Stayed here during another "polar vortex" last weekend. I had gotten a really good deal on Luxury Link, plus had a credit, so the cost was $388 for two nights including taxes! A little bottle of wine and some chocolates were also included. The lobby is small, not opulent. The welcome was warm and we were given a choice of available rooms. We had a king room in the back (no view but that was our choice). The parking in the garage next door was $35.00/night, very reasonable.
The room was big, and had a chandelier and a sunken recessed ceiling so it felt very spacious. The bed was super comfortable. Very quiet at night, no noise in the hallways, and we didn't hear anyone above us. The bathroom was excellent, lots of space for toiletries, and a huge marble tub which was awesome for a soaking hot bath after freezing our tushes off! The water pressure in the shower was wonderfully strong. Mini fridge, and a Keurig machine were convenient.
We had some drinks and cicchetti in the bar that were very tasty: arancini, grilled shrimp, and a fried fish dish. My arancia martini was delicious, and the bartender substituted one of the blood orange liqueur shots for me with orange juice (I just cannot drink a 100% alcoholic drink haha!)
The included breakfast was basic, but adequate. A variety of breads, mini muffins, cereals, fruit and yogurt. This let us splurge more on dinners and I will tell you after the dinners we didn't want a big breakfast! You could also order off the menu for breakfast but we did not do this.
Didn't use the fitness room or the concierge.
The location was excellent too, we walked to the Theater District, and had it been warmer we would have walked a lot more and further, as it walking distance to Central Park. Near a subway stop too. It a quiet oasis after our day and nights out. No attitude. There is a wonderful gallery a little down the street, stop here if you can, they have handmade crafts from many different artisans, we bought some really pretty holiday ornaments.
I would stay here again if staying in this area, and would even stay without the "deal", that just made it sweeter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Midtown Manhattan Central Park West, steps way from Times Square and 5th Avenue Shops. A 4-Diamond Property, continuously voted as one of the top independent hotels by US News & World Report - 2014 - 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Blakely New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blakely New York Hotel New York City
- Blakely Hotel New York City
- Blakely New York City
- Blakely New York Hotel