I lived and worked most of my life in Manhattan so am pretty familiar with the hotels around the city. When I book a trip to NYC I don't even think about staying in any hotel other than the Blakely. My travel agent knows my room type and floor preference and just books without consultation with me. There is nothing about the Blakely that is unsatisfactory. Mr. Hartman, the General Manager, knows how to run a hotel. All the staff are friendly and efficient. My accommodations have always been throughly cleaned each day. Beds are very comfortable, and the hotel is non-smoking. WiFi is free of charge. The Blakely is known for its somewhat European atmosphere, and service. Those who have traveled to Europe will know that small hotels in big cities typically do not include the benefit of views. They generally are situated among large, tall buildings. Views are not what small hotels are about. Service, peacefulness, and friendliness is. New York is a big, noisy, city that operates full blast twenty four, seven. It's not the place to be when looking for tranquility. One is constantly bombarded by the incessant noise and smells. The Blakely, as opposed to the large hotels, attempts to limit these drawbacks to staying in the city better than most. I rated the hotel five stars because that is what it deserves. The restaurant however is another matter altogether. Do not waste your time eating in it. There are several very good restaurants within a block of the hotel that serve good food at, for NYC, reasonable prices. These are restaurants the locals eat in. NYC is not an inexpensive place to stay. If paying for breakfast in addition to the hotel room is a financial burden, there are numerous hotels right across the river in New Jersey that might better fit your budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Midtown Manhattan Central Park West, steps way from Times Square and 5th Avenue Shops. A 4-Diamond Property, continuously voted as one of the top independent hotels by US News & World Report - 2014 - 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Blakely New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blakely New York Hotel New York City
- Blakely Hotel New York City
- Blakely New York City
- Blakely New York Hotel