Heritage Hotel New York City
US$503
US$365
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$228
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$220
US$189
  • Bar/Lounge
Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$492
US$275
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
US$187
US$157
  • Room Service
All reviewsflatiron buildingcomfort innmadison square parkthe flat iron buildinggreat locationnew yorkchelsea areaaround the cornershake shackfamily roomfree breakfasttwin bedsbagelstiny bathroomwould stay here againtimes squarenice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Excellent location, close to restaurants, subway
Clean net rooms, exceptional staff, great breakfast
Free Wi-Fi
Would stay here again and I recommend this hotel, good for families too.
Comfy beds, hot shower

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 497susanc01
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Let me start by saying that over the years I've used TripAdvisor reviews,opinions,maps etc. and enjoyed the places I've stayed,sites visited and numerous nuggets in locations like Paris, Morocco, Seville, Tangiers, Provence, Big Sur etc. but have neglected to write back.
Recently spent 5 days in NYC travelling from NorCal specifically Napa, CA meeting family visiting from elsewhere....and decided to give back.
First, from JFK to your hotel in Manhattan let me suggest Supershuttle shared vans. $20.00 plus a tip gets you right to your doorstep. The NY subway is GREAT (a/c trains,not stations) but NOT with luggage,at $2.50 a ride use it everywhere once you're in. Had to meet family and a party in
Hoboken (New Jersey) for the World Cup final (Germany v. Argentina 1-0 in a great game) and
the PATH train to NJ (NY subway doesnt go) was 3 blocks away from the hotel! There (and back after) in a flash.
By the way, the water from the faucet in NY is delicious! Refilled my water bottle umpteen times. The elevator is tight but being on the 9th floor (room 904) with a view of the Empire State
Building it was a good thing after walking miles everyday and night. Breakfast in the mornings
was OK to get you off. Lots to eat and drink all around for any budget you please. Pizza by the
slice at 2 Brothers down the block for a dollar late at night....nice and cheesy too!
The Chelsea Comfort Inn is steps away from Madison Square Park (Shake Shack mmmm
burgers and shakes), great people watching and a good place to plan,Eataly is a fun, fine Italian market, produce and food eat-in, Eisenberg's Sandwich
spot, Flatiron building, short walk to the superb albeit touristy Hi-Line park....superb landscaping
and views. The 40-40 Sports Club (Jay Z and partners) is on the corner 25th/Broadway and a good sports bar. Went to see Derek Jeter and the MLB AllStar game, poor crowd, nonchalant service, but was told the focus is NFL and NBA ....
Walk friendly, people nice enough with directions etc, even telling me how best to maximize use of my new camera. Chelsea, considered mid-Manhattan is close via subway to uptown to Central park, all the Museums, Times Square, Harlem and downtown to the FI-Di (Wall ST, 9/11
Memorial recently opened and very worth it). .........take the ferry to Statue Liberty and Ellis
Island....eat at Noodletown NY in Chinatown, Ruchi's Indian near 9/11 site, good and half price at
lunch...what,yes true and good too...
I could go on.....but go there yourself and see why NYC is my new favorite city in the world!!!

Room Tip: Top floors, facing the Empire State Building, specifically room 904!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Gareth V
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Room 206: The room was small (approx 12' x 20') yet presentable. Beds, room and service were great. However because this was a smoking room, carpet felt strange beneath naked feet. The window had little light coming from the tiny courtyard-like space. Front desk service was great when room cards needed reprogramming. Free breakfast consisted of orange and apple juices, coffee and tea, cereal, bread, muffins, Danish, waffle maker.
We stayed Wednesday through Sunday. We are non-smokers and stayed in a smoking room due no availability. On Friday evening, we smelled Marijuana in the hallway. Room 206 is surrounded by elevators, so the smell came from the nearby room. On Saturday night and Sunday night we could smell cigarettes. I could not sleep properly due to smell. I tried turning on washroom fan and A/C to full blast but to no avail. I did not know that Me, my wife and my young kids would have to deal with second hand smoke...I blame building for poor circulation-- it's old.
The refrigerator in our room did not work. Our room had two twin beds and a small couch (loveseat) that was a pull out but no mattress within. I had registered only 2 of my 3 kids since it's hard to get any hotel that accommodates 2 adult and 3 kids.
This booking was a cost saving measure on my part. We made use of the sofa cushions onto floor and made our extra "bed". The location is superb for a reasonable price. It is walking distance to shops, to subway, Broadway, Penn (NYP) Station, Empire State Building.
Aside from alcoholics nearby and smell of urine on street, and the faint sawing and hammering we heard in our hotel room during our second night at 1 am, it was an ok stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is great location. I thought the bed was comfortable but daughter thought mattress was too springy. Plenty of room for an affordable New York hotel for 4. Room was quiet. Breakfast was fine. Love the waffles. Nice selection especially eggs and sausage.The staff maintained the eggs, sausage and waffles, with only 20-30 minutes left of service. They have two elevators both were slow. Subway stations are at 23th st and also 28th. In no time we were at Times Square, Central Park, Museums, shopping, Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building. The staff was very knowable. The Eataly is around the corner. It is a must to visit. Also try Shake Shack for hamburgers.

Room Tip: Room 1101 is next to elevator but is quiet. Two beds and small sofa
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Location, location, location…This hotel exceeded my expectations. It is safe to say all rooms in this hotel are not created equal. I think we got one of the best rooms. We faced the street directly across from a cathedral and we had a view of the Empire State Building just slightly off to the side – very nice. It may have made a difference that we made our reservations early, stayed four nights and are members of the hotel’s frequent quest program. Having the breakfast buffet is a plus because it is NYC and visitors have lots to do.

We were able to walk to our Broadway play and nearby restaurants. Subways are very close by as well. We took a taxi from LaGuardia airport but I did see that one can take an airport shuttle. We took one other taxi but then used the subway or walked to where we wanted to go. I used to live in the City so I am somewhat familiar with the subway routes but I think an adventurous person could figure out the subway system.

One pleasant surprise was that one well-known food store, Fairway Market, has a location just around the corner from the hotel. It has prepared food in addition to healthy, grocery selections. Note that sometimes it is crowded because I think it is a local favorite. Luckily, right across the street from Fairway is another small store, Sunac fancy food, which also has prepared food and we enjoyed snacks there as well.

Another convenience was a nearby dry cleaner, Digital Cleaners on West 26th St. I had one item, I prepaid and they delivered it to the hotel the next day. (I love New York.)

Staff was great. Regarding the hotel room I expected “okay” and got “very nice.” Note we did have a door to what could be an adjoining room but we didn't hear any noise until the last day and it wasn't a big deal. We’d definitely stay at Comfort Inn Chelsea again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple