I almost didn't book at this hotel because I had read poor reviews about the staff being rude specifically, but wanted the location, and the price was too hard to turn down. I had planned a very special Mother/Daughter trip to NYC for our 17 yr old daughter, her best friend & mom. Before our arrival, I worked with the concierge to have chocolate covered strawberries waiting in our room for the girls, as well as a surprise from Dylan's Candy Shop, and Edith handled things wonderfully, and with a friendly & helpful attitude. The hotel is lovely, rooms spotless, modern. Do not expect great service in the lounge/bar for food late at night, they were just too crowded. So we decided to try room service after waiting for about 20 mins with no service in the lounge. My friend has a nut allergy, and I specifically asked if there were nuts in the dessert we ordered from room service menu. I was told that there were not. Unfortunately, there were. Luckily, it didn't turn into a life and death situation as we realized right away there were nuts. I was mortified and quite upset though, and immediately went downstairs and asked for the manager. I explained that if she had eaten the dessert and had an anaphylactic reaction, it would have been a life & death situation. He was professional, apologetic, and clearly upset that it had happened. He asked if I minded if he left to go speak with the food & beverages manager, as well as speak with the person who took the order, and the chef. He then came back with the F&B manager who also emphatically apologized & stated that they would implement some changes. They explained that the dessert came from an outside vendor, and when they checked the ingredients it did not show nuts. So although in a way it was completely accidental on their part, they would implement a new policy with regard to potential food allergies and outside vendors. They then offered to take the room service cost off our bill and offered us vouchers for breakfast the next morning. (Which was INCREDIBLE btw, and if you eat at the hotel GET THE AMAZING CHICKEN POT PIE...SERIOUSLY!) I would also like to add that when our room service waiter heard what had happened he came up to our room to see if we were alright, if we needed anything, and to let him know if we did anytime during our stay. His name is Alvaro, & he was one of the best waiters we have ever met. Additionally, the Manager, and Food & Beverage Manager were wonderful. So I am not sure who the previous reviewers dealt with as far as hotel personnel, but I can't say enough about how they handled our situation. Additionally, I received a follow up call and email from the hotel following our stay, and an offer to personally handle our next reservation should we choose to go back, and any needs in the future. We will DEFINITELY BE GOING BACK! If it wasn't for the food allergy situation, and an overcharge (that was corrected after I found it) I would have given the hotel 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you ve come for a meeting, you ll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you re here for an event, you ll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City