“Feel "at home" right on Times Square!”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #193 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Winter Park, Florida
“Feel "at home" right on Times Square!”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

What a warm and welcoming staff at this centrally-located hotel right on Times Square and adjacent to the theatre district!

The hotel is modern, up- to -date, spotless and convenient to so much of New York City's most exciting areas. Excellent and ressoably-priced dining right in the hotel and an abundance of restraints from gourmet to fast within a block of the hotel.

The hotel staff deserves a special mention! I've never encountered a more helpful, welcoming, warm and caring staff in a big-city hotel!

Great value, too, by NYC standards.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Nicholas S
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you for the kind review. I am so happy to read our team was able to make you feel right at home. We appreciate that you have many choices in New York. Thank you for choosing our hotel and please visit again soon.

VP of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,976)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed at crowne plaza in february with my husband,it was our first time in new york and this hotel made our visit perfect.We had a room on the 43rd floor with amazing views of the hudson river to one side and times square to the other, so nice to look out at every night.The beds were so comfortable after a long day exploring new york. Central park,5th ave , empire state and many other interesting places are only a 10 to 15 minute walk away.Loved the hotel and would love to stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 365joa
Thank you for your kind review. On behalf of my team, thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Times Square. We hope to see you again soon.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Fantastic central location, slap-bang in Times Square, surrounded by Broadway theatres and only a few steps to where the City Sights hop on/off busses departs/ends on the Downtown tour (EmpireState, Rockefeller, 911 Memorial + Statue of Liberty) and 2 blocks from where the Uptown tour (Central Park, Haarlem, museums) departs/ends.

Once you are in your room the heat (we were there during an official heatwave) and the sounds and sirens that are NY, are completely obliterated and the room is a peaceful haven. Our 44th floor room had beautiful views of the city and the Hudson River
We shared a 2-double bed room, with our teenage daughter and although I initially thought the double bed was a bit small for my husband and I, we were very comfortable. The room by NY standards was spacious with a large flat screen TV.

We booked the concierge floor, which included breakfast and snacks later in the day, plus free entry to a well equipped gym and free wi-fi. In our opinion well worth the extra money!
The breakfasts were adequate, albeit slightly repetitive (selection of cereals and oat porridge, fresh fruit, yogurts, bagels, doughnuts, cake, selection of bread for the toaster, croissants, strictly not for the toaster as they catch fire! Honey, jams, cold meats + cheese plus tea, coffee and hot chocolate and juice) and although we did not make use of the late afternoon/early evening snacks, on the one occasion that I popped in for a cup of coffee they looked nice with nachos, snacks and some yummy looking red velvet cake - for July 4th!
Not much to complain about, housekeeping was mainly very good, our room was always spotless, we did have a few minor issues regarding slightly erratic supplies - but all quickly rectified with a phone call.
Our main problem with the Crowne Plaza was the internet. It worked perfectly for the first couple of days, but on Sunday they did an upgrade/ service or something ... (we were not informed until we phoned to ask why we could not get internet) I'm not sure whether something went unexpectedly wrong but the "couple of hours" we were told turned into no internet for nearly 3 days, and then were still unable to get our normal mail right up until the time we left. I thought it was poor that the hotel did not communicate the situation to its customers as this severely disrupted our business communications! Free wi-fi is one of my absolute criteria before I book any hotel.
Besides these few gripes I would return and highly recommend this hotel to fellow travellers - but go for the concierge option.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and get the concierge rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the five star review! Thank you for letting your fellow travelers know what a great value our concierge level rooms are. My team and I look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can assist with a future reservation.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed here in Feb 2012 for a long weekend trip.

Check in: Was fairly easy, apart from the overspill of people from the bar clogging up the check-in area by the desks, it got very confusing as to who was actually queueing and who wasn't! Apart from that it was painless and everything was done in a few minutes.

Room: we were quite high up, lovely corner suite with a flawless view of Times Square. The room could have done with some work - the carpet was a heavily worn in some places and it looked like it needed a lick of paint. The only real downside to the room was the fact that behind our room were the maintenance lifts that took the cleaning equipment etc, so we could hear that through the night, however it wasn't enough to affect our sleep.

The bed was one of the best beds i've slept in! very high off the ground due to all the mattress protectors and umpteen sheets they put on :)

facilities: we didn't use any facilities in the hotel, as it was mainly a base for exploring for the weekend.

Food: we only ate in the hotel one morning, food was lovely but VERY expensive (probably the most expensive food in a hotel I've ever seen....)

Location - you couldn't ask for a better location at all, walk out the front door and you're on Times Square. However you never heard any noise from the streets!

The only thing that let this hotel down was the fact that the wifi was chargeable, in this day and age this should be a simple free commodity in a hotel, especially for somewhere like the CP in Times Square!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the detailed review of your stay with us. I appreciate all feedback from our guests, as it helps it improve our services. We have certainly addressed the maintenance issues you reported since you stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if your travels take you back to New York as I would be happy to personally assist with a future reservation.

California
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Very good location (right in the middle of Times Square. The Marriott Marquis is also in the same location so another possible choice).

Have stayed in this hotel before also, and both times I liked the hotel (did not feel rooms were tired like the other reviews). However, both times I feel the front desk was not courteous or helpful (especially in a hotel with room rates close to $300). Management should make a much better effort at instilling some better "service" qualities in their staff especially since they are in a service industry.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the Hudson River for a quiet room with a nice view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and let us know how we are doing. I value all guest feedback, especially from repeat customers. I apologize that our service was less than stellar and am currently working with the team on a service standards refresher great service is a must in our business.

Please let me know if you will be visiting New York again soon. I would be happy to personally assist with a reservation.

Shelbyville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

Wow! No complaints at all about this hotel! Perfect view, perfect room, perfect food. This hotel made our NYC vacation a perfect vacation! This was our second trip to New York. We enjoyed being right in the middle of it all on Times Square...walking distance to everything that we wanted to visit or the subway station. I would recommend
This hotel to anyone that asks!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed with Crowne Plaza for 7 nights in June. Booking was made in April, we booked a room for 3 girls and the hotel assured us that they had rooms to facilitate 3 people. The only request we had made was to have a twin, which in America is 2 double beds.

After waiting 15 minutes to check-in, we were assisted by a totally rude young girl. Constantly rolling her eyes at her computer, not a single smile or any effort to welcome us. Though, I think it's worth adding that the girl next to her seemed very pleasant and made a genuine effort to welcome guests. We just got unlucky!

The room we got given had a King Size bed. Wasn't ideal at all. Called room service/concierge to see if we could change - the answer was no. Had to call again to advise that we required another towel, no towel was brought up! Resorted to writing messages to the house keeper for an extra towel, still didn't get one. Ending up where I was calling them nearly every day. 2-3 times to ensure we got three clean towels.

The room itself was modern, reasonably clean but with a lousy bathroom. 3* standard at best. The rest of staff such as the concierge, doormen etc were pleasant.

The location is extremely touristy, very central an ideal for people making short trips to the city. I personally, will never stay on Times Square again as it is too busy and I felt that we ended up taking Times Square, such a fantastic tourist location, for granted. The first time I went to NY I stayed in a Midtown East hotel, which I felt was a much better location (and Hotel!)

1* for service, 3* for ameneities, 3* location.

I will not return to this hotel again! They really need to work on their customer service skills and working efficiently!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Please accept my apology for the service you described in your review. It is not up to our standards and will be addressed with the team. I am disappointed were were unable to honor your request for a room with two beds and can certainly understand your frustration with having to ask for extra towels each day. I know the team can do better and thank you for your feedback. If I can convince you to visit again, please reach out to me and I would be happy to personally take care of your booking.