The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$239
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$281
Hotels.com
US$431
US$397
US$444
US$412
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$213
US$171
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$207
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$172
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsupper east sidebemelmans barelevator operatorelevator attendantscentral parktower roomnew yorkmadison avenuehardwood floorsclassic hotelelevator servicepublic areasfour seasonshome away from homeliving roomrooms are comfortablewe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel is well located with a good access the park and shopping area. My wife and I were having a blast last weekend when we had our wedding anniversary there. The staff were friendly and help us out to make our stay the most enjoyable. I will definetly be back

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank PeterGwer
Giovanni_Beretta, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us during such a special time, your wedding anniversary. We are honored that we could be part it and we look forward to back in the not so distant future.

Sincerely yours,
Managing Director

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staying in New York at the Carlyle and couldn't be happier! The rooms are fantastic. Everyone who works there from the housekeeper to the elevator operator we the nicest people. The location is close to the park and in the middle of the best shopping in the world. I can't say enough great things about this hotel. I have not one negative thing to say. Stay here if you can!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 1616 is very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paris c

I speak for the entire staff when I say thank you for staying with us during your recent visit. I agree that we are situated in an ideal location for anyone wishing to be near Central Park and to experience great shopping along Madison Avenue. I hope we will see you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Sincerely yours,
Managing Director

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The location is very nice, and only a few blocks to the 6 train for visiting other parts of the city.

Rooms are nice (bit dated - but more of a style preference for me) and bathroom was very large (2 twin bed room). Elevators are slow and cramped, but you get there.

We booked through Expedia and paid about a 1/3 of the regular rate. If I had to pay the full rate, I would probably go elsewhere. If I got the same rate, I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Twin rooms get a large bathroom. Another member of our party had King room and it was a typical small size for NYC.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LarryJakes
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Great location. Our room was a good size. The entire hotel was clean and well maintained. Be sure and visit the bar. The paintings on the wall are fantastic. The pianist was very entertaining and friendly to the patrons. I have to mention the concierges Waldo and Sarah. They were both a great resource which you need in NYC. Waldo was super friendly and very informative. He was professional but treated us like friends. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: I asked for twin beds but a limited supply
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to New York City. I passed along your kind words to both Waldo and Sarah, who were just as pleased as I was to receive such complimentary comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Carlyle, your ‘home-away-from-home.’

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Please note that i don't normally complain,but this hotel left me compelled to put pen to paper.
We arrived and were greeted by the doorman who was nice enough,then we checked in,which was rather rushed with minimal information provided. We were escorted to our room by a really nice gentleman,but the only thing was he could barely carry our luggage and his English was limited.Out of two keys only one was working which he took and was never replaced, when we asked reception they said we should have asked for another key! Wifi is not free ( $14.95 per day) but is free in he lobby and business room- which was not relayed to us arrival.1st night sleep was atrocious as there road works outside and every time traffic pasted over the section it sounded like thunder- no need to complain as next night barriers had been erected to stop the traffic passing over it(begs the question though why this hadn't been done earlier).Second night looking through menu found a card stating that we're entitled to complimentary breakfast? When we enquired the receptionist apologised and stated this had been for the previous guest (barring in mind that the rooms are turned over twice a day hard to understand why card hard been left there),receptionist was happy to honour the complimentary breakfast for the duration of our stay but then her manger turned up an said no that we had booked with Expedia and were not entitled to it! We mentioned that check in had been poor regarding the info given, to which she stated that this was standard for a five star hotel not to provide free wifi,but totally dismissed the fact level of service given was lacking.She was willing to offer us one days breakfast,we turned up at breakfast and were asked " why are you here",then when escorted to the table we were asked if we were guest of the hotel? On leaving the restaurant we were presented a bill- the manager hadn't relayed that we had been offered a complimentary breakfast, the staff tried to deal issue with reception but they were busy so we were asked to liaise them-no doubt all standard of a five star hotel! All very embarrassing to say the least. Oh yes forgot to say you are given complimentary tea and coffee and muffins, but nowhere other than the lobby or your room to consume it, we found ourselves loitering in the lobby to access the free wifi while drinking our drink(was given the distinct air that this wasn't the done thing).
On checking out we were presented with a bill for the drinks at out complimentary breakfast, buy this time we weren't really surprised at all so we just paid and were glad to leave.
Though this is a beautiful and charming hotel I feel that the staff(middle management and above)may take this for granted, the hotel obviously caters for certain clientele, so if they are going to open up bookings via third parties such as Expedia then they must be will to accept those guest and treat them in the same way, there was a vast difference in service.Having stayed at other five star hotels in a number of cities unfortunately we didn't feel that the same standard of service was extended to us which some what marred our 1st experience of New York. In short by all means Stay here but don't expect any kind of honesty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nsh31073

Please allow me to extend to you my most sincere apologies for the many inconveniences you experienced during your stay, from the rushed check-in process to the confusion regarding breakfast. I have reviewed these issues with the appropriate departments and we are working on steps to prevent this from happening again.

We would be honored to speak with you further regarding your experience. You may ask for my office directly or reach out to our Director of Operations, Massimiliano Puglisi, at 212.570.7163 or massimiliano.puglisi@rosewoodhotels.com.

Warmest regards,