“The view was fantastic from the 45th floor.”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #197 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week in November. Taking advice from Tripadvisor reviewers we requested a room up high to get the view and reduce street noise. When we arrived we were given a corner room on the 45th floor. Although it was opposite the elevator and we had been warned by other reviewers about potential noise it was ok. We could here the elevator bell ring but it certainly didn't disturb us at night and neither did people coming in and out of the lift. The bed was large and firm (how we like it) so that was great. The bathroom was a reasonable size and the room was clean. The view was fantastic the only downside was the enormous flat screen television was sitting right in the middle of it. The position was great close to the subway, theatre district etc. Staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. Prior to our arrival we received a welcome email and suggestions about attractions nearby from the Hotel. There is a very well equipped and staffed gym the only downside being hours were restricted so it was not possible to access it early in the morning ie 6am or later at night ie. 8 pm. We had room service one night and the food was of a very good standard. Our only criticism would be that housekeeping was a bit variable even though we left a tip on the bed everyday. One day we arrived back late at night and there were no towels in the room we had to call housekeeping and wait half an hour for them to be delivered when we just wanted to have a shower and go to bed. After we had room service the tray with all the dishes etc. sat outside our room for 24 hours before someone removed it. Some days bottles of water were left in our room other days not. We were provided with plastic and paper cups to make coffee in the room and no spoons just silly plastic sticks that were useless. We started out with two water glasses but they disappeared after the first day and were never seen again. We had to use the ceramic bathroom cups or paper cups to drink out of.

Room Tip: Worth asking or a room above 35th floor. If you can get a corner room - even better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you TnTOz for the review, we are glad you enjoyed the FANTASTIC view, it was our pleasure to provide you with that room request. Our luxurious beds really can't be beat! We do strive to find the best quality items for our guests, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed the amenities that we provide at our hotel. Thank you again for staying at the Crowne Plaza Manhattan Times Square NYC. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

The last time we came to NY we were so disappointed by the hotel we booked that this time around we decided to spend a little more money to be in a hotel we actually didn't mind staying indoors with. The Crowne Plaza is in a great location and is just outside of where Times Square gets really busy with people, it made it pleasant and easy to access the hotel entrances. The room itself was beautiful and quite spacious for NY standard and is serviced daily, the bed was so comfortable it was hard to want to get out of it each morning and the bathroom had perfect lighting to be able to apply makeup. No yellow based lights! We booked the City View room and it was just breathtaking. We were on the 44th floor which was quite removed from the noise except late at night with the emergency vehicles, those things are LOUD when the city goes quiet. I will recommend this hotel to everyone looking for a comfortable stay that's close to all the touristy things and we will definitely return. Thank you CP for contributing in making this leg of our honeymoon great in my favourite city!

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you ChiefWickham for your stellar review of our property and congratulations on your wedding! I am so thrilled to read about the great experience you shared with us. Our beds are definitely comfortable and our location just can't be beat! We hope to welcome you back very soon for another stay!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We would highly recommend this hotel. It is ideally situated in Times Square with a variety of food and bar services in house as well as many along the street. The theatre was also only a short walk away. The staff were friendly and efficient, the hotel room was spacious and to a very high standard. We stayed for my birthday and were totally spoilt with the room on the 43rd floor with excellent views, complitmentary drinks and snacks were delivered to our room also. We have already recommended the hotel to friends. Ten out of ten.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Steve R for your fantastic review! I am so thrilled that you had an excellent birthday celebration while staying with us! Our number one goal is to ensure that our guests leave the hotel feeling like they are part of the CPTS family! We hope to welcome you back for your next occasion to celebrate!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

You just cant beat the location of this hotel, walking distance to everything. Bubbles with the excitment and energy of the city. You can see where the ball comes down on New Years from your window! Felt totally safe with police presence everywhere. Right in the heart of the theater district,and the bar had decent food for a bite before the MOTOWN show which was just 1 block! The beds were so comfortable ,and the fact that there is parking onsite is remarkable!!!! Thanks CPTS for a great weekend!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you breingan for your wonderful review! I am so thrilled that you enjoyed everything that the CPTS has to offer! Our location in the center of the theater district is extremely convenient for all our guests who come into town to see a show. Thank you again for the fantastic review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I travelled from India to JfK and after a long flight, I was pleased to have a friendly staff at crowne plaza Times square check me in.

She was very friendly and did her best to give me a early checkin and also offered some vouchers for coffee while I waited for room keys.

Seldom we find someone like her, who is so friendly at check n desk, she was prompt, fast and friendly.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you SanjayPunatar for your review of our property! Sandra is thrilled that she helped you get off to a good start after a long flight! I am very proud to read that you found our service to be prompt, fast, and friendly because this is what we strive for. We hope to welcome you back to our property very soon!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here on 11/26 for my birthday treat (saw Cinderella.) The gentleman who checked me in also checked me out and remembered our conversation about my birthday trip, even asking how the show was! I had originally planned to walk around after the show, but it was raining so I ordered 'birthday cheesecake' from room service - it arrived with "Happy Birthday Jane" written in chocolate syrup with fruit, etc. How lovely.

OK - back to the room - I had a king room which, IMO, was HUGE. The bed was very comfortable and I'd really like to know where they got the pillows. Since I was only staying for one night, I didn't bring my special pillow (have serious neck & back problems) and woke up with no stiffness/soreness - what an unexpected treat! The bathroom was large, just not much counter space. Had a bit of a problem w/cell phone reception, but texting was fine. Plenty of drawer space, 2 nightstands w/lights, desk, chair, good television reception.

The location is fantastic - subway nearby, all kinds of stores and restaurants within easy walking distance. Talk a walk down 'side streets', you'll find lots of great places to eat!

I was treated so wonderfully for my "big" day. You will love staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you TZMOM for your wonderful review!  I am so glad that you had such a positive experience with all of our staff members! It looks like everyone went out of their way to make sure your trip was extra special!  This is the kind of service we strive to provide for every one of our guests!  You can purchase the luxurious pillows at Crowneplaza.hotelsathome.com.  We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

All staff I came into contact with were unhelpful. I wanted a drink at the bar and it took 15 minutes to get noticed and a further 25 for the drink to come. On the final day I called the front desk to request help getting my luggage down. After 25 minutes nobody came so I went down and asked them to put it in their storeroom at their leisure and I would collect later. No impossible I had to be there they said. Went back upstairs and after further 30 minutes decided I had to get it down myself or I may still be there now. This involved a change of elevators as the main ones stop at 1st. floor. They wouldn't let me borrow a trolley - said they were only for the bellboys use. I had to make two trips. Even worse there were two bellboys hanging around the front door laughing and joking with the doorman instead of doing their job. I wasted a precious hour and in the end lugged my own heavy bags. I told the front desk staff and they just shrugged their shoulders and said they were busy. I would never stay here or any Crowne Plaza again, service just appalling.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorthSimon
CPTimesSquare, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Hi NorthSimon, thank you for staying with us,  we are disappointed to hear that you felt our staff was unhelpful and that they did not meet your expectations.  Our team members are on staff to assist our guests needs whenever requested. We do have policies and procedures in place when handling and storing luggage, to ensure all your requested items are stored in our bell closet, we do require that our guests be present when your luggage is being stored away. The bell carts/trolleys are also quite heavy and we do have team members on staff that are there to assist our guests with their bags. Depending on when our guests get on and off the elevators they will stop on various floors before reaching the lobby level. We do have two separate sets of elevators which are clearly marked the floors that it will stop on. We are disappointed to hear the items that you have commented on, we hope you would reconsider our hotel again.
Safe travels,