After a long search for a hotel in NY we picked this hotel for the location and the fact it had an on-suite bathroom (which we found difficult to find in some of the budget hotels). We have been going to NY for 23 years and this is the first time we have stayed in a hotel after usual spending time with family.
The reception was very impressive when you walk in with staff members waiting for you at the top of the stairs to direct you to the check-in area. Although the queue was long when we got there this moved very quickly and we were able to choose which room we would like (whether we wanted to be close to the lift / stairs etc). The room was very spacious with a walk-in shower, king size bed, i-pod docking station, safe, fridge and a walk in wardrobe. Everything was very clean and tidy and towels were changed daily and there were more towels than we knew what to do with.
The hotel is in an excellent location directly above Grand Central Station with most of the subway routes running through there so easy to get around the city and the surrounding area for us as we spent a considerable time outside of Manhatten. Fifth Avenue was a five minute walk coming directly out by the library.
Having not spent time staying in Manhatten we did find food within the area very expensive and over priced, including the restaurant in the hotel. There is a 24 hour market in the hotel where the food was a lot better priced but my recommendation would be to take a subway out toward Queens were the food is very good, there is so much choice and half the price.
Also found the hotel to be pricy considering at the end of the day you are only using it to sleep and shower. However, we did manage to get a good deal and would definitely stay here again (as long as we could get the same sort of deal).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt