4,297 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Excellent location, close to Times Square and public transport routes. As other reviewers have noted, there are no frills, but it is clean enough and comfortable. It was a bit tricky to find cheap food nearby though, given the proximity to Times Square (I assume you are on a budget if you are considering staying at this hotel).

We did have a slight drama - one morning water started coming through our roof (I think the person above flooded their bathroom). To their credit management fixed us up with another room instantly. We just packed up our stuff and there was another room waiting, no fuss.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LivandZac87
sjpr2006, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best service experience and it is great to read from our guest. We look forward to your return trip to NYC and of course be our guest again

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I'll be honest, I was really worried about this hotel before I got there after reading all the bad reviews!

I was surprised by how good this hotel is! OK, it is dated but it was clean and location is practically on Times Square. I would 100% stay here again! We got this hotel so cheap.

We had 2 double beds, the bathroom was quite small but we had hot water whenever we needed it. You dont get some of the smaller things in this hotel like hairdryer, ice bucket but who cares in NYC?

We spent little time in the room anyway, all we wanted was a clean bed and shower and its exactly what we got!

Rooms were cleaned every other day as other people have said but the staff were more than happy to give us extra towels or toilet roll if we needed it.

Only one bit of advice would be TAKE EAR PLUGS, being on Times Square it is very noisy at night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Cl4r3-S

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments and share some great information with others. We look forward to your return trip to NYC.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is the 2nd time I stay here because its great location. The subway is just in the corner, time square right in the corner too, farmacy, markets, restaurants, everything right there.

I guess this old building should have a rooms restorations. I love location, I hate old bathroom from this hotel, and old furniture.

The hotel owners or the hotel staff must know that they should take advantange of its location to serve better the guests.

Room Tip: Try to get a room oposite to 43st, the noise is so strong that you cant sleep
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sofball23

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Carter.! I was glad to read that your enjoy the location of the hotel. Thank you again and hope to see you soon

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Very basic hotel...neat and clean rooms...nothing fancy. Although i must admit we were a bit concerned reading all the negative reviews prior to our check in...but its not that bad.
And the best part...LOCATION...its right on times square...and a small walk to all major attractions..if you dont mind basic stuff..go for it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank chirag01

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I guess everything this hotel has to offer corresponds to its rating - 1 star. It is terrible: tiny rooms, dirty blankets, no service. The room wasn't cleaned in a week. The only way of how the 'staff' was friendly was by saying "hi" to everyone. And every additional service costs money - from Wi-Fi ($30 per device for 2 days) to leaving the luggage in a locker room after the check-out.
Tip: the higher up the building, the better the rooms are (for the same cost).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eugene L

Thank you for taking the time to describe your recent experience at Hotel Carter. I apologize that the accommodations were not up to standard. Thank you again