Everything the reviewer said above mine I would agree with. We were there with family ranging from seven to seventy, and everyone was generally happy. One of the party ended up on a smoking floor, so bear this in mind when booking. We had asked for a quiet room, but that wasn't acknowledged, spell it out that you want a quiet room, and you may be lucky, if you look back on these reviews some people have recommended quieter sides of the hotel. It's the street noise at the front which is a problem - take ear plugs just in case, as this shouldn't put you off booking, as its no quieter anywhere else so centrally located.
I agree that the restaurant staff next door were incredibly rude and unwelcoming, the only rude person we came across in New York.
The concierge team were excellent, very helpful, but if you got on the buses, it is better not to go through the hotel, just walk out onto one of the streets and buy a ticket direct, as you end up stuck queueing in an office some walk away for ages.
The umbrellas came in very handy.
Don't get too excited by the Penhaligon's toiletries - its not as fancy as the London shop sells, just standard bland hotel products!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Midtown Manhattan Central Park West, steps way from Times Square and 5th Avenue Shops. A 4-Diamond Property, continuously voted as one of the top independent hotels by US News & World Report - 2014 - 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Blakely New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blakely New York Hotel New York City
- Blakely Hotel New York City
- Blakely New York City
- Blakely New York Hotel