“Great Stay at NYC hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Parker Meridien New York

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #246 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Westchester, NY
“Great Stay at NYC hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I decided to have a NYC weekend. Mind you, we live in Westchester NY.
We stated with a great dinner at Empire Steakhouse and capped it off with an overnight stay at Le Parker Meridien. We were greeted promptly and courteously by the receptionist staff. In the elevator enroute to our hotel floor, there were cartoons on a screen in one elevator, and a Charlie Chaplin movie in another.
The room was spacious and modern. An oh, the flat panel screen on the wall opposite our bed had the most clarity we've seen in recent times.

The bathroom was small but efficient.

In the lobby of the hotel is a restaurant that supposedly has the best burgers in town at the moment. There was a long line to get in.

All in all, a great weekend at a lovely, convenient hotel. We will return again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Marcia523,

With everyone as busy as they are these days, a little "staycation" in the city can be a great way to get away from it all without actually going very far. I'm so glad to hear that we helped to make yours relaxing and memorable. We recently upgraded the TVs in all of our rooms to large HD Flatscreens; I'm very glad you enjoyed it!

We hope to see you during your next city weekend!

Director of Guest Communications

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Saratoga Springs, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had a great 3 night stay. Comfortable, clean, and quiet rooms. We love Norma's and the burger joint. Great location. Close to great shopping, Central Park, subway access, and Times Square. Staff was friendly. Room was always clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeron C,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Very pleasant experience, great food and lovely bedding in this mid-town Manhatten hotel. It was surprisingly nice and well appointed. Love the amenities, the fitness center and the food. Highly recommended if you want quality at a good value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear jilanouette,

Isn't it a wonderful thing to be pleasantly surprised? I'm so glad to read that we exceeded your expectations during your time with us. We hope to see you here in New York again soon.

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
Oley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a weekend stay at Le Parker. It was my first stay but will definitely not be my last. I normally stay at another high end mid town hotel but was trying LPM because the other was astronomically priced. I had a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Naomi at the front desk was probably the nicest front desk person I have ever encountered in NYC. She was friendly, pleasant, and even talked to my daughter and her stuffed animal. :). Claude at the bell stand was such a gentleman and was very helpful as we checked in and when we left. The room was ultra clean, the pool was well cared for and the pool attendants were very helpful. The hotel is very well cared for. My only complaint....I couldn't stay longer. I will be back!

Stayed November 2013
Dear Beckynbug,

Welcome to your new New York pad! Thanks very much for your kind words about Naomi and Claude, they were very excited to read your comments. Our team is what sets us apart from others, and we're very lucky to have Naomi and Claude on ours.

Don't stay away too long!

Usa, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

(late review) Stayed here for a week on business. I usually stay at the W times square, but decided to try this for a change.

Arrived at the check in and the check in person didn't even bother greeting me. I am Gold so am used to being offered the Gold benefits in every Starwood property. This was not offered and I had to ask for it. Especially the wifi - took a long time and talking to the supervisor on duty to get the free wifi. The checkin person assumed that I wanted the free drink instead of the wifi...didn't bother to ask what I wanted. Was given a room on the 30 floor - no views but fine as I wasn't there for the view but was not an upgraded room by any means (could have been my corporate rate).

Entered the room and was immediately greeted by a strong stale fish smell. Immediately called housekeeping and then the reception. Was told someone would come up with a new room key on the 12 th floor as they could not find me a room at higher floors. Housekeeping came around and were surprised as to why the room was even allocated as they had taken it off the availability to clean up the smells (caused by Asian guests bringing in food and leaving leftovers in the trash). Finally after 30 mins was shown a different room

Room nothing great - furnishings quite worn and decor was dated. Found things hanging off inside the closet. Shower was old and over a bathtub that wasn't tall enough. The shower curtain smelled

I stayed 5 nights - spent most of the time outside the hotel anyways. So was fine as a base to sleep. Beds were the usual Starwood comfortable beds.

All in all, i will not be returning to this hotel again. I have stayed at many le meridiens and will stay at the brand, just not this one again.

They do not participate in any of the spg bonus points so I ended up losing 4000 points as well. Nothing to do with service but...

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear im666_1999,

I'm very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your time with us. As a Starwood hotel, we make an effort to upgrade our SPG Gold and Platinum guests whenever possible, however on nights when the hotel is fully committed, this is not always possible. I'm sorry about the misunderstanding regarding your Gold Amenity; I can assure you that this was not intentional.

Should you change your mind and decide to give us another chance, please feel free to contact me prior to your stay with any special requests you may have so that I can facilitate a more typical LPM experience for you.

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My sister and I recently spent a wonderful weekend at the Parker Meridian. Upon our arrival (around noon) we went to the front desk and was greeted by Ashley. While checking in, we explained that we were half-sisters, but that we had only recently met, and were in NYC to get to know each other. We explained that her mother and my father had married young and separated shortly thereafter. Her mother remarried and she and her husband raised my sister as their child, never telling her about her true father. She was 61 years old when she found out! Ashley was truly happy for us having found each other, and quickly found us a room that was ready. When we got up to our room, the phone rang. It was Ashley telling us that she was upgrading us to a junior suite! How wonderful is that! But her kindness didn't end there. When we got back from our day of "makeovers" Ashley was there to compliment my sister and me! When we got to our room, there was a lovely fruit basket, complementary water and a note from Ashley to enjoy our time at the Parker Meridian and in NYC! I have stayed at many hotels in NYC, including several stays at the PM, and have to say that the PM is clearly my favorite. The location is ideal, the food and other amenities are exceptional, and as my experience with Ashley has shown, the staff is professional, personable and caring. Good job Ashley and Parker Meridian!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Melody N
Dear Melody N,

It was so nice to read your review! We're all very happy for you and your sister. Thank you very much for the kind words about Ashley! She was absolutely thrilled to read your review. We are indeed very lucky to have her on our team.
We hope to see you and your sister again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stayed at many hotels for business, and this was by far the worst I've ever encountered. Paying corporate rates and as a gold member, it was terrible.

1) Given a bottom floor room and it was extremely loud
2) All guests -- including gold and silver members -- are charged $10/day for internet and gym. This fee *cannot* be waived. The reception staff told me most people complain about this.
3) There was a note behind the counter in bold literally telling their reception staff (in uppercase bold): "UPSELL! UPSELL! UPSELL!". This is their mantra.
4) I was given the wrong room key and discovered that when I entered someone else's room (unattended) it contained all of their stuff! I had to go back to reception to sort it out.

Frankly I am shocked that #4 would ever happen. Being in another guests room unattended is completely unacceptable. I will never stay at Le Parker Meridien ever again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ryancox02
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear ryancox02,

I appreciate your review candor as well your prior communications after your visit. I would like to again address your points and apologize you did not enjoy your the 1st night of your visit. I am hopeful that when your recall your concerns you will also reflect on the our efforts both during your stay as well as the compensation after your departure.

1) I apologize you found the 5th floor noisy. Certainly each guest is going to have their own level of sensitivity to noise and by no means is NYC a quiet city. This is why we arranged an upgrade the following morning to a deluxe king room on the 19th floor.
2) Indeed our guests pay a daily facility fee of $10 per room. It allows our valued guests full access to more than just internet and gym however. It provides unlimited access to our roof-top pool, gym (including classes, sauna and steam room), internet services (for multiple devices), plus toll-free calls and local calls. We have been receiving great feedback as these items were formerly upwards of $30 per day per guest. We're thrilled to have increased the value of our guests visits. I am sorry you did not find a personal value in this aspect of our property.
3) Offering our guests the opportunity to pay an incremental fee to upgrade their room is not something we regret. Last minute upgrades to reservations are a substantially more affordable for many guests to enjoy a better room than they may have been able to afford otherwise.
4) I sincerely apologize for all of the unfortunate occurrences that marred your stay. I can assure you that what you experienced is by no means typical of a normal stay here at LPM.

Regards,