6,047 results
All reviews central park times square free breakfast rite aid great location new york breakfast room hot breakfast yogurt rockefeller center few blocks hell's kitchen two queen beds broadway theaters parking garage subway station room was large
Reviewed 14 September 2018

I was in town a few days to visit friends and family and wanted a place close to subway/restaurants/theater etc. I did NOT want to be right at Times Square!! This hotel was an inexpensive choice and I wasn't expecting much beyond just OK and it really wowed me instead!!
I had a lovely King bed room on the top 11th floor overlooking 8th Ave. The decor was fresh and modern with a desk/chair plus easy chair with lamp and coffee in the room.
The lobby area had a fruit bowl, 2 coffee pots all day and chocolate chip cookies.
There was free wifi and an amply breakfast buffet included.
I found the staff to be welcoming and helpful when I had trouble connecting to the wifi, I have HIlton pts and this was the only place where folks knew how to help me get onto the wifi when the sign in page wouldn't show up for me on my phone.
I was happily very impressed and would stay there again in a heart beat!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Riff M
yaniquer1, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for posting about your experience with the Hampton Inn Times Square North. It is such a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay and had some memorable encounters with our staff members while benefiting from our great location. We hope that you will return for your next adventure in the Big Apple.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Last year, I stayed at this hotel and it was great. Location, staff, etc. For some reason, this year it seemed to have dropped off significantly. Felt some of the staff were rude and not helpful. My room did not have a fridge, notepad, and the typical Hampton Inn postcard I get from other Hampton Inns. Price and location are extremely beneficial, but if I were to return, not sure if I would stay here again unless for 2-3 days.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
yaniquer1, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Times Square North for your stay in NYC. I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to complete our customer satisfaction and loyalty survey. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with the Hamptonality which includes a clean fresh bed, a hot breakfast and an experience which exceeds expectations. By looking at your scores and reading your comments it is disappointing to know that we failed to provide you with an exceptional service. We always welcome guest’s feedback so it can help us improve our service moving forward with future guest. I do sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you have encountered during your stay

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Hotel is close to Majestic Theatre (Phantom of the Opera) as well as the meeting site for USA Guided Tours. Great location overall. The only downside we had was the humidity in the actual room we stayed in. In their defense it was 90 degrees outside and humid. But, our clothes were wet just hanging on hangars. The band inside my wifes cap which she had not worn was wet. Very wet. Maybe with different temps this might not be noticed but I do worry about health issues for guests and staff that spend extended time in these conditions. That aside, the hotel was fine, staff very nice, complimentary breakfast good.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello,

We are happy to see that you posted about your recent experience with the Hampton Inn Times Square North. Thank you for the feedback as we love constructive criticism and will work to improve our service in all areas. We hope that you will still consider us for your future New York City travels. While there is certainly no excuse for your poor experience, I assure you that many of these items are not the norm for us and have already been addressed. Once again, I do hope that you will return to experience the true Hampton Inn Times Square North service.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

For my first trip to NYC, this was a very good location! Easy walk to Times Square, Central Park and Broadway. Courteous staff, nice breakfast and clean rooms added to the appeal of the location. We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I am a HH Gold member and was tossing around several Hilton brand hotels in the midtown area. I ended up booking this hotel based on great reviews, its reasonable price and proximity to Times Square/Theater district.

Upon pulling up, the building looked dated and if I had to describe the exterior aesthetics it looked more like a Days Inn than a Hampton Inn. Parking was easy and reasonable for the area. When we walked into the lobby it was modern and clean, front desk staff could not have been more friendly or helpful.

The experience changed as soon as we walked into our room, which was like entering a completely different hotel. The musty scent hit us first, the door in of itself was so old it was chipped away at the edges and did not close properly. The lower lock didn’t even work. The room in general was very worn- I.e. frames on the mirror in the bathroom, the pictures around the room very worn, faded, and chipped. Even the lighting left much to be desired. While it was clean, it hardly felt like a respite of any kind and a place you only want to lay your head down for the night. If that is what you’re looking for, this place will do. In all honesty we did spend little time in it but for the money spent in comparison to more modern, renovated hotels nearby I would’ve paid the extra money for the nicer room.

Also, I thought the Hampton Inn breakfast would be enjoyable for the family but it was so packed and the seating area so sterile that I would have rather paid for breakfast elsewhere or in a hotel that charged a reasonable fee for it.

I guess bottom line, do your research. I am all about experience, and this felt more like a three star experience than a four star. It’s not a bad option for the price, but had I known about the items mentioned above I would have chosen another comparable Hilton brand in the area.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie N
yaniquer1, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018