“Refurbished and OK hotel”

The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Ranked #93 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel is centrally located close to the Grand Central. I stayed there just before Christmas and the area was very well decorated. Snow outside gave me the New York Christmas feeling! The staff is friendly and the rooms are nice. The elevator is very old and so are the windows. A typical boutique hotel and OK for a night or so. Breakfast is better on the next corner.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank 190479Okr
There are newer reviews for The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent hotel - great location (close to Grand Central Station), clean room, easy check in and check out. Very helpful staff.

The work out room on the second floor has a wide variety of equipment and all in good shape.

Will stay again at The Tuscany for next visit.

1  Thank 44Marcos
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is just as shown on the pictures. Excellent location, friendly staff.
Big rooms, kind of luxury / modern style.
Room 1103 close to the elevator, the room is a little bit smaller because of that but big anyway.
The price is extremely high, but it is a problem of the city, not of the hotel.
The internet connection did not work at the room.

Room Tip: the higher the less noise from the street. if sensitive to noise, try to avoid rooms close to the e...
1  Thank Pablo_02014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was very happy with our one night stay at the The Tuscany (St Giles) in Manhattan. The location is excellent. It's near Park Ave and Grand Central Station, but 39th street is a quiet tree lined street that feels like a little oasis in the city. There are plenty of good restaurants near the hotel.
The staff was excellent. They are welcoming and helpful and give each guest the feel of personal, one on one service. This is not a factory - get them in, get them out kind of hotel.
I loved our room. It was modern, comfortable and successfully combined the old with the new. The bed and linens were a little slice of heaven.
We just bought a condo in Florida and are redoing the bathroom. The minute I walked into the room and saw the bathroom I knew I wanted to do this exact bathroom in our condo. I was snapping pictures to give to our contractor to say - "see this is what we want"! I think that is a good recommendation for the bathroom, I loved it so much I want to copy it in my home!
It was my first time here, but not my last!

1  Thank James S
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I spent 4 nights @ Tuscany in May 2014.

I suggest this hotel mainly for two reasons:
1) room's dimesions > I have been in several hotel in NY but this room is for sure the bigger
2) position > perfect compromise between lower and higher part of Manhattan

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ViaggiatoreVS
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had made a request weeks in advance with our reservation for a very quiet room. When we got there, it was late and we were exhausted.... so did not think much of it when we had a room on the 4th floor.... OMG... I had to take a sleeping pill at 2 am... even with ear plugs, I could not sleep through the sound of ambulances and police car etc, people on the street etc (windows are not sound proof at all)... second day we asked to change rooms and were told the only other option was the second floor... so no... so two more night of noise but not as bad from outside, just woken up in middle of the night by people coming in around 2-3 am from night out partying (yes, we can hear very clearly everything from the hallway it seems, even with earplugs). Wifi is disastrous... worked on and off the first night but not at all the other two nights... we had to go to Starbucks to check our emails... I would have preferred to be in hotel where I had to pay for it and actually had signal.
On the positive side... yes there is one... Hotel looks nice. Rooms are huge, which is amazing if you need to spend time there working (as long as you do not need wifi!)...love the décor. Only 3 blocks from Grand Central Station which is amazing to get you anywhere across the city by subway. Great comfortable beds. Clean.

Room Tip: high floor, but you may not get what you request anyways...
1  Thank Genevieve61
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

It was around dusk on April 6, 2014 when I was spending time with a new business partner of mine, when things took a surprising turn for the worst. This gentleman made the dumb and unprofessional mistake of using the room to fornicate with his "boyfriend," while leaving our lunch for an "errand." When I arrived, I caught them in the act, and decided to leave. He got in my face, things almost got physical & he rushed out, even changing the safe's passcode. When I go to leave, I can't for the fact I could not take my card information off the room for incidentals. He would not put his card down either. After about 2 hours of figuring out what to do, my attorney, and the amazing front desk team that night saved me, and treated me. They were so patient, caring and just beautiful people. The lady even got me something from Starbucks. They as well escorted the gentleman, and his guest out of the hotel, and pretended I left too. Finally what does the staff do? Book me into one of their gorgeous, spacious and delightful suites. I forgot the girls name :( & I believe the guy's name was Jonathan. They both were working that evening on April 6th. Thank you for saving me, and showing me what true hospitality is, especially here in New York. See you soon Tuscany! Best Always, Tommy Hawk.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business