The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$192
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$421
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
2,015 results
All reviewsgrand central stationchrysler buildingmurray hilldeluxe studiogreat locationnew yorkwalk in closetsister hotelrooms are hugecomfortable bedby nyc standardsfront desk staffquiet streetcorner roomluxury hotelpark avenuearound the corner
Reviewed 21 November 2011

What I cannot understand is why no one is mentioning the terrible bathrooms? Yes the rooms are big but so was the Marriott when I stayed there for the Marathon. We did feel like we were staying in a suite which was nice but with poor lighting it is hard to make the best of the room. For example putting on make up. Near impossible unless you don't mind your make up resting on the toilet seat or in the sink. The grouting was shamefully dirty, the bath cracked and the sink terrible. We were going to ask to move but a sneak at another room proved to be the same.

I agree with a previous comment on the lift, take ear plugs like we did or be prepared to ask to be moved.

The staff were nice enough but it is fustrating to be treated sub standard as we are in our late twenties so similar aged staff think we dont care but that could not be further from the truth. The receptionist had a 'i'd rather be on a modelling audition then work attitude' to his credit they fixed the heater when the grate fell in, but for the price of the room, what you are really paying for in the space.

The concierge was superb and an asset, as was the doorman when we left, but next time we'll know to stay somewhere more expensive and get treated like the adults we are.

Room Tip: The rooms are big so if you dont mind the issue with the bathroom you will be happy with any of the rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Really nice hotel, large rooms, almost like a small apartment. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel is close to many major attractions, as well as Grand Central Station and The Port Authority bus terminal. 10 minuite walk from hotel to Times Square, Central Park about 20 minuite walk. Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Loved the location. However the many other short comings of this establishment make it not worth the money to stay. We took our son to NY over the past weekend for his 11th birthday. I booked this hotel using travelocity (of which I have used numerous times in the past without incident). We had been delayed leaving our home airport due to weather and arrived about 10p at the hotel. The receptionist at the desk was very sweet and friendly. We were given our room and off we went. Here is where the real fun began. We were placed in a room right next to the elevator that must have been the original when the city of NY was built. A little oil on the pulleys and cables could have afforded us some quiet. But to no avail upon walking into our room we were given a single bed for 3 people. So I called the front desk and the operator told me that the front desk does not take calls this late at night. Excuse me I said, we just left the desk minutes ago and explained my problem. She did not care and told me again that the desk does not take calls. So down to the front desk we went again only to be told by that sweet lady that since we booked with travelocity we were only allowed to have a single and not a double room. All the double rooms were booked for the entire weekend and there was nothing she could do. So we asked for additional linens as there are none in the room. There was an extended chair that fit my son and so he chose to sleep there. It was another 45 minutes before our requested linens arrived to the room.

Let me explain the hotel. Excellent location by far, 2 blocks from Grand Central Station and 8 blocks from Times Square, 20 minutes from the airport. Loved that aspect. The building on the outside is well kept. Upon entering you walk through a small hall/bar with glass doors on everything and nothing to distort the glass from a clear path. My son walked into the glass doors twice in the lobby area during the trip. Then immediately you must take 3 stairs to the actually lobby, sitting area, reception desk. There is one customer elevator and one staff elevator. The halls are dark and the elevator is dark too. The ride in the elevator proved fun with all the squeaking from the moving parts. The floor we were on was just as dark with red and black carpet, red walls and black room doors. There was a small 20 watt bulb every 10 feet to assist in lighting the dark halls that had no windows. Once in your room, you are greeted with a burst of heat. The room temp control only kicked on when it needed to cool the room as opposed to heat the room. Bathroom to the right and a 20 foot hallway in front of you to your sleeping area, again no light and dark with dark walls and carpet. Once in the sleeping part of the room you have but 3 lamps again with 20 watt bulbs that by far could only illuminate the nearest 3 feet surrounding the bulb itself. An old velvet sofa chair for my son and one bed for my husband and I. Two pillows, one sheet, one blanket is all you have. (This is where we needed extra linens for my son and the chair he would call his bed.) We did not entertain their menu but did get some take out and brought it to the room. No microwave for leftovers that may have been needed for reheating and no room in a small fridge for 2 cans of soda. I'm thankful my son likes his soda warm.

Sorry St Giles you failed my expectations miserably. Being from Chicago I expected more from a presumed 4 star hotel and believe me when the description talks about classic style and original looks the hotel has--one should run as fast as they can as this is code for "our stuff is old and original." Nothing new, nothing nice, nothing updated.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank picklelodeon00
Reviewed 20 November 2011

The location is great. Rooms are spacious and clean. it's furnished minimalistic. but has what you need. Very little noise from the street.
The building is old and you can see this some places in the room. Friendly staff. Would not recommend breakfast at the hotelbar.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel has the right position,, very nice staff and a nice lobby. Rooms can be very different, I had a wonderful cornerroom to the backyard, quite, specious, felt like a suite. I also was low down, which is good as there are only two lifts for a large number of rooms. The breakfast is a weak point, but there ae plenty of good places near by, so not much to worry about. Morning paper most people would prefere sometthing better. So it is not 5 points, but it is close, I will return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business