“Nice rooms, but very trendy.”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #255 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Nice rooms, but very trendy.”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This is my first time at Le Parker Meridien. Our room, which was a standard room, was spacious, although the bathroom was quite cramped, and there is no bathrobe. The hotel has cute little signs all over, such as the minibar sign, which says something like, "a minibar not a fridge." The hotel has trendy things like a blow dry bar, and they play Tom and Jerry cartoons in the elevators. I went to the bar for a snack, and it was dark, and there were only three choices, hummus, caprese sticks, and a cheese platter.

The location is great, and near shopping, etc. It is just trying to hard for me to enjoy.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Singerred,

Thank you for the post. I'm glad that you were a fan of our “New York Smart” verbiage and style. We find that many guests like our witty and direct approach. Need a robe? Just give our staff a call next time so they can bring one to your room. Knave serves a wide selection of pastries in the morning and from 11:30am-5:30pm they have some delicious sandwiches as well. Make sure to try these next visit!

Director of Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Just completed a three-night stay for our nephew's high school graduation. As others state, the location is terrific and we were delighted with the park view from our 39th floor room. Bathroom is small (and I wished they provided bathrobes at the price) but room was good-sized and modern, and the free wi-fi was a big plus for us. We also were tickled by the vintage TV (cartoons, a jazz performance and even part of a Chaplin film) shown in the elevator--a smart idea since the rides from our floor could be long, with frequent stops.

Breakfast at Norma's was an experience: Bring your appetite because everything is over the top. I had the lox eggs benedict which came with at least half a pound of lox heaped on the side (first time I ever got a doggy bag for breakfast). I've also heard good things about their burger joint.

This was definitely a splurge for us, but as splurges go it was certainly worthwhile.

Room Tip: Pay extra if you want a park view, but note that the very top floors (like ours) don't have ice...
Dear Yardena,

Thank you for staying with us for your nephew's graduation. We do have robes and slippers available. Just reach out to our staff who are here 24 hours a day if you need anything. I'm thrilled that you liked the park-view and your room. Definitely try the burger joint the next time you're in town. Insider tip: Place the order over the phone so you can skip the line. Looking forward to your next stay with us and give your nephew our congrats!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2012

If you want spectacular central park views a tower park view room in this hotel is a must. Room amenities are what you would expect from a high quality mid town hotel. My only complaint is the large CRT TV unit in the bedrooms which feels a bit dated & cumbersome for a hotel of this standard, but the other qualities of the room, amazing park views, rooftop pool and roof sun terrace do make up for this. Good high quality contemporary hotel.

Room Tip: Try and request a room on a high floor, as high as they will offer (32+)! Also make sure its park f...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Dear Alan R,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are currently updating all of our televisions to 46" flat-screens with HD cable and nearly 100 channels. There will also be some other exciting changes taking place. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Husband is Starwood Gold, so that played into our experience. Room upgraded, to 33rd floor, fantastic view of Central Park. Room was very large, had everything you could need and seemed to be in decent shape (bathroom was a little tight). Location is very central to anywhere you'd like to go. Parked car, very easy, only 10 minutes to retrieve. The staff was very nice, very service oriented. Would absolutely stay there again.

Dear AshleyDCandBrussels,

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed the view from your room and I hope you had a chance to go to our rooftop pool where there is an amazing 360 degree view. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toronto
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had a pleasant 3 night stay at the PM. I chose to stay here because I had really enjoyed the PM in San Francisco. The hotel is in an amazing location just south of the Park, and close to all the shopping and restaurants you could want to visit, as well as Time Square, and Radio City, etc.

While the staff was extremely friendly I did get turned down for a request for a room on a higher floor (75$ surcharge). I was under the impression that the hotel had recently been renovated, but my room was only average. While nice and tidy it was tired looking - from the water stained popcorn ceiling, to the mildew in the shower, and shoddy bathroom fixtures.
Overall I would stay again due to location, but would hold out for a better rate.

Pros:
Location
The Burger Joint hidden away behind the lobby
Friendly Staff

Cons:
Room condition could be better (especially bathroom)

Room Tip: My room was on the 10th floor south side, and there was issues with noise (garbage trucks, I think...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear JPET1981,

Thank you for your stay. I appreciate your comments. While our TV's are new there is more to come with our rooms update. As we go along the basic aspects of the room will be given an overhaul as well. I apologize the ceiling in your room was in disrepair. Our staff is here 24/7 to address concerns. Please don't hesitate to give us a call in the future. As for insider access to specials, join our "Real Deals" feature on our website for emails regarding killer deals!

in Kensington
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Our most recent trip to NYC was made all the more fantastic by a warm "welcome back!" at the Parker by fine front desker Laurence. Before we could ask, he upgraded us to a beautiful parkview room, where we had close to a perfect experience for five days and nights. As I wax effulgent, I realize I could be hired by the PM's PR people, but believe me, when the experience is less than perfect, I say so (see my scather on Miraval.) Mohammed the bellman was a sweetie who always had a warm smile when I walked through the lobby. And the Frenchman at the desk when we asked for a late checkout was swoon-worthy as well as warm and helpful -- an added treat! Allright, there is a small bone to pick: the hostess at Norma's, the fine brunch resto in the hotel, was cool and unaccommodating when we checked to see whether we could walk in and eat. Mind you, this was a Saturday, high season for a spot like Norma's. Nonetheless, she could have been nicer, suggested other places in the area to eat, etc. As at any place we stay around the world, it is axiomatic at the PM: when you're nice, staff respond in kind, with very few exceptions. As a clinical psychologist, I can't help noticing that, when I read negative reviews about hotels on this and other sites, the lowest ratings are from those people whose extraordinary level of narcissistic entitlement virtually jumps off the page. Simple kindness and a good attitude speak volumes to those in the hospitality business; most people in the service biz are grateful and more than willing to return the same when treated like human beings. I look forward to a return stay at the Parker!

Room Tip: Ask for a park view room -- and be nice about it!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear AnneinKensington,

Thank you for your stay and the insightful review! We look forward to welcoming you back and have shared your comments with our team.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights. Everything was perfect: location, staff, food, rooms. Some of the best burger I´ve tried at the Burger Joint, which is ´hidden´ in the back of the lobby. Also had a great brunch at Norma´s (reservations are a must). Staff very friendly and great service. The concierge helped us out with any question we had concerning recommendations, reservations and general tips. Would definitely go back here on future trips to NYC.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the north side have great views over Central Park
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear EKommers,

Congratulations on your marriage! We are thrilled you spent your honeymoon with us. Thank you for the kind words about our staff. We look forward to many anniversary celebrations in the future.