“The First Blizzard of 2010 and We were cozy at The Iroquis”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #40 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I Booked a Night at the Iroquis for the evening of Dec. 26th. Which was the night of the first big blizzard of the 2010-2011 winter. The Accomodations could have not been better. First off we were greeted by Timmy the doorman who took all our bags. Parking was a snap as there is a garage across the street. We were in walking distance to Times square and Toys r Us which was perfect for the children. The Hotel staff was pleasant and accomodating. We stayed in the Presidential suite with an adjoining room as we have 3 small children. There was a total of 3 tvs with 3 dvd players so we were all able to watch what we wanted with out fighting. There is also a wonderful selection of dvds for loan at the front desk. We felt completely warm and cozy on such a snowy cold night in New York. In the morning we awoke to a complimentary news paper outside our door. The in room snacks and mini bar was perfect for satisfying bed time snacks for the kids and us adults. Upon checkout we were greted by a Gentleman Named Robert Holmes Who Stated he was the hotel manager and asked us if we had enjoyed our stay, and I was pleased to say, yes sir we sure did. All in all The hotel and all of its staff, even down to the woman who came to turn the beds down at night were completely friendly and accomodating. In all the hotel was clean the beds were comfortable the staff was friendly. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel as I will be booking here on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review. I am extremely happy to hear you were comfortable during your stay especially because it was during inclement weather. It is our aim to do all possible so our guests are not effected by the weather. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our staff, and we'll look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again. Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,929)

Reviewed 12 January 2011

The Iroquois hotel not only looks great it is a great place to stay. The staff is amazing and really goes above and beyond the call of duty. Every staff member you see says hello. Recently when I was staying at the hotel, one of my favorite shows The Game was premiering after a two year break,but unfortunately the hotel does not carry the channel BET. So I asked Caroline at the front desk if there was any way to view this channel to see the premier. Caroline advised that she would see what she could do and check with the staff to see if any could DVR the show and provide me with a copy. So the show premier Tuesday at 10pm and Wednesday morning when I woke up under my door was a copy of the premier. This staff is great! Thank you Caroline and Alex for all your efforts!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2011

It was my pleasure. Once I saw how important the show was for you, I knew we had to do something! I am very glad it worked out, and it has been a pleasure having you and your Syracuse colleagues stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, and we hope to welcome you back! Take care, Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 10 January 2011

Everything about our pre-Christmas visit to the Iroquois was terrific. The resourceful bellman stopped traffic on W 44th Street so I could back up and use a nearby garage - saving a time-consuming trip around the block. The Concierge has great recommendations for lunch and dinner spots. Our room was decent size, clean and very well maintained. It faced a back alley with a tiny bit of heating system noise, but preferable to the street noise which can be annoying in any big city. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Iroquois and for your detailed review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and I will be sure to express your gratitude to our bellmen, concierge, and housekeeping staffs. We are always happy to share in the holidays and we look forward to welcoming you back! -Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2011

Second time staying here for Christmas shopping weekend in New York. Our room was a little more cramped than I remember and the lift seemed slower than before, but I do love the hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and the location is absolutely ideal. The plusses are the great staff, lovely cocktail bar and delicious and perfect Eggs Benedict in the restaurant; the negatives are the slightly cramped library (only has seating for around four people), the cocktail bar was closed on Sunday night and the two lifts are really slow. I would however still recommend this as a great little boutique hotel in a perfect location.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and for staying once again with us. I am very excited to hear the positive feedback about your breakfast experience since we just introduced our new "Power Breakfast" menu which highlights freshly squeezed orange juice to order, House made jelly, compound butter, flavored cream cheese, and complimentary Amuse Bouche. Lastly, in regards to your elevator observations, I am pleased to announce we will be making system updates this season to improve the speed of our elevators. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back shortly. - Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 6 January 2011

The Iroquois was great and really helped to make our holiday a memorable occasion for us! Perfect location in the theatre district for midtown and downtown, very friendly and helpful staff (the conceige, Alan, was brilliant and so helpful!), all the basics needed for a room only stay, clean and comfortable!
The only missing thing......a very minor aspect......was coffee or tea making facilities in the rooms....a mini-bar is great, but nothing beats a good cup of coffee or tea when you want it!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your most recent stay with us. I will be sure to share with Alan and the rest of our staff your encouragement. I and the rest of our management have taken note of your suggestion and appreciate the input. Please know at this time we offer complimentary coffee in our lobby from 7am to noon and our popular hot apple cider throughout the afternoon into the evenings. We also offer room service with coffee, cappuccino and many varieties of tea available for delivery 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Thank you again for staying with us and we were glad to be apart of your holidays!

Reviewed 3 January 2011

The hotel was situated perfectly between Times Square and Grand Central Terminal. The staff was incredibly accomodating and friendly. The room was immaculate - from linens to bathroom and fixtures, albeit small (it's New York!) and looking out into a brick wall (it's New York!!). My wife and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with this trip and The Iroquois was the perfect setting for our celebration. We are already planning our return trip - and the Iroquois will be our hotel of choice again.

1  Thank dtkuhn2
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Wow! Thank you for your flattering comments, and I will most definitely share your words with our staff. We are always happy to be apart of special occasions such as your twentieth anniversary, and we look forward to helping you celebrate many more occasions to come! Thank you again, Caroline Lakin Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2010

We stayed at the Iroquois for a week from the 11th December. It was lovely!! A boutique style hotel, small enough to make it feel more personal but big enough to have all the necessary ammenities.

It's location is also ideal, centrally located to Times Square and 5th Avenue as well as all the other main attractions and shops!! It was our first time in NY and we were really pleased and relieved to find we could walk everywhere from the hotel, only catching the subway down to Battery Park to catch the boat to see the Statue of Liberty, and the subway was in walking distance too!

Our room was a de lux room, as we wanted a little extra space, and it was perfect. The bed was really comfortable and we had TV, DVD player, ironing board, hair dryer etc! Lovely complimentary toiletries too!

It was very clean, no complaints at all. There was a turn down service each evening with a chocolate to come back to.

The staff were all really friendly and helpful and the concierge booked us a return limo back to the airport which was really useful, as the cost included all tolls, flat rate and tips.

No complaints at all for cleanliness, location and friendliness - a lovely little gem of a hotel nestled right in the centre for access but enough away to make it quiet!

Most of all.....the hot non alcoholic apple cider that you could help yourself to on your return to the hotel was absolutley lovely!! You could also have a coffee to take with you on your way out of the hotel in the morning. Both of which was a really nice touch. The apple cider is a must though!

Would definately recommend this hotel to anyone, it's not one of the cheapest, but NY isn't cheap, and they're not massive rooms, but again they're not in NY anyway! Really lovely!

2  Thank Stripeymule

I am very pleased with your thorough review, and I thank you for taking the time to write it. It is apparent that you noticed the small details we pay attention to everyday. Satisfied guests like you motivate our front office and housekeeping staffs to sustain our quality of service. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back with a mug of hot apple cider when you return to New York!
Take care,