We stayed for New Years Eve. I would certainly recommend that you stay in the Times Square precinct (if that is why you are in New York for New Year). It allows you to be able to get through the barriers, etc while making your way to and from your hotel. As for the Crowne Plaza, it is what you would expect from a hotel of this caliber. However, their processes to deal with NYE were pretty average ... you would have thought it was their first time! Rather than giving people their NYE wrist band (for access through the barricades) on check-in, they required EVERY PERSON to line up NYE morning - from 9.00am - and then had TWO staff members allocated to the task. I had been in the foyer from 7.00am but could not possibly pick them up then!?@# This was incredibly frustrating and wasted many hours of everyone's time on a day when timing was very important as roads/trains etc were blocked after about 1.00pm. I also have a personal issue with no free wi-fi. Having just come from Italy where wi-fi is free even in the smallest, family owned hotel/apartment, it seems ludicrous to me that anyone can walk in from the street and get free wi-fi in the foyer, but you have to pay to use wi-fi in your VERY EXPENSIVE room (particularly on NYE). Overall, it is a fantastic hotel and location, they just need to plan better for the massive influx of tourists on NYE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you ve come for a meeting, you ll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you re here for an event, you ll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Southall Travel, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City