“GREAT HOTEL- GREAT EXPERIENCE!”

IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue Hotel
Ranked #244 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lincolnwood, Illinois, United States
“GREAT HOTEL- GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I arrived at the hotel prior to check in. The front desk was courteous and efficient, offered to check my luggage and to give me a call when my room was ready. not one hour later (I was at the Starbucks the next block over), they called me and let me know that my room was ready. The room was gorgeous, comfortable, very clean, nicely appointed, with a big bathroom, and nice wardrobe closet. The remote for the TV did not work and an engineer arrived less than one minute after I notified the front desk. He replaced the remote and the rest of my stay was a wonderful one. BTW the beds are AMAZING. And the location is just a few blocks from Grand Central Station, with shuttle service to LGA every 30 minutes at a cost of $15. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel, and all those in the Kimpton chain. That is why I became an In Touch member.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bill B, General Manager at IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Olya J,

YAY! Thanks for your awesome review!! We appreciate your loyalty and thanks for being an InTouch member!!!

Keep spreading the Kimpton love!

Bill Babis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tustin, California
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

My friends and I have been to NYC this time of year for several years. We decided to try a new hotel and were pleasantly surprised. The staff was kind and helpful. The rooms are well appointed- great lightening, lots of mirrors and plugs. While rooms in NYC are typically very small, this room was small but well organized for good functionality. In terms of location, it is relatively close to everything if you know your way around. It's a 3 minute walk to Grand Central station and 5 or so to Lord & Taylor. This was a very good choice for our stay and well priced for this time of year in NYC.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Lauren S,

Glad you gave us a try! If you tend to travel a lot, try another Kimpton! I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Safe Travels!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here in a King Room on 12/9 when I arrived from San Diego! The girls at the front desk were so nice and the bed was incredibly comfortable! We enjoyed the bourbon apple cider at wine hour and the snacks in the restaurant bar as well! What a pleasant experience!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vita E
Vita E,

So happy to hear that the girls at the front desk took care of you! Thanks for your great feedback!
We hope to see you back soon!!

Greensboro, Georgia
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Well trained even down to the maids! The rooms were extremely clean. The location is Park Ave. and 38th Street. Close enough to the theatre district to walk everywhere but not in the hustle bustle.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peggy R
Peggy R,

Thanks for the awesome comments regarding our staff, they love to hear positive feedback!
Hopefully we'll be seeing you again and glad you enjoyed your stay!!

Safe Travels,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I'm surprised having looked at a number of previous reviews as my experience could not have been further from what was described...room was very spacious (particularly by NYC standards) with modern, quirky furnishings. I did not observe any issues with regard to cleanliness, other than to say that the room was perfectly clean. The concierge were most helpful in arranging dinner reservations and staff promptly dealt with any requests made.
On arrival, we were given a comolimentary bottle of prosecco and some cake as we were celebrating a special occasion. As we were sightseeing and walking a lot, it was really refreshing to come back into the hotel and have a glass of the fruit infused water that's available at all times for guests in the lobby. Although we did not attend, the complimentary wine evening for guests which is run in the seating area of the lobby is a really nice touch. I really liked this hotel and would recommend it to others.

Stayed February 2013
ROC2013,

Thanks for your great review! Sounds like we were able to make sure your stay was great while you celebrated your special occasion. Hopefully if your travels bring you to NYC we'll be seeing you again!

Sharon, Vermont
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at 70 Park in the past and the basics have remained the same- an older property with small rooms in need of work, going at some discount to the other Kimpton properties in NYC. But not much has happened hers recently--- the common areas are worn, the rugs in the elevators are grimy. Add to that that we were placed in a room on the 3d floor over 38th st which is noisy all night and has early a.m. trash pickup. Not fantastic!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ordinarymind
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the 70 Park Avenue Hotel over the Thanksgiving holiday. I had a pleasant stay at the hotel two years ago. But I was disappointed this time in my room with a king-size bed. The bathroom in Room 1402 had a draft and no vent that we could find. Also, the room was cramped. After a couple of nights, we moved into a bigger room. Although the staff was accommodating about moving us, I was disappointed overall in the hotel. They had closed the restaurant and replaced it with a convenience store-style breakfast offering of fruit, yogurt, etc. In addition, the bar has been downscaled. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Ann, Raleigh, NC

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 1402. The bathroom badly needs repairs because of draft form the window.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnGreentravel
Bill B, General Manager at IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear AnnGreentravel,

We truly appreciate your feedback and apologize for the opportunities you encountered throughout your stay.
Please know that we will pass down all your information to the appropriate departments to ensure it gets fixed and if you do decide to give us another chance, please email our office manager directly at macarena.monros@70parkave.com. We would love to really show you the kimpton experience and regain your loyalty again!