“GREAT!”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #199 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice hotel in the middle of Time Square! We wanted to be in the middle of everything and staying here definitely made us feel like we were. But the best part of our stay was the concierge service! So helpful!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank I'veBeenAround
CrownePlaza49, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi I'veBeenAround,

We're happy to hear your stay with us went great! Our staff really does try and go above and beyond for our guests. We really are in the middle of it all, whether it be shopping, shows or the bright lights. We hope you'll stay with us again because we loved having you!

Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Close to Times Square, easy check in, gave my family brunch voucher for my birthday and free wifi for my teenagers. Very clean!! Second time here and they did not disappoint. We will be back. Bus boys help with taxis to make sure they aren't overcharging you as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the Times Square view
2  Thank Lisa R
CrownePlaza49, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you Lisa R for staying with us and for your fantastic review! We are delighted to hear that you and your family had a great stay. Our staff was excited to hear that they were hospitable and made a positive impact on your stay with us. We can't wait to have you back.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were guests for four nights and the hotel met all of our expectations. By New York standards, our room with two full-size beds was spacious. I normally sleep on a King Size bed with my wife, so I was quite concerned about sleeping on a full size bed. The bed was so comfortable that it made up for the lack of size. We were both able to get good sleep each night. The air-conditioning was great. The room was properly cleaned and made up as expected each day. When we encountered a slow drain in the bathtub, it was repaired immediately, after it was reported. The staff was friendly and helpful. Prices in the bar and restaurant were New York City high, so we opted to eat elsewhere, but the facilities were beautiful. The location is right on Broadway at Times Square. You are close enough to the action, but not so close that you have to contend with the huge crowds that gather. When I asked for some information about the Metrocard, used for subway and bus travel, the attendant offered me his Metrocard, so that I wouldn't have to buy another one. We just added the necessary amount of money to the card for our stay. I will stay at this hotel, again, for any future visits to NYC.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 38th floor and was very quiet. You could not hear much noise from the street le...
3  Thank Rocky V

Thank you Rocky V for the fantastic review! We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. We are glad to hear that the hotel was perfect for your travel needs and that all our staff provided you with flawless service. We hope you were able to visit all the restaurants, shops, and attractions in the Times Square vicinity. There is always more to see and do in New York City so we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Only popped on for a few drinks to get out of the sun. Bar area is pretty good and the prices are ok. Service was the issue and we had to continually get the attention of people to serve us. The bar man couldn't serve the drinks for some reason! Worth calling in and the coffee is pretty good

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AnthonyMLeeds
CrownePlaza49, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi AnthonyMLeeds,

Thanks for dropping in. We appreciate your review of our bar and lobby. I have forwarded your comments to our F&B manager and we will address this issue as it can be frustrating and we understand that. We hope you'll drop by for drinks and lunch again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I checked into the hotel and asked the girl at the front desk if we were by an elevator. She said no and gave me and my son our keys. I get to the room and it is the first room next to the elevator. She clearly didn't care to check where my room was located nor did she care that she put my son and I in the only smoking floor in the hotel. My preferences clearly said I am a non smoker and that I was traveling with a child.
I went back down to the front desk to get a new room. The original girl who checked me in was gone and a woman named Evelyn checked me in. She apologized and made sure that I got a room that would meet my needs. She was pleasant and offered me free wireless access for the whole week for my troubles without me asking for anything. Another front desk clerk (Victoria) was there as well and they were both so pleasant and helpful anytime my son and I had questions or needed something. The two of them truly are an asset to the Crowne Plaza New York and I would stay there again because of them. The room was nice and met our needs, the Concierge staff weren't as pleasant as Victoria and Evelyn but were ok. I would definitely stay there again. Thank you Victoria and Eveyln! The bellman staff were also very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: There is an entire floor dedicated for smokers. Make sure you either request it or request not to b...
3  Thank Don H

Hi Don,

Let me start off by saying thank you for this review. I am so sorry that you were put on our smoking floor and near an elevator. We try and accommodate our guests as best we can but we don't want to accommodate them to areas or floors they don't wish to be on. I'm glad Evelyn and Victoria were amicable enough for you to be given the room and location you had requested. I will be sure to let them know this as well. Please do come see us again soon. We'd love to have you!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

As every review has probably already said, this hotel is in a phenomenal location, right in the heart of all the action of Times Square. You can't get much better than this!

We absolutely loved our corner room, with windows spanning the entire room, all the way toward the bathroom, providing a great view over the city. The room was crisp and clean, the bed was comfortable and treat basket they provided us was a nice touch.

My only real knock on this place was the staff. The man helping us at check-in wasn't helpful at all. He gave me the room key and walked away, without even telling us where the elevator was, or offering to get a bellman to help carry our bags. We asked a maintenance worker where the elevator was and he just said "over there" without even looking up or directing us. There never seemed to be anyone around to ask a question. It was definitely a busy time, and perhaps they were understaffed, but we were surprised at the inattentiveness displayed by the staff.

Other than that, this really is a great hotel in a perfect location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NoWayJoseCuervo
CrownePlaza49, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hi NoWayJoseCuervo,

Thanks for your review! We're glad our property was to your liking. We really are in the heart of it all and it's great for guests that want to step out and enjoy Times Square. I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department head and we'll sit down and dicuss this further as our staff is our greeting point of the Crowne Plaza Times Square. We hope to see you again very soon. Have a safe and happy summer!

Fatena Williams
Front Office Director

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am a travel agent that booked a group into the Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan with 7 rooms for end of July in May. The service then was impeccable and the reservations staff did a great job of helping me decide the types of rooms and pricing.
When the group cancelled their NYC portion of the trip, I called the hotel reservation number and cancelled the rooms with the reservation agent but did not cancel all of them per Melia when she called to confirm that I was bringing the group to the hotel the day of arrival.
I was shocked that these reservations were not cancelled, however, when I looked at the confirmation numbers, they were still live reservations. Melia was gracious when I explained that I thought I had cancelled the rooms however, I could see they were not.
She told me that she would cancel these without a penalty due to the fact that she did show some rooms cancelled with reservations but not all so it may have been their error.
This was very generous of Melia and she has won a loyal travel agent and customer with her AMAZINGLY helpful attitude. She could have made this a major issue for me to resolve, however, she displayed a most helpful attitude and has won a client for life!
Thanks to Melia, as I have regular groups booking into NYC, Crowne Plaza will be my first suggestion to the clients as the most customer friendly hotel in Manhattan!
Appreciatively,
Mark

Room Tip: Ask for the Times Square side for the views!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank HospitalityExpected

Hi Mark!

Thanks for the wonderful comments! I'm sure Melia will be thrilled to read this. I'm glad you got the situation sorted out. We'll be glad to have you and your clients stay on site with us. We hope to see you here soon, as well! Until then have a happy summer and be safe!