I stayed a while back....The hotel is nice. Room is quite small but very clean. Valet parking is insane! I do understand it's NYC but for $85 one way is way too much! the $85 is not in an out for the day, it's $85 everytime you get your car! The bellman handed his hand out waiting for a tip. I do travel a lot and I do know how to tip for good service but that gesture was just not professional at all.
I was taking pictures with my children at the lobby and one of the security told me that were not allowed to take pictures and asked if we were guests in the hotel. I was with my children...how rude! I had to show her my room key. It's a beautiful hotel, I just feel bad that I felt it's not very welcoming. I have stayed in other NY hotels and the service in the other hotels I stayed at is not even comparable to this Hyatt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and two restaurants and lounges. Connected to Grand Central Terminal and next door to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, 5th Avenue shopping, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt