple of issues with the size of our fitness center and room which didn't meet your expectations.
Our fitness center, although limited in space, is well equipped with a couple of treadmills, elliptical machine, stationary bike, free weights and sauna. As you may already know, space in NYC is at a premium and we do our best to maximize our space. As far as our guest rooms, you're probably looking for a larger room with more light, in which case, I would recommend our Deluxe or Executive rooms on a higher floor.
I would welcome the chance to discuss your recent experience in detail and what we could do to enhance your future stay (if given the opportunity).

Warmest Regards,
Antonio Alfama
Director of Front Office
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

This word best describes our stay at this hotel, from the moment we stepped out of our car to our all too soon checkout. The staff is always available should you need any help or information. The icing on the cake was Thanksgiving dinner at the Triomphe Restaurant that was completely over the top. I guess you already know that we will be staying here again on our next visit to New York. Thanks for a great vacation experience.

1 Thank LenK218
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your "excellent" experience at the Iroquois. We are particularly happy to know you enjoyed yourself at Triomphe, which we strive to make extra special on holidays. I will be sure to share your kind words with both the Iroquois and Triomphe staff. We look forward to welcoming you back! -Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights for Thanksgiving weekend and enjoyed our stay. We didn't require a full service, lavish hotel as we want to spend time out in the city. Iroquois (booked via Expedia) fit the bill as a is nicely styled hotel in a fabulous location.

Pros:
- Comfortable room (but small, usual for NYC) with modern amenities
- Comfortable bed and sheets
- Restaurant was very good for dinner (but quiet and uncrowded)
- Convenient - blocks to major subway lines to easily get uptown or downtown
- Blocks to Times Square, Rockefeller Center and other major mid town attractions
- Helpful staff

Drawbacks:
- Avoid room 304 as it is next to the fitness center; we were awakened around 4 or 5 in the morning by pounding on the treadmill and subsequent rattling from a loosened air vent
- No lobby bar or much of a lobby (go next door to Algonquin Hotel Oak Room or across street to Royalton)
-Lobby music - bad, bad, bad!
- Brass appointed bathroom - hello 80s!

1 Thank mitchellkp
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Good morning Foodie and Winie,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts on your recent stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our location great. I will certainly look into the placement of the treadmill that affected room 304. I am sure this is something we can address and I do apologize for this inconvenience. We are in the process of opening an additional bar area for great cocktails so please check back with us in a few months....it will be a great experience. Please contact me personally for your future NYC visits and I will assist with assigning a great room away from the GYM. my email address is rholmes@iroquoisny.com
Thank you and have a safe and happy holiday season.

Robert Holmes
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

This is a dignified older property on "Club Row", and enough has been written about its good features. We liked its ideal location, refreshing non-trendiness, and reasonably-sized queen room. But what I want to praise is the staff. When we got into our room (on November 21), we found it too hot for us, and called the front desk. Eva explained that the HVAC system is somewhat antiquated and does not allow for individual room thermostat control on our particular floor. She offered to see what engineering could do, and when that wasn't enough, she personally escorted us on a tour of two other available rooms, and even helped us move to one of them, before we finally decided to go back to our original room (we're not usually so difficult). The room cooled down a bit and was just fine. Then, the morning we were supposed to check out we woke up sick and unable to travel, and Eva was again very helpful in extending our stay and brought us up some hot herb tea. The housekeeper that morning (November 23, Room 605) was also very kind and solicitous - she quickly did what needed to be done for our room and made sure we had all necessary supplies. We felt better the next morning, and were efficiently checked out and put in a cab. We like this part of town and this kind of property (small, quiet, understated), and appreciate the kindnesses extended to us.

2 Thank museumgoer
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 29 November 2010
Good morning Museumgoer,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am truly pleased to hear of your impression of our staff. We strive to exceed each guest's expectations and I am truly pleased to hear of your interaction with Iva our front desk agent and Lanni our room attendant. I have personally spoken with them and thanked them for their efforts and shared your kind words. It is feedback like this that motivates us to continue to strive to exceed all guest's expectations.
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to your return visit to the Iroquois Hotel.
Robert Holmes
General Manger
rholmes@iroquoisny.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

This hotel is really a hidden gem. The location is close to everything and the staff/ concierge are first class and very attentive. Some may consider the room small, but it was cozy, comfortable and elegant by my standards. My room was kept immaculate during my stay; after a day of shopping and sightseeing, it was comforting to come back to a clean and orderly room. The beds are heavenly; I wish my bed and pillows at home were as comfortable. It is very quiet here, which is great after a day of sensory overload. When I return to NYC, this will be the place I stay. Two blocks from Times Square, close to the subway, restaurants, shopping...this is where you want to be.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

When I travel to New York City I chose a smaller boutique-style hotel in this general part of the city and in this price range. Overall The Iroquois was a good experience. The staff were very friendly, polite and helpful without being intrusive. The hotel was immaculate, the beds were very comfortable, the rooms are well appointed and tastefully decorated and the location was excellent. The exercise room was more than adequate. We did not have a chance to try the hotel's restaurant Triomphe.

The only drawback is that our room , compared to other similiar hotels I've stayed at in the city, was quite small. Otherwise a very good boutique style hotel.

• Stayed November 2010
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 22 November 2010
Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed all of what the Iroquois has to offer with our room amenities, location, and fitness center. (Next time I highly encourage you to try our acclaimed Triomphe restaurant- I'm sure you'll love it just the same).
In regards to the size of your room, please do not hesitate contacting me directly when you decide to stay with us again. I will be happy to personally take care of your needs during your next stay. Thank you and we'll look forward to welcoming you back. -Caroline Lakin Front Desk Manager