“Thanksgivning in New York”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #256 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Sebring, Florida
“Thanksgivning in New York”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I would defintly recommend the Le Parker Meridien to anyone visiting NY. When I arrived I was greeted by the doorman who helped me bring in my luggage and showed me to the front desk. The front desk had my reservations and told me about the restaurants and Burger joint located in the hotel so I would be able to have dinner late which was great since I was expecting my brother around 10pm from his fight. I was helped by the bellman who told me about the ammenties offered by the hotel which may be helpful during my stay as well as how great the burgers are at burger joint which by the way are fantastic and I love the fact their open late. I loved Norma's which has the best orange juice and give you great portions of mouth watering food seriously! I loved the stuffed berry waffles with berry brulee and banana macadamia pancakes which were amazing!! The concierge was extremely helpful with the events I planned and also gave me great information on other things I may want to do!! I love NY during the holidays and everything is within walking distance. To the parade route to the great stores which were decorated with great Christmas decor. The rooms were very clean and loved the modern theme. From checking in to my stay the hotel covers everything. I would stay there again and next time I would take advantage of the gym and rooftop pool as well as the blowdry bar which I thought was great idea. My brother thought the barbershop was also great and would take advantage of it the next time we visit!

Room Tip: If you love a great view of the city I would recommend a room that is high up so you can see central...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Dear Lara M,

Thank you for your review and visit! We love knowing our guests had a wonderful trip. We look forward to welcoming you and your brother back again soon!

Happy holidays.

Lisa Tharp
Director of Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 6 December 2012

The hotel is in a great spot in NY, however the rooms are horrible for two distinct reasons......the pillows smell like the last person staying here and the heat is unbearable. I am writing this in my hotel room during my stay. To simply put my problem with this location:

1) When I lay down on the bed, it would be nice if the pillow did not smell like it has been used for ten years. Very Nauseating.

2) Even though it is cold outside, it is torture to require your guests to sleep in 75 degree rooms with no ventilation. I'm sorry I am incorrect....there is a thermostat that supposedly allows you to turn on the AC. No matter the temp you set it at.....hot air blows out of the vent. TORTURE!!!!!

Finally this morning they sent engineering in to open my window.....Trust me I tried on my own...required a screwdriver to get the safety window open.

I could understand a lower cost hotel having these issues.....but for the premium they charge here.....this is insane.....worst night sleep ever.

Room Tip: Make them open the window and give clean pillows before accepting the room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris C
Hi Chris C,

We were very disturbed to read about the problem with your pillows. Please accept my apologies. Luckily I was able to follow the clues in TripAdvisor profile to determine which room you were in (still in, at that time!) I hope our Housekeeping Director was able to remedy the problem as well as ensure the remainder of your stay went well. Our staff is on sight 24/7, please feel free to reach out directly to have problems solved more immediately. As for our HVAC system, each room is supplied with uniform temperature. I am sorry the staff was not able to adjust the temperature to meet your needs.

Have a Good One!

Lisa Tharp
Director of Guest Relations
guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2012

beautiful rooms, fantastic location, great hotel for location to all attractions.
would recommend this to anyone. this hotel was very clean and staff were helpful. if going for the macey's parade this is ideal as the parade was at the bottom of street.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Although we don't come from that far away, feeling of welcome that the staff provides really made our stay relaxing and so enjoyable. We love the gingerbread contest and holiday decorations for Christmas. This hotel knows the value of customer service and makes you want to come back again and again. The addition of the wall mounted TVs in the rooms is brilliant as it makes the room a lot larger (plus the quality of the TVs is excellent). We plan to come back again soon.

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My daughter and I spent 2 nights here at the beginning of December, and had a great stay. The room was spacious for a New York hotel, and very clean. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was fine, though the shower head could use an update. Would have been nice if there was coffee or water in the rooms, but not a deal-breaker. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the concierge staff. They helped us navigate around what we wanted to do while there. Location was perfect for us, since it was close (walking distance) to all the sites we wanted to get to. The hotel was nicely decorated for the holidays.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side only have views from the top half. But the flip side is the lower rooms...
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Hotel was beautiful. The room was bigger than most New York hotel rooms. Which made the stay that much better. Very clean and the staff was so friendly and helpful!! The gym is HUGE and the spa is fantastic

new jersey
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

What a gem of a hotel! Affordable yet upscale, happening and so well located! The gym and dry bar were fabulous amenities. The only negative is actually a positive- the breakfast restaurant Norma's was so busy they could not accommodate us for either morning of our stay. This hotel needs a breakfast dining room for guests to eat their breakfast!!!

• Stayed December 2012