“Another great stay!”

Hotel Edison Times Square
Ranked #313 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I just returned from another stay at the Edison Hotel, approx. my 15th visit there, and as usual I was not disappointed. The room was a signature room, which has been recently updated with new bedding and bathroom. The service was impeccable and I can't wait for my next visit. If you are looking for a good basic hotel with atmosphere and the best location in Times Square, you should consider the Edison. The staff is wonderful and I truly appreciate the security this hotel offers. There is no room service, but with so many eateries in the area, who would want to stay in the room. For a good price and a good night's stay in the heart of NYC, I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Upper rooms have less street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank vicbend
GloriaPierrot, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear vicbend,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay here. We are very grateful for the chance to get feedback from our loyal guests and even more pleased when they have had a great time. We appreciate your kind words about our staff, and are glad that you enjoyed the Signature room and its amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back for your 16th visit and beyond.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very close to Times Square and subway. Hotel itself did need a bit of updating, but was clean and comfortable. Even though it is close to a very busy Times Square we couldn't hear any noise and our room was located at the front. It's a good base and was reasonably priced, four of us shared a room so the cost came down, the room had enough space for us to be comfortable without feeling overcrowded.

Room Tip: room was a bit hot at times so slept with window open which wasn't an issue as high up.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Wendy L,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are so glad to hear that your recent stay with us made your vacation enjoyable! We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time. Please keep in touch via social media.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Edison Hotel Times Square is a big hotel. it has an Exelent location .ike 50-60 steps from Times Square area close to everything a visiting person usualy wants to see in New York. the room i was in was Renovated and everything was very clean. The Room was cleaned every day and the towels and sheets where changed every day. you can get all the info you want at the hotel and you can buy tickets to the various shows ob Broadway and tours and attractions in and around New York. even thou it is a big hotel, The staff is always helpful anf smiling so you have a good feeling.

Room Tip: If you check in and for some reason you dont like your room you can ask for another room and usually...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Fredi T,
Thank you for your comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you were impressed with our polite and helpful staff. We would love the opportunity to show you the same hospitality on your next trip.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I was very excited to come to New York for the first time with my niece as part of an early graduation gift. The Hotel was an easy commute via bus/subway from the airport and we found people to be very helpful and friendly.
When we arrived at the hotel for check-in they could not find us in the system and there was another name with a similar last name that we finally figured was us. Oh well, we finally got into our room and were very pleased. Small but clean and a comfy bed (all you really need anyway with such busy days).
The location was great and in the heart of the theatre district and centrally located (mid-town).

The most unfortunate thing that kinda seemed to leave a bad taste was that in a rush to check out on the last day, I left behind my toiletries bag. Inside my toiletries bag was expensive make-up (Mac) high quality jewellery (costume, some from NY too) medication (which is close to impossible to have covered again by medical, and for this will be out of pocket) and various items.
Of course, you always bring your best stuff when travelling.

I called the hotel right away (less than 24 hrs) to inquire and when received housekeeping, she was very quick to say "We didn't find anything". I was somewhat shocked because I figured that maybe she would have checked with the other housekeeping staff first before such a quick response with so many rooms to clean daily.I finally talked with security and they were not much help either.

Long story short, really loved the location. Not sure if I will stay there again. I didn't appreciate the lack of concern of the loss of approximately $700 worth of items. They could of provided more attentive customer service to ensure future visits. Disappointment in the end.

Room Tip: Corner suites seem to be quietest.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
GloriaPierrot, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear AlanaV762,
Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are truly sorry you have left with a negative impression of the hotel. By way of explanation and not as an excuse, when an item has been found in a room, it is entered into a log maintained by housekeeping and security. In an effort to provide guests with a prompt response this log is referred to when there is an inquiry. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service for our guests, and therefore stress that It is not lack of concern but rather our way of dealing with an issue in a prompt and efficient manner. We look forward to welcoming you back to a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The last time we stayed in Times Square, we stayed at a fleabag hotel, thinking that was the best we could find with such a good location. This time we prebooked at the Edison ($100 per person per night - 3 in a room) and were in for a real treat! The rooms are big for Manhattan; we had 2 double beds and room enough for a desk, a big closet, an iron and ironing board, a warm bathroom with tub. We loved it! The lobby is huge and welcoming, perfect for a take-out coffee and late night chat before going up to the room. The elevators have a security person stationed at the bottom checking that everyone has a room key, which we really appreciated. We will certainly book again at this place for future trips.

Room Tip: If you're bothered by street noise, you may want to ask for a quieter room. I'm not sure wh...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear travel-hawthorne,
Thank you for a lovely review! We are delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel Edison and would love to have you to stay in our home again!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed here as part of a group of 9 in September 2012. We had a fabulous room, spacious and two double beds however all rooms vary and we definitely had the best room of the 4 we booked. Some were very noisy/hot. That said it was clean and the location is amazing - 2 minutes from the hustle and bustle of Times Square. Only ate in the restaurant once, personally I thought it was overpriced for what it was and there was an excellent deli selling everything next door so I 'd stick to that.
Loved the old New York style and fact that Sex and the City (Anchors away episode) had been filmed there. Prices appear to have increased this year so we'll be staying somewhere else but overall a great, value for money hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear woolybird,
Thank you for the positive comments regarding the cleanliness, service and location of the hotel. We are glad you chose the Hotel Edison and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in New York. Please keep in touch via social media for special offers.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I am a professional, 30-something single mother to a tween daughter...I over analyze ..especially about travel with her. My goal was a nice hotel in a good spot where I felt safe and able to easily access as much as possible in NYC ...I found that at Hotel Edison.

I WILL stay at Hotel Edison again the next time we are in NYC...and NYC probably has more hotels available than anywhere in the world, so the choices are unlimited. I hope that says a lot for how much we liked the hotel.

GREAT hotel for a 3 star spot...and for about $200/ night in the heart of the City, you can't go wrong. I can't tell you how perfect the location is...to everything.

This was a spur of the moment trip for us. With spring break in effect, and a few other hotels booked solid, I booked hesitantly based upon price and location but WAS worried due to some bad reviews... Worst case, I figured we would only be there to shower and sleep

When we arrived, we were beyond pleased with the location...steps away from Times Square...loads of restaurants and a block from the hop on hop off tour busses main stops. ...which we used daily for our 3 night stay.

Greeted warmly, room was far larger than expected..I booked two twin beds...bathroom was big for NYC standards, long hallway from front door of our room to our sleeping quarters. 12h floor, immaculate condition. Lots of tv stations if needed.

I have a bad back and slept like a baby there. Quiet, easy to control temps, furniture and linens a bit dated, but COZY, Very, Very clean and awesome mattresses

Bathroom was immaculate ...and every day, maids were in top of it. Gorgeous every night we returned.

Every single employee that I encountered was fabulous ...from front desk, the Doorman, to cleaning to security. Good people

Literally a few footsteps from broadway shows, the best of the best on Times Square and all of the gems on the side streets between 7th and 8th street ...you can't find a better spot to lay your head.

You could essentially stay in a small radius of the hotel and still not see everything that there is to see in a few days time...it is THAT well centered in the heart of the action. Everything you need is there, deli, pizza,bakery,drugstore,Starbucks, subway,broadway shows, shopping, souvenirs and every restaurant in between ....and you feel at home at this hotel...truly.

Just so pleased and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I requested high floor away from elevators and got it :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy912
GloriaPierrot, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Dear Amy912,
We thank you for staying at the Hotel Edison and are thrilled to know your stay exceeded your expectations! Thank you for the positive comments regarding the staff and the great location of the hotel. Thank you for recognizing our staff as they work hard to make sure every guest has a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you and your daughter during your next stay in New York.