When we first arrived at the hotel we were told we couldn't check into the room until 3 o'clock which is pretty normal at most hotels thus meaning we had to leave our luggage in the hotel to prevent trekking it around the streets of New York but the baggage men were very rude and wouldn't allow us to pay them later on considering we had just arrived and had no change. We stepped outside the hotel and realised how close we were to Times Square with actually amazed me and my mother because it was an ideal location for a tourist.
Considering we were travelling for my mums birthday which was informed to the hotel before we visited we were given a free token for breakfast and a nice little card was left in our room which I suppose was a nice touch. The breakfast was average. The beds were a nice size and rather comfortable. The safe in the room did not work meaning we had to carry dollars all the time and hide passports and also we had no fridge and the shower was very decisive as to whether it was boiling or freezing.
The tv was very good in the room offering new movies for free and also the gym facilities were decent which pleased me.
We only stayed for 4 nights which meant it was a short journey with a lot of travelling and the shuttle bus the hotel offered to JFK made the long travelling a whole lot worse making us wait around for ages and it would've probably been quicker and just a tad more expensive to get a taxi straight there so I would not advise.
Overall good location, cheap hotel what can you expect really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1931, Hotel Edison is an architectural art deco masterpiece with a rich history dating back from the moment famed American inventor, Thomas Edison turned on the light at the grand opening of the hotel to playing host to countless notables, to movie and television appearances. Hotel Edison is conveniently situated in the heart of New York City's iconic Times Square, amidst the energy and excitement of the latest in Broadway Theatres, nightlife, fine dining and shopping. The hotel is within steps of Midtown Manhattan's premier business and leisure destinations - Time Warner Center, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and world renown Fifth Avenue Shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Southall Travel, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Edison Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edison Towers Times Square
- Edison Hotel New York City
- Edison New York
- Edison Towers Time Square
- Edison Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Edison New York City
- Edison Towers New York
- Edison Towers Hotel