“Great, reliable stay as always”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #197 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've stayed often at the Crowne Plaza when visiting Manhattan for business. It's one of the few hotels I've found in the Times Square area with reliably clean, comfortable rooms. Killer location right on 49th & Broadway. Bonus: very strong shower water pressure (love that!).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlaza49, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hello Glenn90,

Thank you so very much for that review. Reviews like yours let us know we're doing a good job. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay and we do hope you come back very soon. If there's anything we can do to make your stay even more comforabtle than it already is, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

at check-in on Thursday evening, a cue of people waiting to check-in/check-out.

the priority platinum desk was not operating despite we told them that 2 platinum IHG members want to check in.

The room-keys where not prepared, the staff was rude - we almost missed our business dinner afterwards.

Problems int he room (fan makes a strange noise) have not been resolved - late check-out was not offered - "guest assistance" button on the phone went straight to voicemail.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlaza49, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am saddened to read of your stay. This type of service and experience is completely unexceptable. Here at the Crowne Plaza Times Square, we do our best to provide enjoyable and memorable experiences for our guests. This was definitley not the case during your stay and we would like to change that for future stays for you and all guests. Please contact me directly at amontoya@cptsnyc.com so we can further discuss this. We hope you will stay with us again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I went on our 11th Anniversary, and our 1st trip away from our 3 young children, only to have my wife's luggage sent to another destination, and really put a damper on our 1st trip to New York City, which my wife has had her heart set on going since we first started dating 19 years ago. The cab driver was upset and biligerent, due to President Obama visiting the area of our chosen hotel, and it would be a long cab ride, which my wife and I took as not very prosperous for the driver. After a 3 hour journey, we arrived at the Crowne Plaza, and we're pleasantly greeted, where my wife broke down in tears, due to the missing luggage and the clerk stating the hotel had us booked in a room with double beds, not a one king sized bed, which our paperwork clearly showed. After accepting a room, which was NOT promised, and NO view, we set out to try to make the best of our 1st night in NYC. We first set out to get basic essentials for my wife, hair products, clothing, ect. By this time, we were both exhausted and wanted to go back to our hotel. We decided to get a nightcap, and that's when we met our waiter Tony B. he was amazing from the first words out of his mouth!!! He listened to my wife's complaints, and immediately started damage control. He put her at ease, with statements of lost luggage being found at a high percentage, and then Tony came by and really treated us like Royalty. So, for the next 3 nights, my wife and made sure to come back to Tony, after our daily adventures, and he would listen to our tales and make excellent suggestions!!! I rarely write reviews, due to be so busy with work and my kids, but felt Tony B. needs to be recognized as an Amazing Associate to your company. If I could lure him away, I would hire him as a top notch Trainer/ Motivater, that's how impressed my wife and I were with his excellent service and commitment to his job/career! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (408)982-5435.

Pat O'Connell
President
Conach Properties

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlaza49, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hi Pat,

Thanks very much for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your trip overall. I apologize that you and your wife couldn't get the room you would have liked. I promise I'll address this with the staff as we do take our guest reviews very seriously. On to Tony, please don't steal him. We love Tony! He's great isn't he? Our staff really does enjoy working here at the Crowne Plaza Times Square. Please do give us another try if business or pleasure bring you back to NYC. I'll be more than happy to assist in whatever way I can. Hope to see you soon!

Best,

Syed Abid
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The four-star rating comes from a few specific things:
--Location, location, location; steps off Times Square and convenient to the subway
--Room size - not huge but big by NYC standards, and I had enough room for my workout videos
--Upscale lobby area

Other than that, the place is just OK.

Even the bathroom had a reasonable amount of counter space. Bathroom amenities include soap, shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, and lotion, plus packages of cotton balls and swabs.

Internet access will cost you if you’re not a Priority Club member. If you are, it’s complimentary, fast and reliable. This plus a dedicated line at the front desk were the only amenities I received as a Gold member.

On the downside, the room was a bit shabby. The carpet was threadbare in places. One of my cotton ball packages had been opened.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hi DebbiesOnTheRoad,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Your reviews do help make us better. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location in the heart of Times Square as well as the rooms. I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in our rooms. We are still in the process of renovating our rooms and floors. Carpeting as well bathroom renovations are already in effect. We hope you visit as again very soon! We'd love you to see our new rooms and floors! Thank you once again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Times Square. We know you have a choice in hospitlaity and we're glad you chose us.

Best,

Larry Colleton
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our trip to New York for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We spoke to Imran, who's professionalism was an example of customer service at its highest. We were given a room with a beautiful view which looked over Times Square. On our return to the room we received complimentary prosecco and strawberries dipped in chocolate (which were amazing). It didn't finish there the following day we received chocolates and bottled water. Totally blown away with the hospitality and its all down to Imran, making our stay one to remember. The room was spacious, fabulous views and was exceptionally clean (not forgetting the location right on Broadway). For the best rooms available book through Crown Plaza.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who wishes to visit.

Room Tip: Book directly with Crown Plaza and ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlaza49, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing time with us here at the Crowne Plaza Times Square. We are ecstatic that you recognize the "wow" factor that we are known to deliver to all our guests. Imran is a great asset to the hotel and we are so glad he made your stay such a special and unforgettable experience. Thank you for future guest recommendations.Please let us know when you will be back! We hope to see you again soon!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Location only....otherwise poor performance. Very poor, two star hotel in my opinion. Need to be updated and refurbished. And most amazing thing...there is no bar in the room. Internet good but expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
CrownePlaza49, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for the recent feedback about your stay with us at the Crowne PlazaTimes Square. It will give us opportunity to review the areas that need to be improved. I am really disappointed to hear that the room did not meet your expectations. This is not the accommodations and service that we strive to deliver. I would love to get more feedback in order to make amends and turn things right in order to make you happy.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Allie

Alkudrna@cptsnyc.com
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location and is modern. Nice bar in the lobby and close to all the action. Bathrooms are 2 way and if I was using the vanity while my husband was in the shower he had to let me know as the bathroom door opened onto the vanity.

Room Tip: Choose room on higher floors to avoid street noise, we were on level 30 and heard nothing from the s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fionaeid
CrownePlaza49, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for the review! We are glad that you enjoyed the appearance of our hotel as well as our location! We agree that we are in a great location and we are very pleased with the results of our renovation. We are sorry to read that our bathrooms did not satisfy you. Please contact us directly if you plan to stay with us again so that we can arrange a larger bathroom. We hope to see you back at the Crowne Plaza Times Square and we thank you.

Warm regards,