“Nice quiet Hotel between Central Park and Time Square”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #259 of 468 Hotels in New York City
London
“Nice quiet Hotel between Central Park and Time Square”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Second time and again a great stay. I've been here before in 2012 and returned because of the location and great views on Central Park (views will impress your partner if you are travelling together).

I was on the 30th floor but I was hoping to get a higher floor (requested in advance by email). However my friend arrived early and probably the room initially assigned wasn't ready: I think the staff did it right and switch the room so that my friend could check-in immediately instead of waiting hours for the room to be ready.

Norma's on the ground floor is great! I can understand why people queue up on Sundays. Food is well cooked and portions are huge... which somehow made me also sad: pretty much no one can finish his own meal and I feel very bad when I see all that food wasted. But I guess that's part of the WOW factor that Americans love so much.

Definitely not a cheap hotel... but the price is well reflected in the quality of what you get unlike other hotels in the same area.
A great place to stay in NY, both if your trip is for business or leisure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear sgabello1,

Thanks for your nice review and for choosing to stay with us again. I'm sorry that your room wasn't quite as high up as you'd have liked, but am glad to read that you enjoyed your time here with us. We look forward to your next visit. Don't be a stranger!

Director of Guest Communications

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our family of 5 stayed in a junior suite-we had a fantastic time and highly recommend this hotel. Everything was clean, check-in was easy, the location was great, and we loved watching the sun set from the rooftop pool. I recommend asking to rent a refrigerator and stocking it yourself. Also, we didn't realize the jr. suite does not have a partition between the sleeping area and the sofa area. Makes for early bedtime when the whole family has to go to sleep at the same time! There are many restaurants close by for a quick breakfast or lunch, although we did splurge on Norma's one morning (delicious but not worth the money with a busy infant in tow). Enjoyed burgers from Burger Joint twice! Just call from your room and pick up if you don't want to wait in line. Every staff member we interacted with was helpful and they were all very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jenny W
Dear Jenny W,

Thanks very much for the nice review. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us here in NYC. Our Jr. Suites don't have a full division between the bedroom and living room areas, but our Corner Suites and Central Park Suites do, so we've got options for you should the extra privacy be something you need.

We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

this hotel is in a good location in very close proximity to Central Park, and the fantastic views and rooftop pool were our main reasons for choosing to stay here. It was busy Memorial Day weekend, and everything was fine with our stay apart from some issues we didn't expect which perhaps could have been dealt with a bit better...
On the Friday night we got in to find we had no running water in the bathroom - when we rang down reception the staff couldn't say much but that they were looking into it - I would have expected to perhaps have been offered an alternative room, or some bottled water to be brought up so we could brush our teeth at least (water is very expensive from the minibar in the room so we didn't touch anything in there), but nothing was suggested and after our complaint nothing done to address it which was disappointing- eventually, after the taps splurting out brown muck, the water eventually came back, but I wouldn't feel comfortable drinking it / brushing teeth after seeing the brown muck prior! We went to a nearby shop and stocked up on supplies, water etc removed all the items from the minibar to put our own stuff in - warning - on check-out every item in the minibar turned up on our bill! be sure to check as if you move anything in there the sensors will charge you for that item!
For the price of everything in the hotel we would have expected standards to be higher... it was unfortunate the water situation happened and how it was dealt with... other parts of our stay were fine - we adored the pool and the bed was very comfortable but don't think we'd stay here again on our return to the city...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice, clean, spacious room. The hotel was in a great location in the city, close to shops and restaurants and close to the subway. Would stay here again. They have a dry bar, for hair styling, and a secret hamburger place, both of which I hear are very good, I didn't get a chance to go to either, but suggest to try them if you can. Very pretty lobby and bar area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Pour suite was spacious and thoughtfully designed. You can't beat the location - easy to walk anywhere in midtown, the UES, UWS and central to all major subway lines. The staff that was more than accommodating when we needed to change our room. Also plenty of dining options within the hotel, including arguable NYC's best breakfast (Norma's) and burger (Burger Joint).

• Stayed May 2014
texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I went to NYC to attend a reunion at Columbia University. We stayed at the Le Parker Meridien and had an absolutely wonderful experience. Check was very smooth and our room was ready and very clean. We had a spectacular park view. Norma's served us an outstanding breakfast and the Nave bar was perfect for meeting up with old friends before we hit the town. The location of this hotel was awesome. You can access central park, the east side and west side with great ease. The lobby and environs had a nice peaceful feel to it and was very relaxing after a day in the city. We did not get to eat at the burger joint, which came highly recommended by friends that are locals, as the line was really long during operating hours. That being said, we slept in every day and were pretty lazy about preparing for lunch. No hotel is perfect but I won't nitpick about it as others do about things that don't really matter.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter, highly recommend upgrading to a park view if possible
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear coadycat,

Thanks very much for the nice review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here at LPM! Next time you're here, you really ought to try the burgers at burger joint. This stays between you and me, but rumor has it you can call your order in from your room and then skip the line, but mum's the word!

I hope we'll see you again sometime soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2014

On one of my visits to NYC I stayed at this hotel. I couldn't understand why a room could only hold two people until I saw the size of the room. Instead of two double beds there were two twin beds! It had a descent size TV and a mini bar. The bathroom was small but suitable for my needs. My window view is of no concern since there are public viewing areas where you can get a nice view of Central park by the elevator.
The building is small and easy to miss. I did not get the opportunity to see the gym nor try the hamburger place. The hamburger place had long lines when open.
I was on an upper floor but could hear the "sounds" of traffic and noise outside making it hard for me to sleep.
They have a nice restaurant for breakfast called Norma's which is a bit pricey but they do give you a generous portion and the food is good.
I feel this place is overpriced due to its name and location. While I may return to the restaurant there are better places I could go.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Arlene M
Dear Arlene M,

Thanks for your review. Our rooms with two beds have over-sized Twin beds which only sleep one adult each, which is why our reservations system won't let you book the room for more than two persons. We have plenty of options if you need to sleep more than 2, including full suites and connecting rooms that can accommodate up to six persons. Our reservations team can help you book the perfect room for your needs.