Stayed for 3 nights with wife and son as part of a tour round the States - Hotel is in an Ideal midtown location with Central Park & Times Square within walking distance (even for an 11 year old)
Reception and lobby staff are excellent offering essential advice on nearby attractions. The lobby area and the corridors to the rooms were a little drab but was pleased with the decor in the room itself. The rooms were well equipped with Coffee making facilities, a microwave, a mini bar with room to put your own bottles in.
Breakfast was better than expected after reading past reviews. The breakfast staff didn't do too much to earn their tip, but what's a 2-3 dollars these days.
The only downside was the traffic noise - we requested a quiet room and were given the 7th floor facing onto 55th - The traffic seemed to go all night, so I don't know what a noisy room would be like.
If you want to eat out there are plenty of good differing standard eateries nearby
Overall a very good start to our tour of the States and would certainly recommend to others
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Midtown Manhattan Central Park West, steps way from Times Square and 5th Avenue Shops. A 4-Diamond Property, continuously voted as one of the top independent hotels by US News & World Report - 2014 - 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Blakely New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blakely New York Hotel New York City
- Blakely Hotel New York City
- Blakely New York City
- Blakely New York Hotel