“Awesome location, less than awesome hotel”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #259 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here for the weekend and the front desk service was quick, friendly, and helpful. I'm glad we were able to check in right away even though we arrived at 9:30am. Even though we checked in in the morning, you wouldn't know it when we reached our floor - so dark! The room itself was outdated and dark but clean. The bathroom is in dire need of an upgrade, especially when the tap doesn't reach far out enough over the sink that you hit your hands on the back wall of the sink every time you wash your hands. If you get a really good deal on the price, then I would definitely recommend staying here. But I would not pay full price to stay here again, it's definitely not worth it even if it is in a prime location (close to subway stops and central park). Also, the wifi is AWFUL.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley E

Reviewed 19 August 2014

From the moment we arrived at LPM we were blown away. Check in and check out was seamless, the room was big enough for our family of 4, the amenities were wonderful and all the staff at the hotel always greeted us with a smile or a friendly hello. We used the penthouse pool and thought it was fantastic. The views from this level are beautiful. Our first night we dined at Beco which was amazing. I highly recommend going to this restaurant. The portions are huge, the price tag is reasonable and the quality of food is outstanding. The second night we ate at Eataly which is a great experience and has a wonderful vibe. The gelato and pizza are a MUST! The location of this hotel is what will bring me back again and again. We were walking distance to most major attractions, restaurants, coffee shops, shopping and subway lines. Thank you LPM for making our family weekend getaway one that we will always remember!

Room Tip: Higher level floors are best however you can still hear outdoor noises.
1  Thank LOVE2TRAVEL64
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel has the BEST location around! 4 blocks from Time Square, 5 blocks from Broadway, 2 blocks from Central Park, 7 blocks from Rockefeller Plaza and 15 blocks from Grand Central Station, NY City Public Library and close to the Empire State Building! Stunning views from every angle, cleanest room every evening and the nicest staff around! Norma's B-fast/Lunch was 5-star delicious and the Burger Joint was a great stop after a late night Broadway Show! Very close to lots of restaurant choices for the evening, ortherwise room service is available. The gym and spa are both enormous, clean, open with a ton of variety of weights and machines! Everyone was amazing and I cannot say enough great things about this property! Coming back soon :)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We really like the hotel but the junior suite has no place to hang a pair of trousers from a hangar with clips. The clost floor is not low enough and the only other space has an ironing board and safe, A hangar has to be jammed into it.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Let me just preface this by stating that not only is this my favorite hotel in New York but it's one of my favorite hotels in the world. The later part of that statement may seem lofty, but it's absolutely true because if your idea of "perfection" in a hotel is that it's clean, that the employees - and by that I mean everyone - is nice and professional in their duties,that the bed is great, the bathroom is fully functional and clean and big and that there is some uniqueness in the hotel, then by that measure this is a "perfect hotel." As far as New York is concerned, for our needs in the city it is the best. If you need to be closer to downtown or at the outer reaches, then this is a bit of a haul but if your midtown centric, then you can't beat this location. It's also the kind of hotel where you can eat and drink and meet. The bar is unique, the food - from the best breakfast in the city to the best hamburger stand, all within the hotel. And to add further uniqueness, there is a pool on the roof with great views of the park. On my most recent visit, it was for business and I had a Junior Suite which was perfect for a small meeting. But most times my stays are for leisure whether it's a museum visit or a social event in the city, I find myself here. Anyway, if you travel as we do, you always want to share the good things, and this hotel is one of the "good things" in New York.

Room Tip: If you can, try to get one of the Tower rooms as they start around the 24th floor. Also, the Junior...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I travel to NY twice a year and have been trying to find a hotel that I can stay at each time. My team decided to try this hotel: Big Mistake. Although the people were nice, that fact couldn't make up for what the hotel lacked and what the room lacked.

Everything was dark and dreary. The hallways were dark. The room was dark. And everything, besides the bathroom, looked old and outdated. If you looked too close at the walls and ceiling you could see peeling and cracking. Also, the closet doesn't have a door, just a curtain.

Another HUGE issue was that the WiFi almost never worked. I'm there on business and have to have access to the WiFi. Numerous times I had to go to the lobby to connect, it was so ridiculously inconvenient.

Finally, the bed was super uncomfortable; no box spring, just a mattress.

The location was great, but the room was just not. I will not be staying in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JSeattleLaw
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a great time at le parker meridien new york, All employees and staff were great. service was amazing. Dario and Gabriella solved all the problems we had. We had a comfortable and enjoying time at the hotel.