Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$243
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$220
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
10,303 results
All reviewstimes squaresandra espvicky martinnew yorkpriority clubcorner roomhudson riverperfect locationbusy hotelhotel barbroadway showbig appletwo double bedshigh floorcentral parkrockefeller centerihg
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I really found this to be an affordable hotel, considering its proximity to some of the major NYC attractions. You're basically right in the heart of Times Square, about a two-minute walk from the TKTS booth and just minutes from all the hot Broadway shows. The Crowne Plaza Manhattan Times Square seems to be a great hotel. Customer service was wonderful and the room was a great size. I had expected it to be quite small, considering the location of the hotel, but was pleasantly surprised. We didn't have the best view of Times Square since our room was on the back side of the hotel, but it was better than the "brick wall" """view""" I've had in some other places. As I said, you really can't beat the price for the location. Other hotels in the area are significantly more expensive and may not be as nice as this one!

The only qualm I had was that there is a $75 deposit required at check-in, so just make sure you're aware of that and plan for it. The charge will drop from your bank account/credit card a few days after your departure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CrownePlaza49, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for reviewing our property. It means so much to us as your reviews help make us better. Our location really is great, isn't it? We're constantly trying to provide the best views in the entire city. Times Square on one side and the Hudson River on another is really something you can't go wrong with! Visit us soon and request one of these views and if available, we'll definetely get you in them. We sincerely hope you visit us again!

Best,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We just spent 4 nights at this hotel and had the most wonderful service. My daughter, 7 year old granddaughter and I shared a beautiful room there. We were on the 29th floor, just around the corner from the elevator and we were very impressed with the cleanliness and décor of our room. We found the hotel to be a very quiet refuge from the excitement and commotion of the Times Square streets. Check-in service when we arrived went very smoothly and quickly and the clerk who took care of us was kind and helpful. We arrived a little early but still found that our room was ready. Our luggage was brought up to us very quickly. The concierge always was willing to give us good information when we asked for suggestions or directions. We did not eat in the dining room although it looked very nice. We were very happy with our first stay in this hotel. The hotel is close to so many points of interest and it was easy to get anywhere we wanted to go. But it was always so pleasant to walk back into the hotel after a long day of sight seeing.
The only suggestion I would make is to have the bathtub updated/repaired. It was cracked in a few places and showing its age. The bathroom, like the bedroom was beautifully upgraded and the shower was excellent, but the bathtub was not very pleasant. And a little bar fridge might be nice. But our overall experience at this hotel was one we will always fondly remember. And we hope we can stay at Crowne Plaza on our next visit to New York City.

Room Tip: We were on the 29th floor and found it to be very quiet. No A/C noise. Very little noise from outside the room/building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet I
CrownePlaza49, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time with us here at the Crowne Plaza Times Square! We are glad to hear that the hotel was perfect for your travel needs and that all our staff provided you with flawless service from check-in to check-out. We hope you were able to visit all the restaurants, shops, and attractions in the Times Square vicinity. There is always more to see and do in New York City so we hope to see you again!. Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. Your comments are greatly appreciated and have been forwarded over to the appropriate departments to discuss and review. Please let us know if you will be visiting New York again! We would love to have you stay with us again!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is my third visit to this hotel, and each time they take their customer service to new high. Every staff member that I interacted with was kind, friendly and helpful. From the Maid Service, Mechanical and Bag Claim attendants to the Operations Manager, we met with smiles and a genuine desire to make our visit a pleasant one. I asked for a small bowl of fruit with my breakfast (thinking a spoonful of fruit from the breakfast bar would be lovely). The chef took the time to create a special fruit salad just for me. Alejandro heard about our plight with their currently closed for renovations business office, and took time in an already busy day to help us find a solution and then followed up with me after my trip to ensure all went smoothly. Robert, Alejandro's evening counterpart, could not have been kinder and it was a very busy evening for them both in the main lobby to boot. Not to mention the extra steps taken by Rhoda in the Business Office to help us out! (Thank you, Rhoda, sorry I did not get to see you in person this trip!) The location is great, the rooms pleasant, but what really draws me back is the feeling that I, as a customer, am important to them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the great review! It was our pleasure having you as our guests. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms. Our staff was excited to hear that they were hospitable and made a positive impact on your stay with us. Robert, Alejandro, Rhoda and the rest of our staff are great assets to our hotel. The location is certainly great for guests who want to be in the middle of Times Square. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family. We are glad to hear that you experienced the great customer care we are known to deliver to all our guests Please let us know the next time you will be back in New York City. We would love to have you stay with us again!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The location was central to all the Broadway shows and action. The subway was across the street and very accessible. The hotel went out of their way on this trip. I had made a special request and manager Justin Adams made it happen for us on our 10 yr anniversary. Only thing I wish was the view out our window. I would have really liked a view of Times Square. We paid a little extra for the view but that doesn't mean Times Square view. It just means you get to view the city from higher floors. I wish that was a little more clear. The housekeeping did a great job too. Of course, I did tip which is customary for NY, maybe that is the difference. There seemed to be a shortage of washcloths, two of our 3 night stay we had to use hand towels for washing. The room service was excellent. We ordered the Cowboy burger and lobster roll- not too bad. Thanks again to Justin and the chef who made our stay a memorable one.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello chicoplumber,

Thank you for that amazing review! We are so glad that you had such an amazing time at the Crowne Plaza Times Square. Justin and chef Chris are amazing! They are what define the Crowne Plaza Times Square. The Cowboy burger is to die for! Simply delicious. I'm thrilled to hear our staff was welcoming and accommodating. They'll be happy to hear of your wonderful experience. Please do visit us again soon!

Regards,

Geoffrey Mills
Managing Director

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed previously at the Crowne Plaza Times Square so when travelling on business I decided to stay here again. Not sure what happened here but the quality seems to have dropped dramatically. Upon check in I was told my room was not ready and if I wanted to leave my bags they wold call me once it was ready. To my suprise...no call came. I returned to the hotel at 5pm and was given my room key. When I entered the room I could smell paint fumes in the room and there was obvious signs of work being done in the room. I requested to switch rooms but the second room was no better. The bathroom was very dirty with a cleaning? rag left in the tub, mold on the grout, and stains in the tub and. Not what I have come to expect from the Crowne Plaza. I will likely stay somewhere else on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank James2559
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear James2559,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent business travel. I apologize for the difficulties you had at check in and for the inconvenience with your room accommodations. Your feedback regarding these aspects, as well as the issues with the bathroom have been shared with the staff. I am confident that immediate action will take place to ensure that similar incidents will be avoided. We look forward to welcoming you back in our establishments and hopefully you will see the improvements made.

Kind Regards,