I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for one night when I was in NYC for a meeting. I was so looking forward to my stay, I had not stayed at this location yet. The lobby is very nice, it is modern looking and attractive though it seemed a little busy. Registration was prompt. However, as a high ranking member of their Gold Passport Program, I was used to asking and receiving upgrades when a better room was available. In this case, I was told that an upgrade was available but for a surcharge. I stood my ground and was then offered the upgrade. Is that policy--to try and get the surcharge? Nevertheless, the upgrade option was rather disappointing, it was 2 rooms but had no desk or work area nor did have a "comfy chair". Instead it had what looked like a kitchenette table with a cushioned bench seat and extra TV.
So i switched back to my original room. Again it has a modern decor. Room size was pretty good for NYC and bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was also modern. It was a little small compared to the room itself but still functional and fine.
1) Why boast to have flat screen HD TV's when all of the TV channels are in regular analog? The picture is actually worse when you try to use an HD TV without HD channels
2) The set up could have used a little more practical design. The desk area has a single outlet and one of the receptacles was taken up by the lamp. The night table also had one outlet and one of the receptacles was taken up by the Ihome clock radio plug which unfortunately obscured the other receptacle. This was not very conducive to the current times where everyone has electronics and is need of places for charging.
3) Personally, I believe the decor is too modern. While I like contemporary design, the furniture is no longer comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and two restaurants and lounges. Connected to Grand Central Terminal and next door to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, 5th Avenue shopping, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt