4,298 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here in October 2013. The hotel isn't perfect or modern, but it is great value for money, in an excellent location at Times Square, and the staff couldn't be more friendly or helpful! Although the rooms are outdated in decor, the bed was very comfortable and the room was kept lovely and clean. The water was hot and it wasn't too noisy, all you need for a mini sightseeing break in NYC!

Date of stay: October 2013
3  Thank Crayzee07
sjpr2006, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best service experience and it is great to read from our guest. We look forward to your return trip to NYC and of course be our guest again .

Reviewed 27 May 2014

There are two good reasons to stay at Hotel Carter, It´s cheap and it´s in Times Square. The hotel is a bit gloomy and runed down. But if you can manage that, you´ll have a cheap room in a great spot in New York. I´ve had a great time in New York and if my boss don´t raise my salary I´ll stay att Carter next time I´m in New York.

You get what you pay for.

Room tip: I lived on the 5th floor and it was very noisy. Maybe it would have been better to live on the topfloor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank rob0156

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Carter. I was glad to read that your stay was pleasant and met your needs without breaking the budget! Thank you again and hope to see you soon

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here in December 2013 during the X-mas and I must say that Hotel Carter had a major role in making our New York experience,more enjoyable and memorable! The primary reason for shortlisting this property,was the good reviews on internet, regarding it's location and room rates. However,we were still apprehensive about our decision till the time we reached New york.
It was 23rd Dec when we reached when the city was bustling with people who had come from across the globe to celebrate .Reaching the property,we were more amazed than being happy.God,what a prized location this hotel has got..it's just off the main crossing of Times Square!! One can even watch the amazing skyline of NYC and Times Sq from a room window.The location made our experience even better and we could cover many of the tourist attractions just by taking a walk or the tube rail (which is a 2 mins walk from Hotel Carter).
Some of the pros & cons are as below:-

Pros:-
1) The prized location,as said. Times Sq is just next door,so is a Broadway theatre,Madame Tussauds,Rockefeller Centre, Bryant park,Madison Square Garden,lot's of eateries,restaurants etc...Times Sq tube rail stn is at a stone's throw distance.
2) The low room rates. I can bet that no one can give rooms at such a rate being in a location like that of Hotel Carter!
3) Easy,hassle free booking (we did it online from our home country)
4) The rooms were amazingly warm in the chilling winter that we stayed in NYC (it was -10 deg cel on one day)!
5) Saves a lot of time & money on communiting,because of the strategic location.

Cons (if your consider them so)
1) It's an old property,so can't rely on the running tap water for drinking
2) Rooms are not that spacious and well maintained as that of any branded hotel
3) Room Service is just okay (well,we didn't mind it)
4) Doesn't have its own restaurant /eatery.However,tt has a store at it's ground floor for emergency.
It's all about priority and if it's about location,then Hotel Carter is a winner all the way!

Room tip: Choose a room on the higher floors!
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank sourav2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments and share some great information with others. We look forward to your return trip to NYC.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Were to start....

Pro's:
The location
That is all.

Cons;
The television bracket in our room(639) was hanging off the wall and wires were hanging loose with bits off brick from the wall fallin off.
The taps in the bathroon were moving away from the sink and barely worked.
At night, there were alot of bangin noises, a slight drill noise and constant lift noises= NO SLEEP!
The walk in wardrobe was damp. The shower was dirty as was underneath the bed.
They advertize wifi yet when you ask for the password, they let you know its $10 per day to use wifi and it barely works even then.
The person on meet and greet has less personality than a boiled egg and couldnt care less about helping you with any information etc as it is below him to help tourists!

I booked this hotel for two nights at the very last minute and was staying with my son. I found it over all, very scary with a faulty towers feel to it. I certainly would not recommend to anybody and would never look at staying here again. I have no idea how this place has passed any kind of health and safety inspection.

4  Thank Connoramy

Thank you for taking the time to describe your recent experience at Hotel Carter. I apologize that the accommodations were not up to standard. Thank you again

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Amazing location for a base , Times Square / Broadway on the doorstep and Hells Kitchen just a couple of blocks away. Rooms were comfortable (especially the large bed) with plenty of room to get around. Yes, the decor is outdated but don't expect 5* surroundings for a 2* price. This is New York City after all. We would definitely come back here to stay if on a budget. Only gripe I have is that the heating was on whilst it was quite humid outside so the room was a little on the warm side when returning but air con soon sorted that out so we felt no need to complain. Our toilet did get blocked, but was sorted right away whilst we were out. We do wish that the safe was in the room instead of behind reception. All in all a basic room but was as clean as it could be.

Room tip: Room 312 - 5th floor
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank MossyJoAnna
sjpr2006, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay! We are glad that we met your expectations. Warm Regards.