Parker New York
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$190
5,797 results
All reviewsle parker meridienburger jointrooftop poolcentral parkdry barbarber shopjunior suitegreat locationnew yorkcarnegie hallpark viewtimes squaretop floorcolumbus circlenyc hotelfifth avenueby nyc standards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Overall, my stay at Le Parker was great...here are my 2 cents:

CHECK-IN: This was quick and easy. The staff members were very nice. I also got to have a late check out time which was wonderful since my train left in the late afternoon.

JR SUITE: The suite is quite roomy for my family of 4. I don't know how big regular rooms are - but the Jr Suite was great...essentially, it's like 2 rooms - and by NY standards - huge. Of course it was a bit pricier, but couldn't find a hotel w. similar amenities w. this size rooms for the same price.

DECOR: I agree the hotel rooms could use a little updating. However, they are not that tired--yet. The lobby is beautiful w. marble floors although not your 'standard' lobby with a grand central area.

FOOD/DRINKS: We ate at the Burger Joint which was tasty (there was no line b/c we ate early evening) and had drinks at the Knave. The burgers and fries were cheap @ the Burger Joint and the drinks expensive @ the Knave. However, it's NYC...loved the ambiance @ the Knave. I didn't have coffee in the morning, we opted for smoothies nearby instead--but I'd try it out if I wanted a nice cappuccino in a cushy sofa and cozy setting.

LOCATION: The location is excellent...just a few blocks from Central park, Time Square, museums, and lots of shopping. There are also many good restaurants in all price ranges very close, too. Across the street (and on nearly every block in NYC) is a Starbucks and a Chopt salad place.

AMENITIES: We did make use of the pool - it was highly chlorinated - but we have a salt water pool at home so we're sensitive to "public" pools. The view is beautiful at the top, though...well worth a trip even if you don't take advantage of the pool! There's a barber shop if you need a haircut. Our room had a big tv that swiveled either towards the king bed or sitting area/sofa bed area. The fridge is stocked full of alcohol. I wish hotels would quit this--I'd much rather have a fridge for a small yogurt and/or cold waters that I bought. The bathroom is a good size--note that our Jr Suite only had a shower--perfect for my family, but perhaps not so for those with small children who like to bathe in a tub. The king bed was very comfy--can't say that was the case for the sofa bed, but I've never seen a comfy sofa bed in a hotel! Our room was quiet as well.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely - and we will be in a few months to see family again who live in the Upper West side. The only other hotel that I think we might switch to is the Quin Hotel- but there's no pool and for the same price can only get a room w. 2 queen beds...

Room Tip: Tower rooms cost more - but you can enjoy their view by going to rooftop of pool instead....we were hardly in our room. Jr suite is worth the extra $$ for families!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Parker New York, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear nbm5b,

Thank you so much for your very in-depth and thoughtful review! I'm so glad that we were a good fit for you and your family. Like you mentioned, our Jr. Suites really are a great option for families and while most of them have large walk-in showers, we also have several with shower/bathtub combos for guests that prefer to take baths. As we don't have very many of them, guests who'd like one should contact us before they arrive so we can set one aside for them. Our Jr. Suites have a fully stocked minibar as you noted, but we also have small refrigerators (and microwaves) that we can place in guest rooms upon request for personal items. Just let us know! You should definitely try out the coffee in Knave next time you're here. Also, if you're a smoothie fan, there's a great juice bar called Le Petit Bluedog Cafe in The Underground (near Gravity) that serves amazing smoothies that are much healthier than the ones you'll find at the big chain place on the corner.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Have a Good One!

Lisa Tharp
Director of Guest Communications
guestrelations@parkermeridien.com

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We love everything about this place. From the unmatched view from the roof, to the pool, the location, and ofcourse the burger joint, this place has now been the hotel we stay at in nyc for 5 straight summers!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear jRa623,

Thanks very much for the nice review. I'm thrilled that you've chosen to stay with us the past five summers! We appreciate your loyalty. See you next year for summer number six!

Have a Good One!

Lisa Tharp
Director of Guest Communications

Reviewed 20 August 2014

There are some amazing people who work at this hotel. Several hours after we checked out last week-end my daughter realized her wallet was still in the room safe. That's enough to create a crisis but we left the safe open after what we thought was carefully checking the room. Trying to control the panic in my voice I called the hotel, asked for security, explained the situation to the security officer and held my breath, preparing for the worst. To my surprise the security officer said the wallet had been turned in, provided the 'log number' and instructions to retrieve the wallet. Hotel security also sent me an email prior to my call saying they had my daughter's wallet and asking that I call.
The wallet was returned intact. Wow!
I assume the Housekeeper Angel found the wallet and called security. I don't have the name of the Housekeeper Angel who found the wallet, the security officer who I spoke with or anyone else involved but I do want to express my sincere appreciation to everyone involved. Thank you so very much.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I previously reviewed this hotel and noted it had pros and cons. I've returned since and an updating my review. The lobby is very very nice. The staff is very professional and helpful. Rooms are very nicely appointed. Rooftop pool (indoor) is small but pool area has very nice views and there is also an outdoor sundeck. The platnium breakfast is a certificate for a pastry and coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the Knave (coffee bar by day, bar by night) - there are multiple pastry choices - ask the barista or waitress. Moonshine bath products are in larger than the usual hotel size bottles - 3 ounces. The bath products have a fairly strong distinctive smell - I thought it was fine, but those with fragrance sensitivities might have issues. Very good location near to multiple subways, theaters, central park, times square, columbus square. Wifi normally bears a charge but is free for those with starwood status -- however, wifi was slow and often had connectivity issues during our stay.

Room Tip: There are two sets of elevators, one serving floors through 22 and one for 22 and higher. If you plan to use the pool, being on floor 22 or above is more convenient, otherwise you must take two elevators. Odd numbered rooms face the park. Most odd numbered rooms are smaller than even numbered rooms. The exception is rooms on floors 21 (and below, I think) that end in 11. These rooms are larger - however they are next to the elevator shaft for the elevators that serve floors 22 and higher, so there is a noise from elevators whizzing past right behind the headboard to the bed in these rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I had 5 nights at Le Parker and will definitely be back. At first I thought my guest room was quite basic but the most important elements were done very well. Quite possibly the best hotel bed I've ever had and the bathroom is a generous size for NYC, with plenty of bench space (important for women!) and a large bath that you can soak in. The water pressure in the shower was incredible and my showers became longer with each use. The toiletries are from the hotel's Moonshine Spa and are superb.
The room was a great size and I was upgraded to the tower (level 39) which had fantastic views. One annoyance, you can't store your own items in the mini bar...not a big deal but somewhat annoying and most higher end hotels are the same.
Staff could be a little friendlier at the front desk. Also time to upgrade your hair dryers! Lose the ones attached to the wall, they're tacky and not in keeping with your brand.
If you stay here you must have a burger from the Burger Joint and don't be put off by the long line, it moves quickly.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo