“Beautiful Hotel, Quiet Location”

The Blakely New York
Ranked #136 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Orlando, Florida
“Beautiful Hotel, Quiet Location”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed at the property for a few days for a business trip. The hotel is absolutely beautiful! The front desk staff was always willing to assist and the bellmen were extremely helpful. The location is perfect with a quick walk to shopping and Central Park. I would absolutely stay at this property on my next trip to NYC!

Room Tip: Stay in the King Suite, totally worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ArielF590

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We had a wonderful time here. Staff was great, the room was beautiful and clean, and the location couldn't be better. Breakfast was pretty good considering it was included. Located only half a block from the subway. It was a little pricy but definitely worth it.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our first stay at The Blakely. I chose this hotel because of the great location - near CP, restaurants and walking distance to TS and the subway.
Pros - location. We are at Remi and Quality Meats two evenings and loved that they were a short walk away. We spent time in CP and liked that we were so close - spent the day at the Columbus Day parade and were able to stop back at the hotel as needed.
Space. My daughter and I slept in two beds in the bedroom while my son slept on the daubed. He is 5'8" and was quite comfortable. There was ample closet space. The room was quite clean overall.
Cons. Bathroom. The lighting was awful - I really had no clue how my makeup looked. There was no storage space in the bathroom for toiletries. The tub was old and my daughter, who loves baths, wouldn't even consider it.
Noise. I requested a higher floor but found upon check-in the rooms with two double beds and sitting room are all lower floors. They did offer to move us the second day to a higher floor with one king but I decided against that....in retrospect, I wish we had moved - the kids slept great but I did not.
Breakfast - no fruit when we arrived, granted it was 10:00 and breakfast ends at 10:30...selections included bagels, bread and muffins. They also had some cold creal and yogurt. Not impressed, but it was "free"...
Overall - if we had a higher floor and I could sit in front of the window to do my makeup I would stay here again. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Oh - arranged for a car service from LGA to the hotel - was supposed to be $99 (?) all- inclusive...the driver charged me $122...not the hotels responsibility but left me with a bad taste. The car they had to take us back to the airport was $49 all-inclusive and was great - I have an extra $10 tip for good service.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank caymusjordan
Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Near Carnegie Hall (and Deli!) The Blakely is where we always stay in NY. It isn't huge and that's why we like it. It feels more like family. It's elegant but not terribly overpriced, and close to Central Park. It's our Home in NY.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sudsarama
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Blakely is a comfortable small hotel, ideally situated for visiting Manhattan. The quietest rooms are on high floors on the 55th Street side of the building. Some minor maintenance issues in our room were attended to rapidly and politely. The air conditioner was rather noisy but could be switched off.
One small problem was that the microwave oven in the kitchenette cut out after a short time. The hotel technician said that if it were operated for more than a few minutes it overheated in the small niche in which it was mounted. (There could be a safety issue here if the thermal cut-out failed to operate). The oven ran fine if taken out of the niche, and the cable was long enough to allow this.
Although the coffee was awful, we found the continental breakfast included in the rate quite adequate, and the tip solicitation was not really a problem. The restaurant staff were perfectly courteous, and we rarely had to wait to be seated. However, the hotel lifts are quite small, so they can be fully occupied at busy times.
The Blakely is conveniently situated right next door to Hertz, and only minutes from a subway station. We had a very pleasant stay there, and would be happy to return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 2plus2gva
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here last October and just had the best time. This lovely Boutique hotel is so strategically located. It is very near MoMa, Times Square, great restaurants and take out places. The room was always clean and the staff were very helpful most especially Ariel from the concierge. I have recommended this place to our friends and will definitely stay here when we travel back to New York.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank PH_mama
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Recommended by a friend for our first visit to NYC. Great location, spacious jr suite, friendly staff. Only downside to the room was very poor lighting, especially in the bathroom...no idea how my makeup looked each day.

• Stayed October 2013