The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$232
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
US$444
US$415
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$170
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsupper east sidebemelmans barelevator operatorelevator attendantscentral parktower roomnew yorkmadison avenuehardwood floorsclassic hotelelevator servicepublic areasfour seasonshome away from homeliving roomrooms are comfortablewe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I use to be and old client of this place, i was dreaming to come back, what a mistake i have done.
The only good things is the working class, the maid etc , the management is inexistent, since this hotel , belong to a foreign group china , the bath room a museum piece , aged of 30 year , shower an antique piece, i was surrended by noise , automatic hammer , i was at 1701 , at 1901 , they make a renovation,the open the window, throuhg the stones on my terasse ,a stone of one pound fall in my coffee table , and rebound , i could be kill: guess the answer of the GM a gentlemen named Giiovanni, handsome italien guy , he has organised a saucer team , for the hotell staff and other manager was a polo guy,
we could do nothing is not our problem but the contractor,
after all you have been not hurt, conclusion
i should be at the emergency room to have the rigth to speak about,
This hotel is a shame , good woorking class so badly mismanaged,
this chaine Rosebud bought by China people , dont care about hospitality , they expect only good return, so going on this place you will be hightly disapointed, by the lack of maintenance ,the management blabla, with nothing behind , the lack of honesty when you book the a room , he should be a paradise , for exemple i have book the 1701, and i my arrival they put me on the 1801, one day of struggle, to get the right suite ,never said about the renovation one above and one next to the 1701.The regular Laundry is terrible , fortunately , they have an other one who is excellent. The menu of the room service an other nigtmare , winter meals
, hot pea soup , etc.
Conclusion, i you want survive in your stay avoid this place who is mismanage,nobody but nobody is responsible , your only chance is the working class, terrible false good reputation.
Good luck if you try , but in case watch your insurance accident. I will add i have travelling all around the world , my last was in far east for 3
i have never see such a nasty awfull .place.
jj.aumont 39 chemin des hauts crets geneve switzerland

Room Tip: if you want survive ask nothing to the management do everethings with the working class Who is good and of cours you have to help them to get the best ,that your only chance, Gethte insurance when you book their is not work going on , Higher floors are the best ,
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Aumont75
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is a beautiful and very comfortable hotel. My husband and I spent 5 very active days in NYC, exploring all that the city has to offer. The hotel is located on the Upper East side -- a little more laid back then some parts of Manhattan (Time Square, in particular, comes to mind) -- but still in the midst of the Manhattan activity. We found our room at the hotel to be very comfortable, relaxing and QUIET. We awoke each morning rejuvenated and ready for yet another activity-filled day in the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne W
Giovanni_Beretta, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

I am delighted to hear about your successful trip to New York City and that we were able to provide you comfortable accommodations, allowing you to wake up rejuvenated and ready to face another action-packed day. I speak for the entire hotel when I say; we look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We do a yearly trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary and for the first time we brought our kids with us - they are 4.5 and 1.5 years old. The Carlyle is elegant, refined, and beautiful. We booked a deluxe suite which wasn't available so we were upgraded to a gorgeous premier suite. It was absolutely gorgeous but lacked a second bathroom (one of the reasons we got a suite in the first place) and so we were placed in a cheaper superior suite (and credited the difference).
It's hard to say what we loved the most - the hotel itself is beautiful, the location is absolutely fabulous, and the staff is wonderful. I think the latter edges out the other two, because the staff is really just terrific. Everyone from the bellmen to the front desk staff to the elevator operators to housekeeping was absolutely top notch. I was so impressed that they remembered us, our kids, and our needs from almost the moment we checked in. The suite was spacious for our party of two adults and two children, and everything was decorated so nicely. Beyond all of this, the location was great - quiet and yet close to so much. We had a car with us and even found street parking a few times.
I'd recommend this hotel to couples and families - we always felt welcome and well cared for. We are all trying to think of reasons to return to the Carlyle soon!

Room Tip: A few things to know if you are planning a trip that I would have liked to know going in: 1) if you are booking a suite because you want two bathrooms make sure to note that in the reservation as not all suites have two bathrooms, 2) there is smoking allowed and you may smell it in the hallways but I did not smell it at all in my room and I'm quite sensitive, and 3) don't worry too much about the location of your room (floor, view, etc.) in the hotel as it was very quiet and we were on a low floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ssschgo
Giovanni_Beretta, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to New York. I’m happy we were able to provide you with a wonderful anniversary weekend with the entire family. I have shared your kind comments to our entire staff. I know they will be just as pleased as I am to receive such complimentary words. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Often i go to the jazz bar. Its always great. Even if crowded the know me so they treat me well. Spent 20 k ther just this year! Got a suite and it was nice and suck luxury! Cost me 1000k that night but, did not care. It was worth it .

Room Tip: One bedroom suite the best!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay in the suite and had such fun in the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in Bemelmans Bar.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We recently stayed at The carlyle for 1 night and then returned for 5 nights on a work incentive trip. The room we stayed in on the first night was very small, and the air conditioning was extremely noisy, very small bathroom, with no views other than looking into another building. It was located on the 12th floor. The beds were very comfortable. The second room we had was on the 22nd floor a gorgeous corner room with gorgeous views, large spacious room and spacious bathroom, although shower was over the bath. There are no tea and coffee making facilities, but there is a mini bar with some snacks and alcohol - expensive. Room service cup of tea was $36.00 !!!, we asked for an electric jug and cups to be delivered to our room so that we could make our own tea in the mornings !!! We found that for a hotel of this standard the bathroom amenities were not always replaced and on two occasions we had to phone down for out water which was supposed to be left at turn down, some days we got chocolates other times we didn't. The staff were very helpful, but quite stuffy, especially the white gloved lift attendants. The reception area lacked atmosphere. The hotel is located in the district with all designer shops. There is a small mini mart across the road if you want to buy any snacks. Close to Central Park. I think if we went back we would stay at The Plaza, which is more centrally located and still very elegant and grand but had more atmosphere.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have with views have quieter air conditioning. The cheapest rooms have the noisy airconditioning.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Stoneyridge

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your corner room in the tower but I was extremely disappointed to read about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies as we try to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities, and I am saddened that we failed to do so on this occasion.

We would be honored to discuss these issues with you further if you would prefer – please feel free to reach out directly to myself at 212.570.7187 or via e-mail at giovanni.beretta@rosewoodhotels.com or you may contact our Director of Operations, Massimiliano Puglisi at 212.570.7163 or massimiliano.puglisi@rosewoodhotels.com.