1. Central mid-town location near Grand Central Station, ½ block from a Lexington metro stop.
2. Large, clean, renovated room with a comfy bed and nice shower. Ood heating/cooling.
3. Good but expensive food at the hotel restaurant.
1. Finding ways to charge guests for small items seems to be part of the business model. There is no coffee maker in the room so people will pay $3.50 for a cup at the in-house “market.” No free wifi in the lobby--$17. per 24 hours. $2.00 per bag taken to the baggage storage.
2. The overall environment is impersonal. The cleaning staff offered the only friendly greetings. The bellmen and especially the doormen were not helpful. They talked amongst themselves and relied on a cab stopping to see if a guest is waiting for a taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and two restaurants and lounges. Connected to Grand Central Terminal and next door to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, 5th Avenue shopping, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt