“Beautiful decor”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Baltimore MD
“Beautiful decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is in a great location. It is in walking distance from the Megabus. There is a fruit stand with the most delicious fruit on the corner. They have a gym with a few cardio machines and a multi-exercise weight machine. Each cardio machine had it's own TV. The hotel even provides disposable earphones. The gym has a water cooler.

The room: The bed was absolutely comfortable. I had the best night sleep I've had in months. Some of the rooms have a bathroom with a door. A few of us had a bathroom with a full length mirrored sliding door. There's a lovely big-enough flat screen television with limited channels. But, they do offer a channel with a few exercise videos/stations. The channels offered: meditation, a couple of yoga options (I tried one and loved it), core conditioning, and a believe strength training. It's perfect! They even provide the yoga mat in the wardrobe.

The staff was OK, nothing over the top. Some of my friends and I asked for a 1pm check out and was offered only a 12:30 pm check out. There was a discrepancy with the mini bar, and I was told that someone would be up to do inventory. An hour later, I called again to get an update because no one had followed through as promised. 20 minutes later, a person just came in to replaced the missing items. She never did an inventory.

Kimpton has an afternoon reception in the lobby. To my surprise, the small lobby was full. They not only offered wine, but had vodka cocktails as well.

The hotel was quiet and clean which we all appreciated. They offered fresh fruit (although many were bruised). I've wanted to visit this hotel for awhile and am glad they had availability.

I am a loyalty member which entitled me to raid the mini bar up to $15.00. It also gave me free WiFi. That is something to consider before choosing the Kimpton hotel.

The housekeeper was very pleasant, When there was a fire drill/alarm, the housekeeper joked with me and said I will make sure I save you. That made me smile.

Overall, it is a good hotel. I think the front desk staff could have been a little more flexible with the extra 30 minute check out.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor. It was very quiet. My view was the balcony of an apartment.
Green Features: The front desk was pleasant. I checked in about 30 minutes early. I was grateful they didn't have me sitting around waiting. When we left for our meeting, the doorman, offered one of my friends an umbrella to take.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very friendly hotel just a block or so from Grand Central Station. You can access all subway lines from there and see more of the city inexpensively. Concierge service is great and they are just a couple of blocks from residential neighborhood with great bagel shops and a very authentic Italian restaurant that was lots of fun

Room Tip: Higher floor with views of the Empire State Building
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ed T
BillBabis, General Manager at IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2015
Dear Ed T,

Thank you for the five stars!

We are thrilled you loved our location and the great recommendations from our concierge.
We hope to see you again.

Regards,

Bill B, General Manager
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Full disclosure, I'm a huge Kimpton Hotel fan. I've stayed at The Muse MANY times and I can only rave about it. This is my first time at 70 Park. The hotel is 2 blocks from Grand Central. Very convenient, especially if you are taking the NYC Airporter (cheap, quick, safe, convenient, comfortable). I stayed 4 nights. Plusses = the amenities and comforts were lovely - on par with Kimpton. My room - while small - was fine and larger than some W Hotel rooms I've stayed in NYC. I heard no street noise. Bed was very comfy, room impeccably clean and bathroom was clean, nicely appointed, and large enough. The staff was VERY friendly.
The minuses = the lobby is TINY and it was crowded every time I walked thru it. The elevators are tiny and were always packed, and the elevator floors were dirty every time I used them. The carpet looked very old and dirty. This was my first impression - and not a good one. I MIGHT stay here again if I couldn't get into the Muse, solely because of the location. Otherwise, I would stay at the Muse or another property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank BernardRene
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Grand Central Station is literally just down the block from this lovely hotel. We love to visit NYC for a few days and the Kimpton is a favorite spot. As Kimpton in touch members, we take advantage of their special rates, making this hotel an affordable treat. The view was lacking, an inner wall, but we didn't spend our daytime inside. We enjoy the relaxing wine hour after sightseeing and exploring the city. The rooms are small, typical of NYC, but nicely appointed with comfortable beds. The service personnel are friendly and helpful, and getting around town is easy. We've stayed here twice and expect we will be back.

Green Features: I appreciate that Kimpton pays attention to the impact on the environment.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen M
IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We just spent 3 nights at this hotel. There were 4 of us in a 2 double bed room, so it was a tight squeeze but not horrible. We chose this hotel for its location a block away from family. Everyone who worked at the hotel was very friendly and incredibly helpful. Little details make or break a hotel stay for me and they did not disappoint. We came back to our room late last night (12:30-1:00am) after a boat cruise and realized we left the DND sign on our door. Right when we were talking about it, a hotel employee walked by and said "what can I bring you?" We asked for towels and within 5 minutes he brought them. If we needed a cab, they were right there. If we had a question there was always someone to ask.

They have two water "coolers" right when you come in with a different fruit every day. It's nice to get a refreshing drink after a day of sightseeing.

The hotel is a few blocks from Grand Central Station and walking distance to 5th Avenue, Bryant Park, NYC Library, etc. We had no issues with hearing anybody in other rooms or traffic. If you want a boutique hotel off the main route, 70 Park Ave is a wonderful choice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 3ofusMens
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a brilliantly situated small(ish) hotel. The rooms are excellent, and the service very good. Above all is its location. It is within a walk of everywhere you want to be in New York. The evening wine reception is a great novelty with decent wine being served. I've stayed here in both freezing winter and humid summer, and the rooms are comfortable in both. A comfortable stay is guaranteed. The only complaint I have is their limited ability to cash travellers cheques, but banks are nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel is beautiful, very modern! The staff is so much polite and helpful. The room was amazing, a very large bed, so much space, with a suitable desk and a very good armchair. There was a fridge with different drinks and an excelent bathroom! The location is amazing! You can walk to 5th avenue, central station, Broadway and times square. Near to the hotel, there is a Starbucks, what is so convinient to the breakfast. Very recomended!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fsamp7 .
Dear Fsamp7,

Thank you for the five stars!

We are thrilled you loved our location and our property!

Thank you for mentioning our team as providing great service.

We hope to see you again.

Regards,