“Gorgeous hotel!”

Ranked #82 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Gorgeous hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We recently spent our anniversary at St. Guiles - The Tuscany. The hotel recently underwent a renovation and you can tell. Very modern interior design that made you feel sexy being in it! The staff was awesome! The location was ideal - very close to Grand Central! We will definitely be coming back and we highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. Thank you for making our anniversary great!

• Stayed October 2013
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear OneJazzyMomma,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! It was an honor to host you for such a special occasion and our pleasure to help you celebrate your anniversary. We are always delighted when guests enjoy our recent renovation, and so glad that you found our rooms to be a perfect complement to your romantic weekend! Thank you for recommending us, and we hope to welcome you back for a future visit.

Should you have the opportunity to visit New York City again, it would be our pleasure to arrange your stay. Contact our director of Revenue and Reservations, Christopher Jevas, at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, call an accommodations specialist at 888.406.8588, or use the promo code THANKS when booking directly through our website.

@StGilesTuscany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Tuscany. This was a stopover on our way to a wedding on Long Island. Room was beautifully appointed and calm. The Tuscany is located just off of all the action but you really feel like you are in a neighborhood, not part of all the crazy hustle and bustle of New York City. Almost like you are staying in a friends luxury apartment. Staff was extremely helpful. We are in the restaurant business so we were really thrilled that the staff took extra care to help us find really interesting and unusual restaurants for us to check out. I was really impressed when during a particularly hard time to find a cab our doorman went 1/2 a block with us and basically stood in the street and hailed a cab for us. We had our"hard to impress" 15 year old daughter with us who loved the hotel and easy access to Times Square and the largest Forever 21 store you have ever seen. In closing, wonderful experience and we'll be back. Also, price is amazing for the service and quality of experience. Truly experiencing the neighborhood quality of the hotel was wonderful. Calm in the face of the NYC experience!

Room Tip: Can't remember what floor we were on but contrary to others we enjoyed a little of the noise of...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was a pleasant discovery for us. I have stayed in Murray Hill several times -- always in very pleasant hotels -- but I will say that the Tuscany was the best value for the money of them all. The room was huge. Moreover, the rooms have been renovated quite recently, and so they are really comfortable and well done. The bathroom was a bit small, but very adequate. Overall, a very good experience. I'd go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear KHE,

Thank you for sharing you recent experience at The Tuscany! We are always delighted when guests are pleasantly surprised by our spacious, modern rooms and amenities. We are so glad you discovered us here in Murray Hill, and hope that you come back to visit us again soon!

Should you have the opportunity to visit New York City again, it would be our pleasure to arrange your future stay. Contact our director of Revenue and Reservations, Christopher Jevas, at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, call an accommodations specialist at 888.406.8588, or use the promo code THANKS when booking directly through our website.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

The Tuscany is a wonderful hotel, with wonderful staff. On future trips to NYC I won't need to look elsewhere. The room was very spacious, very well maintained, and very quiet (muffled street noise, but this is a big metropolitan city--I was on the 11th floor). Wifi throughout the hotel was good, except in my room where it got zero reception. I had a great signal just inside the room, and there was ample space to move a comfy chair in there and work away for long periods of time (in other words although the poor wifi reception was an inconvenience I was able to get reception in another part of the room). Front desk staff, and concierge at The Court Hotel-sister hotel next door-were always friendly and helpful. Also have a large very well equipped gym.
Having read many comments about tiny rooms and poor service in NYC I thought this was great value, in a very good location

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mariner59
Dear Mariner59,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are delighted to heat that you enjoyed our spacious, modern rooms and amenities—and so glad that you made use of our comfy chairs. I can assure you that our management team is working to improve Wi-Fi service throughout the hotel, in every guest room—thank you for bearing with us in the meantime! Please come back and visit our friendly staff again soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I'll keep it short as I'd like to keep this place as low key as possible so I can get there again.

I was only there two days but it was one of the best stays I have had anywhere on my travels. I had great spacious and well furnished room, for what I thought was a very good price.

The location was great, the staff helpful and courteous.

I could not fault one single aspect, even the view of The Chrysler Building was perfect!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Pat K
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Pat K,

What a great little review of your recent visit to The Tuscany! We are so glad to hear that our staff took great care and that you enjoyed our spacious, modern rooms and amenities. And we just love our views of the Chrysler Building – day and night, it’s a stunning sight! Please come back and visit us again for an extended stay.

Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

the rooms were spacious, very contemporary, love the decor. the hotel was walking distance to Times Square and 34th street shopping. Breakfast in the cafe was excellent, just needed coffee in the room, which is available on request

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mishjam,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We love the idea of being an “oasis” in the concrete desert of NYC. We are so glad that you enjoyed our spacious, modern rooms, a great breakfast at Audrey Café, and our prime location here in Murray Hill. As you note, we are always happy to place a coffeemaker in the room upon request—we think this make for the freshest coffee and machines for guests who like coffee (you can always add this request when making a reservation with us, and we’ll have it waiting in the room for you upon your arrival!).

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I'm reticent to write about this hotel because I know once it's more on the map, it will be harder to get. I recently decided to try a new hotel in NYC since I was traveling in the fall and my normal hotels were all $550-$700 per night at the time I was going.
I remembered this hotel property when it was a W and I had stayed there 15 years ago.
I spoke to the front desk when making a reservation and they were so helpful and told me about the renovations I had to look forward to.
I was not disappointed. (This review is mostly going to be about the rooms since that was what mattered to me most.) I booked a corner room and it was giant. I had a hallway in my room.
An actual hallway in a Manhattan hotel room. The room was spacious, the furniture nice, the
bathroom modern and there was space to comfortably work when needed.
It was also amazingly quiet. I had stayed in the Meatpacking district the month before and it felt like everyone on my floor was standing over my bed talking. Not here.
I just loved it and thought the prices were very reasonable.

I'll include my MINOR problems: No Room Service yet. Should be available soon, but you can get food at their sister property next door.
-Internet problems. It might just be my computer because I had the same situation at the previous hotel, but the internet was so slow. I took my computer to the genius bar but everything was working fine, so it was just the system they use and my computer. Next time I'm there
I'll bring my ipad just in case.

For ladies: No full length mirror/ There is a vanity area with a giant mirror that is lit around it and the lighting is dull. You can't do your make-up as intended.

Room Tip: splurge and get the corner room!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Rachel T
Dear RachelT,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany (despite your desire to keep us a secret)! We think that our recent renovation, combine with our spacious, modern rooms, are an outstanding value in Murray Hill, and we are so glad you agree. Thank you for your feedback regarding room service, Wi-Fi reception, and mirrors. Our management team is working on solutions to all three of those issues, and we are always eager to find opportunities to improve the guest experience. Please come back and visit us again soon—we hope to make your second visit even better than the first!