“Nice hotel and great locatoin”

Grand Hyatt New York
Ranked #327 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in the past. It does need some improvements. The rooms are small, but adequate. (bathrooms as well). This hotel is very easy access for most of parts of NYC. If I had a choice I would probably stay in another property. The staff was average and the rooms were not very elegant for the money.

Room Tip: See if they will upgrade your rooms. There are other options. Free internet/ a few light beverages f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GuestExperienceGHNY, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear FortLaudtraveler,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. While it sounds like you enjoyed aspects of your stay, I’m sorry to hear that you were left underwhelmed overall. We strive to provide our guests with the very best of everything, and we apologize that your visit was not consistent with that standard.

I have no doubts that a return stay would reveal the warm, friendly, and comfortable hotel that you’ve read all about in guest reviews and have come to expect from Hyatt. I hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your trust. If there’s anything you’d like to discuss in further detail, please don’t hesitate to reach out directly.

Guest Experience Manager
christopher.doran@hyatt.com

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt New York with two of my friends. We really enjoyed the hotel as the location is very central. Hotel is at walking distance from NY Library, Bryant Park and the shopping area on 5th avenue.Room was big and very clean. Service was good.
I think I might go back there for my next stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TinaM0
GuestExperienceGHNY, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear TinaM0,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Hyatt New York! We value your kind words and are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with your friends. Our central location does make it easy to enjoy everything New York has to offer. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at paula.ilabaca@hyatt.com when your travel plans bring you back. Being that we are conveniently connected to Grand Central Terminal, next time you visit, may I suggest you take the subway uptown to enjoy The Met and Central Park or take it downtown to visit the World Trade Center Memorial and Battery Park. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Marketing and Communications Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Sitting above Grand Central Station, and a short walk from Times Square, the Hyatt is superbly located - easy to get to from the airport, and then on to the rest of the city. By New York standards, the rooms are palatial, and very comfortable. The hotel offers an airline lounge-style space, with food and drink available through the day and evening, and an outside deck sitting below the surrounding skyscrapers - major attraction. There's also very good complimentary wi-fi, and adaptors were delivered speedily to the room. Check-in and check-out were a little chaotic, and the bath is very small, but other than that, I'd highly recommend the Hyatt.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GuestExperienceGHNY, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear DanNicholl,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Hyatt New York. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and amenities we have to offer. The outside deck in the Club Lounge is one of my favorite parts of the hotel, too! I apologize for your chaotic check in and check out experience. Sometimes the lobby does get busy, but we try to keep things running as smoothly as possible. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I cannot fault the Grand Hyatt New York. The room was large, clean and nicely decorated, the beds were absolutely sensational, and the location is amazing. Situated between Grand Central Station and The Chrysler Building, you're not going to get a much better location while in NYC. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to NYC - You will not get better value for money, especially for this perfect location!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lauren S

Dear Lauren S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind words! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and the guest rooms. I agree, our beds are sensational, and you will find the same beds in all Hyatt's around the world. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Went to the Big Apple for the Belmont Stakes. The Midtown location is GREAT. Walk to Grand Central Station, Times Square, Central Park, Radio City, 5th Ave. and Bloomingdales! Rooms are a little small but NICE . Quite for NYC. Very helpful staff. Everything you need is on site. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Joseph330

Dear Joseph330,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our central location and were able to walk to all the great NY attractions. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff. We hope to have you back for the Belmont Stakes in 2015 and feel free to contact me directly at paula.ilabaca@hyatt.com to help with your reservations. Hopefully it will be a Triple Crown year!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location is great - right on top of Central Station in New York with easy access to downtown, midtown and uptown. You could walk to most of the major sites if you brought good walking shoes. Just feels a little sterile - it is clean and of a good standard but the social areas were rather dull and not filled with character. The lobby was freezing as well - though perhaps a good welcome break from the outside though not great if you want to sit in the bar for the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank carterv100
GuestExperienceGHNY, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Vershacarter,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Hyatt New York. We are constantly striving to improve out hotel so your feedback is greatly appreciated. In regards to our lobby decor, we favor a lobby with minimal decoration so that the structure is the focal point. There is an exception to this during the holiday season when our lobby is decorated and filled with holiday cheer! If you haven't experience this time of year in New York City, I highly recommend returning and we'd love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is a prime location. It is a very busy hotel. The room could of been cleaner for the price paid to stay there. The hotel was lobby was really nice. They also had a good restaunt for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank erinclare9482
GuestExperienceGHNY, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

Dear erinclare9482,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Grand Hyatt New York. You are completely right about our location- it's unbeatable! Its nice to hear that you were able to experience Ny Central for breakfast. During your next stay, I'd recommend going for dinner or lunch and enjoying the burger. It's my personal favorite! I apologize about the cleanliness of your room. Our housekeeping team works tirelessly to ensure that our high standards are met so your feedback will be shared and it helps tremendously. Thank you again for your kind worlds and feel free to contact me directly at paula.ilabaca@hyatt.com should your travel plans bring you back to New York.